Congrats to Michael Sam

Gugny

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the other 300 guys that made it to the NFL? Not sure why this is a story. There's probably at least 1 gay guy on every nfl roster. Good for Michael Sam to be proud enough to come out and tell everyone and not hide but at the end of the day I don't see why anyone should care

What about the other 300 guys that made it to the NFL? Not sure why this is a story. There's probably at least 1 gay guy on every nfl roster. Good for Michael Sam to be proud enough to come out and tell everyone and not hide but at the end of the day I don't see why anyone should care

I agree, wholeheartedly. I hesitated posting this, for that exact reason. However, I do think it's newsworthy. I long for the day that things like this are not newsworthy, though.

Every young man who was drafted should be proud. Period.

Yeah ,hope he can tell his grandchildren about it.

And I hope he can, too!!!

I agree, wholeheartedly. I hesitated posting this, for that exact reason. However, I do think it's newsworthy. I long for the day that things like this are not newsworthy, though.

Every young man who was drafted should be proud. Period.

And I hope he can, too!!!

No kids coming from his ....lover. Unless you know something I don`t. Oh yeah science. Hmnn ,not the same ,only one true parent,from a sample.

This stupid !@#$ing post should be deleted unless you're making posts for every other player who got drafted. Nobody cares except the people who are using it to out-tolerance their e-rivals. This is the worst type of LAMP.

Yeah I think he would make a good mother. Wait who would be the mother on Mothers day? So much to learn.

It's an accomplishment to get a Visa endorsement, have a terrible combine, and be viewed by most scouts as a "tweener" and garner as much attention as this guy. He wants to be judged by what he does on the field, then how about not signing endorsements until you do something on the field. He's let his sexual preference dominate over any football abilities he may have. Like I said at the beginning, pure publicity stunt by "coming out" to get endorsements. Everyone at Mizzzu knew he was gay, and most NFL scouts likely did as well.

This stupid !@#$ing post should be deleted unless you're making posts for every other player who got drafted. Nobody cares except the people who are using it to out-tolerance their e-rivals. This is the worst type of LAMP.

I just want to take a minute to say congrats to the other 40 guys drafted in the 7th round that no one gives a damn about.

It's an accomplishment to get a Visa endorsement, have a terrible combine, and be viewed by most scouts as a "tweener" and garner as much attention as this guy. He wants to be judged by what he does on the field, then how about not signing endorsements until you do something on the field. He's let his sexual preference dominate over any football abilities he may have. Like I said at the beginning, pure publicity stunt by "coming out" to get endorsements. Everyone at Mizzzu knew he was gay, and most NFL scouts likely did as well.

Bingo

Nobody cares except the people who are using it to out-tolerance their e-rivals. This is the worst type of LAMP.

Bingo. I guess two threads about Sam wasn't enough. Let's see if this thread is closed or merged as has been the strict practice all draft weekend long.

Tolerance much? Or does this somehow bother you on a personal level? If you don't like the topic why (a) read it and (b) go to the trouble of posting on it?

For those talking about his supposed lack of a spot in the NFL talent-wise, time will tell on that, but a guy doesn't get voted SEC defensive player of the year without skills. In fact, I thought I heard someone say yesterday that this was the first time someone who'd won that award was picked after the 2d round, but I admittedly may have misheard.

Edited by MattM

I was happy to see the Rams draft Sam. The guy was a conference defensive player of the year. His tape shows his true ability and, despite a poor combine ( which a number of players that were drafted in the first three rounds had as well), is a player that will add depth to St Louis' d-line and will learn from the excellent Chris Long ( insert your joke here). I cannot, nor can anyone on this board, definitively say that his coming out was a publicity stunt. I can, however, say that it was a big step in promoting tolerance and acceptance in major sports culture, a place where homosexuality has largely been pushed under the rug. We have to recognize that equal rights do not have boundaries. Just one man's opinion...

So everyone is a hater that doesn't approve of his life style? Whatever!

And who are you or anyone to judge his lifestyle? Who gives you or anyone else on here or in this country the right to judge anyone's lifestyle? Being a hater is that type of person; they are generally a$$holes too.

The NFL is about sexual preference or cheering for someone's lifestyle; it is about football. As said about everyone at mizzu did know he was gay and the scouts I am sure knew as well. He came out to diffuse any TMZ style story and he has even said he wants to be judged as a football player; which is what he can rightfully be judged on....

So everyone is a hater that doesn't approve of his life style? Whatever!

Unfortunately, message boards seem to be conduits of hate speech and negativity. For an openly gay player to get drafted into the NFL is most definitely news worthy. Some folks are too homophobic to separate the newsworthiness of the story from their disdain for the lifestyle.

And who are you or anyone to judge his lifestyle? Who gives you or anyone else on here or in this country the right to judge anyone's lifestyle? Being a hater is that type of person; they are generally a$$holes too.

The NFL is about sexual preference or cheering for someone's lifestyle; it is about football. As said about everyone at mizzu did know he was gay and the scouts I am sure knew as well. He came out to diffuse any TMZ style story and he has even said he wants to be judged as a football player; which is what he can rightfully be judged on....

And who are you to tell me to be tolerant of his life style? I'm all for the human race surviving, being gay doesn't allow for that to happen. There is a reason we all have reproductive parts, figure it out!

Edited by old school