NFL.Com is thinking it may be Evans

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Throw a a big long corner on him or a safety over the top and he's done in the NFL.

How many big, long corners who are 6-5,35" arms and 38" vertical, oh and by the way are sub 4.5 guys. They may exist but not many. And BTW, if they have to double him with a safety over the top I would not complain, nor would the other receivers.

Evans has had trouble in press coverage which scares me a little. With that being said he could be a beast in the redzone and has great hands. I too think that Evans will be on the Bills roster at the end of the night (if I had to pick a player). That would be a really good selection IMO, not a home run but a really good selection.

Evans has had trouble in press coverage which scares me a little. With that being said he could be a beast in the redzone and has great hands. I too think that Evans will be on the Bills roster at the end of the night (if I had to pick a player). That would be a really good selection IMO, not a home run but a really good selection.

I love the idea.

As for press coverage, I think it's something that can be taught/improved upon with the coaching he'll get. He probably didn't have to worry about it much operating out of the spread.

And if true, nicely done bandit...a credit you would rightly deserve. :thumbsup: .....just hope the BILLS wouldn't have to leverage the future to get it done, if in fact they make such a move. Because while I'm all about giving EJ another year to prove he IS the Quarterback of the future for the BILLS, in my mind the BILLS cannot afford to give him more than this year. So to me, they need as much fire power for next year's Draft in the event they need to move up for their Franchise QB. This team is nearly poised to really make some playoff push and QB will be the last remaining piece of that puzzle...not to mention the BILLS are just about in the same boat as the Jags when it comes to NEEDING a Brand, a Face of the Franchise, to help energize their fan base and know they've got a good to great signal caller for the next decade.

How many big, long corners who are 6-5,35" arms and 38" vertical, oh and by the way are sub 4.5 guys. They may exist but not many. And BTW, if they have to double him with a safety over the top I would not complain, nor would the other receivers.

This^^^

His physical gifts, coupled with his football ability, make him a very unique talent indeed. I has been commonly expressed, but I think he is very similar to Vincent Jackson. We will see how it pans out on the football field.

"The visit with the Bills was one of the best visits that I had," Evans told intrepid Around The League scribe Marc Sessler on Wednesday. "I'd love to play for them."

Loved this

Let's hope this is smoke and mirrors. The Bills can I'll afford to give up picks.

I agree that I would prefer them not to trade up in general but this is the only player where I would think it is the best move they can make. Whaley has said repeatedly that their goal this year is to make the playoffs and that he feels they don't have any glaring needs. He does not think they are rebuliding and need to stock up on picks. When he traded the 6th rd pick for MW he made the comment that he thought it would have been difficult for a guy we drafted in the 6th to make the team anyway. Whether we all agree with that or not, that is how they are approaching this draft. If that is how you see your team, then you can't be afraid to give up a pick to get a guy you think we will a difference maker and get you over the hump. I think Evans could be a piece of that puzzle as we do not currently have anyone on the roster who can do what he does. He is the kind of WR who can bail out a QB and if the first priority this season is to make the playoffs, then 1B is to make damn sure EJ is the franchise QB. If you give him Evans plus Woods, Williams, SJ, Goodwin and he can't look good, they can't say they didn't surround him with the tools.

This^^^

His physical gifts, coupled with his football ability, make him a very unique talent indeed. I has been commonly expressed, but I think he is very similar to Vincent Jackson. We will see how it pans out on the football field.

We as Bills Fans should be thankful to have a potential talent like this. Glad you understand that as well!

He seems a bit slow to me, but the Bills and EJ could benefit greatly from having a WR with size.

I'm at the point where I don't have any strong opinions on who/what position we should draft. Seems there's pros and cons with everything, and it's all moot if EJ doesn't improve.