Peter King: Bills love the ODB jr.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

with the steelers having guys like mike wallace (obviously no longer, but...), antonio brown, emmanuel sanders, etc... and certain similarities between ben and ej....

i wouldnt be shocked if whaley has no qualms about having a smaller set of wrs. there may be some fundamental philosophical similarities that come out.

Edited by NoSaint

Given the Bills have broad though not desperate needs at any one position if they score an additional second or low third round pick for moving a couple of spots they would be wise to do so. Whaley seems to be a pretty astute trade manager. Time will tell whether this proves to be the case but he has made good moves so far.

Ok folks, how many posts is this now that say the Bills love someone? Watched alot of this kid and he's a game changer. Always schemed for and still killed teams. a top SEC talent if you think that means anything. Both parents were top athletes, mom was a track start and dad was a football player. This draft is going to be one of the best in history with the amount of talent out there.

btw - how long til KM tweets that peter king must have read his mock draft?

4d2e194fe1c3a5b60c5afde7c14a3b5e_normal.jpeg Kevin Massare @KevinMassare · 41m

@WGR550: Bills "love" Beckham Jr., per report http://bit.ly/SwTXUv” - hate to say I told you guys this. I still love OBJ.

Few things are more predictable

http://www.wgr550.co...4669?pid=399558 If the Bills draft him, at least we can refer to him as the ODB. Baby he got yo money (WuTang Forever)

My personal viewpoint on this "leak" the week of the draft (yes, we know they brought him in and like him as a WR but who doesn't? The guy is a stud). But he is a 5'11" stud. I think the Bills are leaking this because if they can trade back and teams think they could take him at 9 they will jump up to get him, He is the #3 WR on most boards and with Wtakins and Evans likely long gone in the top 7, someone may be in love with him enough to trade up to 9 if the they think he'll be gone to Bflo. I don't think Bflo drafts him. JMO. Edited by YoloinOhio

He plays a lot bigger than a lot of receivers that have more size than him. He has serious ups and is talented at high-pointing the ball.

No doubt he is a great prospect. Just can't see the Bills taking him unless they plan on parting ways with Stevie or they've already written off MW. They don't need to use a draft pick on another WR under 6'0 unless he does something the ones we have don't already do (Evans). JMO. Beckham is very similar to Woods. I would be excited about getting a good player if they took him, but would think about who they left on the board at other positions.

i don't know. The Bills seem to be fully stocked with #2 and #3 receivers. Why get another one?

Totally agree. I've been on the Mike Evans bandwagon for a while, but if we can't get Evans, I'd just as soon not draft a WR at all, or wait and see who drops out of the Lattimer/Moncrief/Bryant/etc. group. I just happen to think that Evans is a special talent who also perfectly fits our/EJ's needs. I just don't see any appeal in adding another decent-to-good WR. We already have Stevie (presumably), Mike Williams (for at least a year), Woods (who I don't like nearly as much as most posters, but he doesn't suck), and Goodwin as WRs who can definitely play. Add in the ghost of a chance that Graham does something, plus the 4-5 lottery tickets at the end of the depth chart, and I don't think we gain much by adding a guy like Beckham.

I'd be totally underwhelmed by an OT pick at #9 (especially Lewan or Martin), but if it's between Martin and Beckham, sign me up for Martin.

At some point, the Bills (and their fans) are going to learn that you don't get better by cutting/trading your few good players (i.e., Stevie) and drafting their replacements. You get better by keeping your good players and supplementing them with other good players from the draft.