Donald Sterling - LA Clippers owner

This is nothing more than a shallow justification of your own desires to infringe on the rights of others. Nothing gives you the right to do so, and nothing you've said makes it logically consistent.

And once again, that's fine, but atleast be honest and admit that you don't believe in rights, but rather privileges.

Can you please post your response in a way that makes it easier to respond, without forcing me to to all the work of cutting and pasting?

Thank you.

Is it your natural right to put a waste disposal dump on your 5 acre homesite in a subdivision?

Why do we vote?

No, zoning laws came about to separate different uses. Don't make schit up.

Neither zoning nor HOA would allow that, but it might be a better location than many they have chosen.

You are the one trying to confuse the issues. Zoning laws normally define the allowable uses of the property and certain standards such as parking spaces per s/f or setbacks. Homeowner Associations place further restrictions on the property, ie. color, s/f, etc.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is nothing more than a shallow justification of your own desires to infringe on the rights of others. Nothing gives you the right to do so, and nothing you've said makes it logically consistent.

And once again, that's fine, but at least be honest and admit that you don't believe in rights, but rather privileges.

Ummm not at all - don't put intent in my words .

What it means is that you can't see the unimpeded actions/rights of an individual may impede on the rights of others......get back to the zoning....if you can do anything on your property - such as open a crematorium and stinking up the neighborhood (actually happened)....that action is the one infringing.....

Who is infringing on who?

You can parse privileges/rights...who cares....society is better off with rules - its just a balance....

Is it your natural right to put a waste disposal dump on your 5 acre homesite in a subdivision?

Were there any private contractual restrictions I agreed to when I made the purchase? If so, then no, however this would not preclude other residents from filing suit against me should they be able to demonstrate tangible damage my property usage has done to them or their property, as this would be a violation of their own property rights, and thus not a just action of the prior property owner.

However, I reject this entire line of reasoning as reducto ad absurdium.

First of all, such a senario is laughably unlikely, as it is not economically viable to puchase a five acre lot in a residential neiborhood, and turn it into a waste disposal dump. The ROI on such a transaction isn't economically viable. Business owners, as a rule, are in business to make money, which is the main reason businesses actually seek to self-zone in absence of zoning laws (see the city of Houston). Self-zoning principles are nothing more than common business sense, noting that opperators are far more likely to seek to do business in areas that will make them the most money.

Why do we vote?

Again, non-sequitor, unless you're arguing for pure democracy, and the tyranny of the majority

No, zoning laws came about to separate different uses. Don't make schit up.

Someone needs to bone up on their history.

Neither zoning nor HOA would allow that, but it might be a better location than many they have chosen.

As I said in the first response of this post, that's incredibly unlikely. Businesses tend to spring up in areas in which their products are in high demand, such as areas that see high foot trafic, or are near end point destination locations; or in the case of waste dumps or sky skrapers, areas where the ROI is beneficial rather than prohibitive.

You are the one trying to confuse the issues. Zoning laws normally define the allowable uses of the property and certain standards such as parking spaces per s/f or setbacks. Homeowner Associations place further restrictions on the property, ie. color, s/f, etc.

Hardly. Just admit that you don't belive in rights, but rather prefer privileges.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Once they violated my right to indulge in hookers and blow everything else just kind of faded into the background.

Stinking Tyranny- first they take the Whores, then the confiscate the Blow- all you're left with is hangover, blue balls and a big tax bill....

shame.

Edited by B-Large

Bill Maher being attacked , from the left, for his 'insensitive' tweet....there will be NO deviating from the narrative Bill

13768_212635287296_62507427296_3140806_4959418_n_normal.jpgBill Maher @billmaher Follow

Sterling def. a racist,but take away his team? Clippers shldn't have played yesterday? Calm down,being an a-hole is still legal in America

4:44 PM - 28 Apr 2014

Don't penalized the players and coaches who have worked all season for a shot- he's correct, being an !@#$ is not against the law.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Why aren’t we also outraged that Donald Sterling was secretly recorded?

This isn’t a defense of Sterling, whom he hopes loses the team, just a plenty-of-blame-to-go-around scolding — and a good one, too. Read it all. He blames Sterling for old-school bigotry, the media for ignoring Sterling’s history of racist behavior until it was served up on a silver platter last weekend, and Sterling’s girlfriend for violating his privacy by recording their conversations.

More racism news

“Daniela Hernandez: who’s that? Why that’s the ever-so-sensitive junior at Dartmouth who shut down a charity event, intended to benefit cardiac patients, because she found the theme of the event—’Phiesta,’ i.e. ‘Fiesta’—offensive.”

Even more offensive is that Dartmouth’s lame, PC administration went along. So, you’re supposed to embrace other cultures, but you can’t use their words because that might be racist or something? I guess the only way to prevent that is to segregate schools by race, ethnicity, and gender so that no one is offended. Progressivism: Back to the future!

Don't penalized the players and coaches who have worked all season for a shot- he's correct, being an !@#$ is not against the law.

Lucky for Maher, too.

That's a statement of self-interest if I've ever heard one.

And non-commital as well.

I think it's pretty consistent with his views. Bill knows first hand what happens when the MSM rakes someone over the coals when an opinion is taken out of context (remember the reaction to his comments re 9/11 -- which were taken out of context and the outrage forced ABC to cancel his show).

And he's right. You can't take away the team simply because of Sterling's opinions, just like you can't hold the players accountable for the actions of their owner.