Donald Sterling - LA Clippers owner

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a private conversation? How did it get out? If they had recording devices in our hockey locker rooms they could record trash like this all day. People want to pretend there isn't racism still, but I see it all the time. And yes, it does go both ways but it's hurt one side a millions times more than the other. Sad

Wow.

Just... Wow. It is all I can really say after listening to this recording. I'm a Laker fan, so I'm clearly biased but... WOW. Talk about a guy who is train wreck. There are so many problems with this story, from his actual comments (which are incredible considering what this man's hobby is), to the fact that his girlfriend was clearly recording their conversation and trying to bait him into answers, to the whopper that it all stemmed from an instagram picture she posted of her and Magic at the game!

Not that she went with Magic to the game, just that she took a picture with the man. And that prompted Sterling to going absolutely bananas. Not sure if Sterling is so upset because it's Magic and the Laker / Clipper rivalry or if he's just lost it completely.

Not that he's ever had it to begin with. The man is a joke of an owner. But how will this play out over the next few days? Magic already tweeted that he'll never go to another Clippers game as well as tweeting out sympathy for Doc Rivers and Chris Paul who "have to play for that man".

http://www.tmz.com/2...-magic-johnson/

What does Clipper Fan have to say about this turn of events. I mean, clearly any Clipper fan paying attention already knew Sterling was a joke -- but this? This is a new low for him.

In his defense, the blacks were better off as slaves...

Of course. Anything is preferable to them appearing in pictures with his lady-friend... or living in his apartments (or slums since he is a slum lord)... or coaching his NBA franchise (read: Elgin Baylor).

Can you imagine the next conversation between Doc Rivers and Sterling??

donald-sterling.jpg

doc-rivers.jpg

Edited by GreggyT

Obama weighs in

President Barack Obama on Sunday described comments reportedly made by the owner of the Los Angeles Clippers "incredibly offensive racist statements," before casting them as part of a continuing legacy of slavery and segregation that Americans must vigilantly fight.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-sterling-even-obama-weighs-in-on-la-clippers-owners-comments/

Cliven Bundy and Jim in Anchorage agree.

Also... I'm confused. We have a black president, I thought that meant racism in America was over?

Odd.

Seriously?

Last week we had the Michigan affirmative action case with Eric Holder's thoughts. This week prominent white guy outted as racist.

Come on conspiracy theorists.

Funny how Obama appoints, retains, & defends the one who is a high ranking government official, but publicly condemns the one who is a private citizen.

Sterling is up for a 2nd very big NAACP award. Just goes to show people really only care about money. How else would he have received an award from NAACP in the first place? Everyone knew before he held these views.

This has crossed the line though. The other owners will have to force him to sell, or force him into Steinbrenner land, you can write the checks but we never want to see or hear from you.

Am I the only one that finds this predictably overblown? All I heard was an 80 year old Jewish guy saying he doesn't want his mistress publicly associating with black folks.

I realize that's not cool, but is it really the great outrage it's being played up as?

Am I the only one that finds this predictably overblown? All I heard was an 80 year old Jewish guy saying he doesn't want his mistress publicly associating with black folks.

I realize that's not cool, but is it really the great outrage it's being played up as?

Its newsworthy but only in a tabloid, "lets watch this rich guy implode", ooohhh the humanity type way. The dude is a scumbag who just crippled his ability to field a competitive team.

Its newsworthy but only in a tabloid, "lets watch this rich guy implode", ooohhh the humanity type way. The dude is a scumbag who just crippled his ability to field a competitive team.

I don't know, if a guy gets offered twice as much to play on the Clippers, you think he is saying no to the extra 4 million or whatever it is? I doubt it.