Please sign Richie Incognito

I bet he ends up in Atlanta. If the falcons don't get major offensive line help in the draft, I bet they take a flyer on Ritchie. They are a soft team and since they let Harvey Dahl go on the O Line they have been very soft. They need a Conrad Dobler type of player and R. I . is the closest thing and will toughen up the O Line. The bills invested a lot of money in Chris Williams I don't know if he will be any good, but I don't think they will look at R.I.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"This retarded crap may be acceptable elsewhere, but it is completely unacceptable here"

What should be unacceptable is using the phrase "retarded crap" when trying to refute another argument. It tells me all I know I need to know about the person making the argument. it is kind of ironic that the same person trying to justify Richie Incognito's behavior would decide that phrase is acceptable justification for his argument.

Yeah? And being unable to win on the content, thus, running to the process, tells me all I need to know about your capabilities:

Unable to win on the content.

Show me where I justified Incognito's behavior. (You are unable)

Show me where I said anything about it at all, other than: the "click-rate" media has made a lot of unsupported charges, and has backed up none. (You are unable)

Show me where I said I wanted the guy on the team. (You are unable)

Show me where I based my reason for not wanting the guy on the team on anything other than football (You are unable)

You can't win on the content. So, all that is left is the process. How typical.

EDIT: And rookie? Look up the word "Retatta". Check the entymology. :lol: Then get back to me. You don't even know what you don't know about this board. Move on. Or, admit that the only reason you are saying anything at all, is that you don't like it when somebody stands up against the "cry racist" people.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Its a young locker room, you want a guy with an issue like that in it? Especially with how public it was made? The media would be all over it, does his talent make it worth it? Pretty sure no. They have taken on guys with baggage, but it was under the radar, nothing to lose type

Spikes is just a trash talker.

Kiko's legal issues were nothing too bad.

Rogers could have been, and was, cut at no expense to the team.

Incognito is a much different situation.

Yeah? And being unable to win on the content, thus, running to the process, tells me all I need to know about your capabilities:

Show me where I said anything about it at all, other than: the "click-rate" media has made a lot of unsupported charges, and has backed up none. (You are unable)

Show me where I based my reason for not wanting the guy on the team on anything other than football (You are unable)

EDIT: And rookie? Look up the word "Retatta". Check the entymology. :lol: Then get back to me. You don't even know what you don't know about this board. Move on. Or, admit that the only reason you are saying anything at all, is that you don't like it when somebody stands up against the "cry racist" people.

Wow! An amazing rant.

Rookie?????? I have been a Bills fan for 54 years. I have been on this board since the days of Prodigy and Bob Lamb. Because I don't post every other hour does not make me a rookie.

I simply object to your repeated use of retarded in various contexts to demean arguments.

Join the debate club.

A few notes:

1) He didn't "try to win on content"; he was taking exception to your calling people retarded for having an opinion you didn't agree with

2) You did say that there's no way Richie's behavior could've been racist...I'm sure you can see why someone may read that as justifying his behavior

3) You are kind of being overly harsh to this poster

Yeah, I directly quoted you, in order. I read and understood exactly what you said. Let me save you the trouble: I always read exactly what people say, and routinely bust stupidity, as I am doing here. Ask anyone here, I have a long history of doing so. Perhaps it is you who hasn't understood what you wrote? Read it again.

How about we start with you explaining exactly WTF a "poster boy for a racist locker room", in today's NFL, is? Explain how that isn't patently retarded.

I'll be here all afternoon. Take all the time you need.

I will try to speak more slowly. That phrase refers to the fact that Incognito was accused of using, among other means, racist language aimed at Martin in what Martin said was a pattern of bullying behavior. If you recall any of the backlash over this you will recall much discussion in the media and among players of whether racism is or is not still a problem. Other players accused Incognito of this as well, others defended him. I am not suggesting a conclusion either way. As my response to another poster went to try and explain, whether he is racist is completely besides the point now. There is a perception that he is, and any team that hired him would certainly be accused of at least accepting if not fostering an environment where that is OK.

I cannot explain it any more simply than that. If you still do not understand it, I can't help you.

So what? I've been a fan my whole life as well.

That's what we do here. In fact, that's precisely what we do here: we do NOT use the word retarded all the time. Only for things that are deserving. If we used it all the time, it would lose its meaning. Hmm. What else works like that? .........

