WR Stevie Johnson traded to San Francisco 49ers

CJ's signed through 2015. But Fred's a FA after the year and I agree likely won't be re-signed unless he has a good year and signs cheap. I guess I could live with giving up a 3rd in 2016 if Stevie does well this coming season.

CJ can opt out after this season and probably will...

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This place is pretty laughable at times, the draft being my favorite time to log on for a quick chuckle.

Best of wishes to Stevie and his family for 7 years of loyalty and the chance to get a ring in SF.

Agreed . That part should be simple !

If we get it together this year, he's going to stay.

I think it depends a lot more on whether he gets it together or not.... $$$$

Chances are he'll be at least a two then. Doubtful that they bring back CJ and Freddy.

I have to believe they will keep Fred ex as long as he can still play.

He's not going to break a big run, but he still:

- moves chains

- finds the end zone

- picks up blitzes as well as any nfl RB

- leads the locker room

- doesn't act like a diva

- probably never price himself out of a job

- is as tough as nails.

There is a lot of tangible and intangible there. He's a real nice security blanket for a young QB.

If He's still the guy you want on the field during the 2 minute drill, like he was last season, I can't see him not hanging onto a spot.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Would you ratherhave:

Watkins

Late 4th round pick in 2015

OR

Stevie Johnson

9th overall pick this year

Top 12 pick in 2015

Early 4th round pick in 2015

Name one GM in the NFL who would make this trade??? (other than Whaley obviously)

Whaley would be fired minutes after the last game if they finished botton third in the league. In Whaley's view it was his only chance for offensive success to get---by any means possible , the next great receiver.

Would you ratherhave:

Watkins

Late 4th round pick in 2015

OR

Stevie Johnson

9th overall pick this year

Top 12 pick in 2015

Early 4th round pick in 2015

Name one GM in the NFL who would make this trade??? (other than Whaley obviously)

Sammy.

SJ was the epitome of the same ole find new way to lose Bills. Let's try something different.

Go BILLS !!

Sammy.

SJ was the epitome of the same ole find new way to lose Bills. Let's try something different.

Go BILLS !!

Sammy Watkins all day.

Players like Watkins don't come around in every draft. On top of that, when they do come around, few teams are in position to be able to select them outright or make a move to get them. It's very hard to find a WR as explosive and athletically gifted as Watkins that can come into the league and be your WR1 from day 1.

The Bills haven't had anyone near his skill level since Moulds and I think Watkins can be much better then Moulds. True #1 WR's are worth there weight in gold; especially in today's league where WR's have such a big advantage over DB's with the ways the rules are called.

I liked Stevie a lot but he is not a #1 WR. That is a known fact. He is being paid close to a #1 WR because this team (and other NFL teams) are so desperate to find these true #1 wideouts. There just wasn't enough passing attempts to go around on this offense with the acquisition of Watkins and Mike Williams. Do you really want to pay your #3 or #4 almost 40 million dollars?? The Bills sure didn't. He also didn't really jibe with the new offensive system so there's also that. I think Whaley did a pretty good job getting a possible 3rd round pick for a kid they spent a 7th round pick on.

If they stayed at 9, they probably would've taken Ebron. No thank you. I don't want to spend a top 10 pick on a kid who only scored 3 TD's his last year in school.

The top 12 pick in 2015 is total guess work. I doubt it will be a top 12 pick and we don't know what it will be. I do know this team has a ton of talent now and should be able to get to 9-7 or 10-6 if Manuel stays healthy. That puts them more in the 18-25 range in a not very deep draft. So many underclassmen declared this year, next years draft will be watered down. I also would much rather give up that 1st next year then having to give up our 2nd and 3rd this year. Keeping that 2nd allowed us to get a 1st round talent at RT in Kouandjio (whom will probably be better then anyone available at their 2015 1st) and Cyril Richardson whom could be our starting RG at some point this season.

I also really don't care about the 4th in 2015. Not going to be a very deep draft and I'm still shocked CLE was willing to take our 2015 picks and let us keep our 2nd and 3rd this year.