(Offseason)QB coach: EJ Manuel could be bound for Pro Bowl season

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/qb-coach-ej-manuel-could-be-bound-for-pro-bowl-season-051414

"The training sessions include all aspects involving the quarterback position, but Manuel’s was specifically designed to work on three areas of improvement: his throwing motion, understanding how the ball comes out of his hand and shortening his stride step."

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great read. If you believe nothing else about Ej his work ethic and desire to get better are evident. A full healthy off-season, and a year of studying the play book and talking w Hackett can only mean good things. Fingers crossed.

Remember when Bill Walsh told us Trent Edwards was good...this is next to useless information

Unfortunately, yeah. I remember a similar story regarding Tim Tebow, and we all know how that turned out.

Edit: Just so we're straight, I'm NOT comparing EJ to Tebow. In fact, I'm sorta starting to drink the EJ kool-aide.

Edited by Rocky Landing

There are always these articles about Qb coaches who are going to dramatically improve a bad qb's mechanics. It rarely comes to fruition, and it never happens quickly. It takes so much time and repetition for it to become natural and the guys with bad mechanics typically aren't good enough to buy themselves that time in the league.

i haven't been this excited since david lee fixed fitz.

Remember when Bill Walsh told us Trent Edwards was good...this is next to useless information

However, this year Bills O line could be one of the best they have had in a long time. That second round OT was graded as a late first rounder by many. That fifth round OT / OG was graded as a second round pick, and in a lot of top 100 rankings. At least EJ shouldn't be able to blame his line. So, we will see come September.

A lot of times it just doesn't matter how hard of a worker you are. You either have the talent or you don't. I love how hard of a worker EJ is. He is determined to be successful. Really rooting for him.

These puff articles about new coaches, training techniques, change of scenery, etc are a dime a dozen. How could we forget the one in the Buffalo News about John McCargo's rebirth under Bill Kollar. There is no substitute for experience and hard work but you also need talent to succeed in the NFL, especially at QB. Look no farther than Ryan Fitzpatrick or JP Losman.

These puff articles about new coaches, training techniques, change of scenery, etc are a dime a dozen. How could we forget the one in the Buffalo News about John McCargo's rebirth under Bill Kollar. There is no substitute for experience and hard work but you also need talent to succeed in the NFL, especially at QB. Look no farther than Ryan Fitzpatrick or JP Losman.

That is actually pretty funny, I forgot what I had for lunch, oh wait, it's still on the kitchen counter!

On the contrary, learning that EJ is working on his throwing motion and other things with a QB coach is a very hopeful sign.

Not a guarantee, but far from useless.