Time for Hard Knocks 2014 in Buffalo! [update: Atlanta picked]

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Browns were eligible in the first place, I thought no team with first year HC was allowed ?

They are allowed, but the NFL just can't mandate they do it. There are only 8 teams that can be mandated - those without rookie HCs who have not been in the playoffs in the last 2 years and have not been on HK recently (can't recall # of years). The NFL can ask them and those with 1st year coaches have the option to say no. Edited by YoloinOhio

I think Bills would offer some intrigue (new ownership), but assuming the NFL will need to mandate participation; Giants, Steelers and Bears offer much larger fan bases and qualify for a mandate since none made playoffs in past 2 years and none have new HC's --- I'd say, based on that, Bills would be longshot to get selected.

When do they announce the "winning" team?

Last year it was announced at the beginning of June... so I anticipate we will hear something soon. TC starts early this year too, and the venue and teams will need to be prepared I would think.

Last year it was announced at the beginning of June... so I anticipate we will hear something soon. TC starts early this year too, and the venue and teams will need to be prepared I would think.

We are particularly early too with the HoF game. I mentioned that before and us straying from the normal production schedule may be a knock (despite it being extra material, it's also extra cost, and would change up the progressions they follow episode by episode a little)

I am all for hard knocks. It will give me a chance to keep up with the Bills from here in New Orleans. At the same time I will also get to witness Chris Hogan turning in his playbook. I will feel much more comfortable once I see proof of his release. :)

same here man im right across the lake from ya in hammond.