Howard Milstein interested in the Bills

with tolls or without, the bridge will be a series of bottleneck disasters. One accident (which will be very likely and common) and it will be a calamity. Niagara Falls Blvd, Robert Moses, Pine Ave, etc would be hell to get in and out. Canadians walking across? I could see it maybe when the weather is great... but where are they going to go? Directly into the game? Is the stadium going to be at the foot of the bridge? What about the Winter? Where will they all park on the Canadian side that can handle the volume and is realistic walking distance to customs? Even with zero customs time and parking right at the bridge, its a half hour walk from the car to the Western most edge of Millstein's property. Not to mention the air around his property there is disgusting from all the adjacent chemical plants. Infrastructure, roads, cleanup, demo, etc... god knows what lies beneath the soil there.

By far the cheapest option for the taxpayers and new owner would be building it in an adjacent lot or a full renovation to RWS.

anyways, the Niagara Falls stadium "debate" has been beaten to death. Its an interesting idea, I would be able to see the stadium from around the corner from my house... but you scratch below the surface and it just seems impossible.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's safe to assume we will hear of many more interested buyers as we get closer to nitty gritty time. Most business people prefer to act silently. Pegula, Golisano, Jeremy Gundlach, a member of the Jacobs family, whoever Jim Kelly is teamed with, whoever Thurman Thomas is teamed with, MSLE & Bon Jovi, a member of the Rogers family in Toronto, Milstein, Trump, Oprah, and who knows who else will jump in?

I would still much rather have someone who's heart and soul is invested here... and also I prefer someone who made a predominant amount of money from building one business (as opposed to those who just acquire and sell their whole lives). It just concerns me that at some point, their deeply ingrained disposition of maxing out investments will take over.

The four horsemen of Pegula, Jacobs, Golisano, and Rich are very much preferred by me.

after that we have the "local" interest mogul types who say they would be committed to WNY that make me nervous, but better than group 3 or 4: Gundlach, Millstein, and Trump

Group 3 would be someone completely unattached to WNY and just wants to own an NFL team, who would probably say they would be committed to WNY, at least until the lease expires: TBD

Then the scaries who overtly seek relocation: MLSE, Rogers, any LA interest.

so looking at my "chart", I would say it is a good thing Milstein's hat is in the ring, however, not in my optimal group.

Edited by May Day 10

I would still much rather have someone who's heart and soul is invested here... and also I prefer someone who made a predominant amount of money from building one business (as opposed to those who just acquire and sell their whole lives). It just concerns me that at some point, their deeply ingrained disposition of maxing out investments will take over.

The four horsemen of Pegula, Jacobs, Golisano, and Rich are very much preferred by me.

after that we have the "local" interest mogul types who say they would be committed to WNY that make me nervous, but better than group 3 or 4: Gundlach, Millstein, and Trump

Group 3 would be someone completely unattached to WNY and just wants to own an NFL team, who would probably say they would be committed to WNY, at least until the lease expires: TBD

so looking at my "chart", I would say it is a good thing Milstein's hat is in the ring, however, not in my optimal group.

You make good points. But Gundlach is from B-Lo. How much of a traitor would he be to buy the team and eventually move them? I just don't see anybody signing up for that type of venom. The hate for him would be doubled b/c he, of all potential owners, should know better. And the fact he is in L.A. wouldn't spare him. There are a lot of Bills fans in SoCal. And I think a Bills move would bring out the irrational worst in some.

Honestly, I would be concerned for the safety of any owner who would move the team. I don't think some people get how deep the passion runs for the Bills. As we see on the news, a lot of people have a hard time coping these days and lash out in terrible ways.

Edited by purple haze

I get a little nervous when you read about Magic Johnson interested in buying an NFL team and you see that he and his backers have about 200 billion. Overpaying for the Bills and any fines would be chump change. I think the Raiders will be back in LA before anyone can buy and relocate a team. That is why we have heard little about any LA interest. No stadium, too many what ifs. Looking at May Day 10's tiers, I bet that the bidding won't move outside of tier 1.

WTH is the different between him and Trump? See Trump would want a WINNER as that is his way. He has bid on two NFL teams and didnt' get them. Look all I want from a new owner is WINNING is priority #1. Not pulling a 'Major League' and going cheap ass on the fans because he knows they will flock to the stadium even if they field a crap team.

What IS interesting is his owning 140 acres of under developed land in Niagara. Can you say New stadium location?

Trump may want a winner but there is a chance IMO he would go about it in the same way that Jerry Jones does which is not what I want to see happen

I also very much prefer Pegula, Jacobs, Golisano, and Rich for the reasons that you state. I believe that (1) each would want to keep the Bills in WNY while they owned the team; and (2) each would make sure that the Bills stayed in WNY after they no longer owned the team for whatever reason (so that we would not have some of the same worries that we have now). I also think they would be good owners by and large.

Oprah has interest in a team?

I think maybe both teams.

I can only assume you mean the LA Clippers ;)

She has the money (estimated at $2.9 billion). I doubt she would allow the Bills to suck for another 14 years. So why the hell not? I'm on board :)

I post that map in response to people who think the GI bridges are the only way get to NF. I agree that roads would need improvement. But also keep in mind not everyone would be coming from Buffalo. And the further are from the stadium the more diffuse the traffic becomes.

A proper traffic study is most definitely needed.

Something that has not been mentioned is that Milstein is Thruway Authority chairman perhaps these things are already being looked into ... or have been resolved. Rubber stamp for highway improvements to and from NF, if he wins the bid for the Bills.

I can only assume you mean the LA Clippers ;)

She has the money (estimated at $2.9 billion). I doubt she would allow the Bills to suck for another 14 years. So why the hell not? I'm on board :)

I would hate to have Oprah a part of anything I was a part of; she has shown a history of getting her hands wet then getting out of the pot before they get dirty. The OWN Network, her sat rad station, her magazine... she's a female Donald Trump.

I would hate to have Oprah a part of anything I was a part of; she has shown a history of getting her hands wet then getting out of the pot before they get dirty. The OWN Network, her sat rad station, her magazine... she's a female Donald Trump.

I can't imagine her owning a team but she is a lot more respected than Trump. Trump is more like a Karadasian or Paris Hilton.

I can't imagine her owning a team but she is a lot more respected than Trump. Trump is more like a Karadasian or Paris Hilton.

Is she? Do real people respect Oprah? The only ones I know who respect or care about her are housewives with no intelligence or pathetic celebrities.