I know! Using the word "racist"! That's right, when we use the word racist as causally as has been done in this thread, it loses it's real meaning as well.

What a coincidence!

(Hehehehe....for the rest of you? This poor guy has no idea, does he? :lol:)

How should we describe "a poster boy for racists locker rooms", given the reality of NFL locker rooms today, other than: patently retarded.

Patently absurd? Patently Stupid? Patently Ignorant? Patently Moronic? Patently Immoral?

Nah. None of them have the same ring as Patently Retarded, so, that's the way it stays.

It is too bad the Bills have not made the playoffs during your life.

I think Richie is enjoying whatever he has going on for him...and Buffalo, NY is probably the last thing from his mind.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/richie-incognito-is-hanging-out-poolside/

*However, I do agree...we have no weak pu**ies in the locker room like Jonathan Martin, and guys like Eric Wood would keep him flying straight. Between Incognito, Wood and Urbik...that is one nasty interior for your offensive line.

(I wouldn't mind picking up Eric Winston, seeing if he could step in at right tackle too.)

Edited by Bob Malooga

Its a young locker room, you want a guy with an issue like that in it? Especially with how public it was made? The media would be all over it, does his talent make it worth it? Pretty sure no. They have taken on guys with baggage, but it was under the radar, nothing to lose type

Spikes is just a trash talker.

Kiko's legal issues were nothing too bad.

Rogers could have been, and was, cut at no expense to the team.

Incognito is a much different situation.

Exactly. Big difference between being a trash talker and toxic, which is what RI is at this point in time. He needs to find a veteran team with well-established leadership that can tolerate his baggage. Bills are just not a good fit and wouldn't be if RI was the second coming of John Hannah.

GO BILLS!!!

That's where you're wrong though OC. It's not a false charge and there is no absolute answer to that question. Some perceive his comments and actions to be racist and bullying while others do not. He's not being "charged" with anything, whatever the heck that is supposed to mean. In this case, perception is reality. There's nothing really to prove. What's really sad in this case is that you try to make racism and being retarded the same or similar thing. The former is a learned or developed behavior while the latter is a developmental disability. I don't think anyone (other than an idiot) would consider racism a disability. At a minimum it makes you hypocritical to use inflated negative descriptions without "proving" that it's true. To your own point, you owe Yoho an apology. LOL.

I think Richie is enjoying whatever he has going on for him...and Buffalo, NY is probably the last thing from his mind.

http://ftw.usatoday....g-out-poolside/

*However, I do agree...we have no weak pu**ies in the locker room like Jonathan Martin, and guys like Eric Wood would keep him flying straight. Between Incognito, Wood and Urbik...that is one nasty interior for your offensive line.

(I wouldn't mind picking up Eric Winston, seeing if he could step in at right tackle too.)

He's a slob. But at least he has super sweer original tattoos.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

I didn't realize Richie Incognito was such a polarizing figure around here :lol:

Some people need to settle down and remember that this is an internet message board...not a street quarrel. It's much easier to sling insults and offensive words than to eloquently convey your opinion with class and respect. Grow up.

I didn't realize Richie Incognito was such a polarizing figure around here :lol:

Some people need to settle down and remember that this is an internet message board...not a street quarrel. It's much easier to sling insults and offensive words than to eloquently convey your opinion with class and respect. Grow up.

Well said. some act like he is John Hannah when he is maybe a slightly above average G.

Marrone said that he billieves in giving guys second chances. Richie is an !@#$, but we can be OUR !@#$! He is a hell of a guard (one of our biggest needs), i don't care how ****ty of a person he is, if he can contribute to our football that's all that matters. You want to have more primetime games, sign his dude give EJ some protection and win some !@#$ing games. I don't care about high character guys, I want mean !@#$ing dudes looking to tear some bitches heads off.

GO AWAY!

OC is quite devious, as his long-winded posts always have little traps that he lays out in advance. He waits for someone to point one out and make an incorrect assumption and then he beats them down.

It's partly funny, partly horrifying.

The only way this analogy makes any sense is if the poster sent pictures of naked children to another but claimed it was all in the name of locker room shenanigans. There is no doubt that Incognito sent texts and phone messages with derogatory racial terms but explained it as part of the locker room culture. Whether it is racist or not is a matter of interpretation but it is not like there is not at least a partially smoking gun.

Edited by Yoho