Congrats to Michael Sam

Gugny

I hope Michael Sam makes other teams regret passing on the SEC defensive player of the year. Wish him success on the field -- unless the Rams are playing the Bills.

It will be a great day when all athletes can live an honest life, and an out player will be just another guy.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And who are you to tell me to be tolerant of his life style? I'm all for the human race surviving, being gay doesn't allow for that to happen. There is a reason we all have reproductive parts, figure it out!

I understand your beliefs, but how about this for a retort; the world is over-polluted and over-populated. If less people have kids, sustainability is improved. Ergo, homosexuality may actually be good for the future of the human race. Just a thought.

But, your point is well taken. No one can change your beliefs. But, your screen name is appropriate. Your school of thought is not what would be considered new school.

It's pretty obvious that "can we please not talk about it" is code for "I'm homophobic but it's not socially acceptable to denounce them in public anymore."

Pretending that Sam isn't a milestone worthy of at least some discussion is just silly.

So...everyone has to be sympathetic towards his plight or else they're not evolved? Everyone wants the ability for one to be open about his preferences - yet want to squelch those that are openly not in favor of it (and carry the same exact right to feel that way and express their feelengs openly). Nice backdoor (no pun) assault on free speech!

Good luck Michael.....you wanted an even playing field....you got it......NFL locker rooms are brutal places especially for rookies of all sexual preferences. I'm all for your right to be there....as much as I am all for someone to openly object to it.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

And who are you to tell me to be tolerant of his life style? I'm all for the human race surviving, being gay doesn't allow for that to happen. There is a reason we all have reproductive parts, figure it out!

There are only a few people on here who might be bigger science nerds than me; I understand how reproduction works. :thumbsup: If you want to go down the science route, that are many species on this planet that in fact do have relations with the same sex...do they reproduce? no, but from an evolutionary standpoint and inherent drive to reproduce, they engage in the reproductive act...

You have zero say in anyone's lifestyle other than your own, you cannot control them, allow them to see the light or lead them down a righteous path or change who they are. What authority do you have over anyone's life other than your own? You have precisely zero, nadda, none zilch, etc...

Choosing to be tolerant of anyone's lifestyle or choices they have made or not made in their life is the true essence of being a bigot. You are not a creator, commander or or anything that can force someone to be what you want them to be and outcast those who are not.

As a human being all people are subject to have equal rights, the right to pursue happiness and the right to be themselves.The also have the right to be non-conformists and live their lives as they choose, albeit murdering and raping kids does have a negative effect on others and should therefore be discouraged.

Me saying this has nothing to do with me telling you how to act or how to be tolerant; honestly it is just a debate to me. A fact is that most people who object to being labeled as a bigot, are indeed; a bigot. They don't like being cast in a negative light, much like a homosexual person most likely feels when a bigot starts judging their lifestyle/who they are and attempts to classify them in a negative light.

What goes on consensually behind closed doors with 2 or more consenting adults is actually no ones business but those engaging in said activities. What inherent right do you have to judge another persons lifestyle choices? I am being honest, because I fail to see where you have any said right...

I hope Michael Sam makes other teams regret passing on the SEC defensive player of the year. Wish him success on the field -- unless the Rams are playing the Bills.

It will be a great day when all athletes can live an honest life, and an out player will be just another guy.

Very true. It's rather pathetic that we have to congratulate a man for simply being himself.

got that right !

Yeah ,hope he can tell his grandchildren about it.

These kinds of snarky responses prove why it's a big deal. The idea that someone who is gay can't be a parent or grandparent is beyond stupid. Jackie Robinson was a big deal because people didn't want African Americans in baseball, and Obama was a big deal because we have not had as successful African American President. Michael Sam is a big deal (as was Derrick Gordon) because of the stereotypes we as a society often place upon homosexuals.

Again, it's as if people on this board have not had a single frank conversation with a homosexual. (Or jeez, just watch Modern Family.) Many would like to have children, and many do. (Many heterosexuals don't have kids, too.) And there are lots of different ways that that can happen. In the words of 'old school' you need to "figure that out!"

I just want to take a minute to say congrats to the other 40 guys drafted in the 7th round that no one gives a damn about.

Well...I do care about two of them...Henderson and Johnson...

But ya...the others...Not so much... B-)