Our own JW Coming up on NFL radio

TBD best get a mention! Stinks to be driving, On a saturday, but at least speech to text works well.

Edit..Nice interview JW! Liked your take on the veteran QB next year if EJ bombs.

Think you could have/should have mentioned the epic trade SJ13 thread on TBD a while back when they asked about the trade.

BTW, was not the greatest audio quality..if you were on a speaker need a new one!

Edited by plenzmd1

Which veterans did he mention?

No specific veteran mentioned, just there is a receiving corp and running game in place that would help attract a free agent QB if that was needed. I haven't heard the idea before. It would be a viable plan B if EJ doesn't progress this year.

No specific veteran mentioned, just there is a receiving corp and running game in place that would help attract a free agent QB if that was needed. I haven't heard the idea before. It would be a viable plan B if EJ doesn't progress this year.

There's an entire thread dedicated to the idea...

to answer a few questions here:

-- sound quality was bad on my end, too. found it difficult hearing some of the questions. seems like the trouble was at their end.

-- no, i don't get paid for this stuff. i do like to stick to speaking to folks i know or those whom i've dealt with in the past. Vic is a great guy, and he has me on occasionally through the year.

as for the QB thoughts, it's something i've come up with on my own. but not surprised it's been discussed here.

jw

-- sound quality was bad on my end, too. found it difficult hearing some of the questions. seems like the trouble was at their end.

-- no, i don't get paid for this stuff. i do like to stick to speaking to folks i know or those whom i've dealt with in the past. Vic is a great guy, and he has me on occasionally through the year.

as for the QB thoughts, it's something i've come up with on my own. but not surprised it's been discussed here.

jw

Thanks john. I did not get to hear the interview but your hard work is appreciated

jw

please pm me whenever you will be on, I like hearing your take and there is a chance I can probably record it for playback and dictating later so the board can be shared.

I like Vic, too. Everyone on NFLN is pretty dang good.

Oh, and as always, thanks for being awesome!

#Awesome.

Edited by jboyst62

Is there a link?

Great minds think a like. The counter to giving the up 1st in 2015. Is

1.) Winston and Mariota are probably going Top 3 and the Bills are not going to be a 3-13 team in 2014, even worst case. So its not like the Bills would likely be in a position to draft a "Franchise QB" in 2015. Also

2.) A Veteran Free Agent QB has to look at the RBs, O-Line, WRs and defense and say; "Yeah I can make this work."

Edited by Why So Serious?

jw

Thanks for answering that, always bugged me for some wierd reason.

Is there a link?

1.) Winston and Mariota are probably going Top 3 and the Bills are not going to be a 3-13 team in 2014, even worst case. So its not like the Bills would likely be in a position to draft a "Franchise QB" in 2015. Also

2.) A Veteran Free Agent QB has to look at the RBs, O-Line, WRs and defense and say; "Yeah I can make this work."

Also, Whaley's has just shown that he's not afraid to move around in the draft. While not having a first next year would make it more difficult, if there is a QB there worth taking and EJ's not the man, what's to keep him from putting together a package to get the player they want next year, especially if the rest of the pieces have fallen into place?

Also, Whaley's has just shown that he's not afraid to move around in the draft. While not having a first next year would make it more difficult, if there is a QB there worth taking and EJ's not the man, what's to keep him from putting together a package to get the player they want next year, especially if the rest of the pieces have fallen into place?

Exactly Trade 2016 1st and the rest of the 2015 draft if you think Winston or Mariota is going to take the team to the promise land.

Is there a link?

Regardless of where we finish, and what our record and draft slot are, Winston will not be coming here. Buffalo is a lousy town for seafood.