Time to look at Jermichael Finley

I understand the fact that he hasn't been cleared to play yet but since we were unable to pick a tight end AGAIN, we should bring Finley in for a workout and at least have a look see. We may be able to get him at a minimal one year deal.

I get that we have 5 tight ends on the roster but none of them really bring anything to the table and not all of them are gonna make the team anyway. We need that game breaking player at the position. Finley is that guy. If he could be had on the cheap I say we take a shot

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love him too, but either he won't play as he is too convpcerned with this little thing called "becoming a quad" or he'll demand more money as he is a stud.

In Madden football, I'd love him, but seriously doubt it. If he were going on the cheap, don't you think he would go back to Aaron Rogers and play for one of the best offenses in the NFL in GB?

I would love him too, but either he won't play as he is too convpcerned with this little thing called "becoming a quad" or he'll demand more money as he is a stud.

In Madden football, I'd love him, but seriously doubt it. If he were going on the cheap, don't you think he would go back to Aaron Rogers and play for one of the best offenses in the NFL in GB?

i don't really think he has a choice right now. No one is gonna pay him big money with the position that he is in. the team that does sign him will be to a cheap 1-2 year deal. I think a one year $1-2 million dollar deal would be ideal. The packers don't need him as much as we do anyway

Don't sleep on Moeaki. If he's healthy (and can stay that way) he's a stud. I suspect that's why we didn't go TE this draft.

We didn't go tighe end in the draft because they were all taken before the 3rd rd. Personally I really believe if the Buccs didn't take Seferian Jenkins a few picks before us in the second he was gonna be ours

Edited by Buffwagonscircled

I don't know why teams don't go after a guy like him and sign him to a conditional deal that is a tiered accelerator, rather than just one. You give him a million dollar signing bonus and smallish salary. He gets the next tier for being active X number of games, more for achieving a certain number of starts and/or catches, and a final tier for a very good season, which would trigger a longer very good contract.

I don't think they have a priority on TE. I think we'll see a lot of two RB sets with one RB playing that type of 'role' where they block/catch

I don't know why teams don't go after a guy like him and sign him to a conditional deal that is a tiered accelerator, rather than just one. You give him a million dollar signing bonus and smallish salary. He gets the next tier for being active X number of games, more for achieving a certain number of starts and/or catches, and a final tier for a very good season, which would trigger a longer very good contract.

I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure whatever accelerator you give him has to be accounted for in the cap

Edited by jeremy2020

Don't sleep on Moeaki. If he's healthy (and can stay that way) he's a stud. I suspect that's why we didn't go TE this draft.

I was just about to post that not taking a TE so far must mean they really like what they've got in Moeaki. And I guess they like Chandler and Gragg well enough.

Do not sleep on Kaufman. The commitment to put on the weight and work with EJ could put him right in the mix for tight end... especially with his size, speed, soft hands and route awareness. Just hope he can block a bit. I wouldn't dole out alot for Finley. Big question mark.

Do not sleep on Kaufman. The commitment to put on the weight and work with EJ could put him right in the mix for tight end... especially with his size, speed, soft hands and route awareness. Just hope he can block a bit. I wouldn't dole out alot for Finley. Big question mark.

Never know! He's 6'5" and went from 215 to 245 in the offseason. Presumably muscle weight.

Coincidentally, Jordan Cameron of the Browns is 6'5"/245. Here's to hoping.

Because he was brought in by Seattle and failed his physical and is not cleared to play. Teams are not going to use a roster spot in a guy who can't play football. Once he's medically cleared, if ever, he will get into someone's camp.

• 3 weeks later...

Jermichael Finley has received clearance from his doctor

Packers tight end Jermichael Finley finally has gotten some good news. But it doesn’t mean he’ll soon be joining a new team. Or rejoining his former team, the Packers.

Finley’s agent, Blake Baratz, said on Thursday’s PFT Live that Finley has received clearance from Dr. Joseph Maroon. The Pittsburgh neurosurgeon performed the fusion of the C3-C4 vertebrates in Finley’s spine following a spinal cord contusion suffered during the 2013 season.

As a Packer fan, I would say careful what you wish for. Man I love JMike. I even have his authentic jersey. But he is a guy that never lived up to his potential. He drops tons of passes, and his measurables are sexier than his production. Every year we have been saying, "This is the year he takes over", and it never happens. Do I want him back with the Packers? Of course. Do I want to pay him anything substantial? Hell no. We paid the dude $8 million a year because of the matchup nightmare he was, and never got it back, it was a losing investment for that much money.

I really wish he would hang it up, it just isn't worth it. One bad hit and he could be paralyzed and I know you can say that for any player, but his injury scares me to death. I guess it is his decision. Looks like he has a meeting scheduled with a "mystery team" tomorrow, maybe some will get their wish.

As a Packer fan, I would say careful what you wish for. Man I love JMike. I even have his authentic jersey. But he is a guy that never lived up to his potential. He drops tons of passes, and his measurables are sexier than his production. Every year we have been saying, "This is the year he takes over", and it never happens. Do I want him back with the Packers? Of course. Do I want to pay him anything substantial? Hell no. We paid the dude $8 million a year because of the matchup nightmare he was, and never got it back, it was a losing investment for that much money.

I really wish he would hang it up, it just isn't worth it. One bad hit and he could be paralyzed and I know you can say that for any player, but his injury scares me to death. I guess it is his decision. Looks like he has a meeting scheduled with a "mystery team" tomorrow, maybe some will get their wish.

The injury is scary, indeed. I would hang it up if I were him, but NFL players are different breed. I like Tony Moeaki as an athletic TE prospect and complement to Chandler.

I think the Bills are really counting on Moeaki to step up and be the receiving TE they have been lacking

also agree with another poster that Finley's production never came close to matching his potential as outside of one or two big games a year was average the rest of the time

I think the Bills are really counting on Moeaki to step up and be the receiving TE they have been lacking

also agree with another poster that Finley's production never came close to matching his potential as outside of one or two big games a year was average the rest of the time

I understand the fact that he hasn't been cleared to play yet but since we were unable to pick a tight end AGAIN, we should bring Finley in for a workout and at least have a look see. We may be able to get him at a minimal one year deal.

I get that we have 5 tight ends on the roster but none of them really bring anything to the table and not all of them are gonna make the team anyway. We need that game breaking player at the position. Finley is that guy. If he could be had on the cheap I say we take a shot

No thanks...Even at his best, Finley took a lot of heat in GB for underachieving and much of his success can be attributed to playing with Rogers. He also has pretty poor hands for a TE. Even before his most recent, and extremely serious back issue ( His neck was basically broken, and his spine has been fused just a few months ago)...He was fragile to say the least... I'm very skeptical that he will ever return and be productive.

The Bills are already giving injury riddled Moeaki a shot.

Edited by Turbosrrgood