Would You Make This Trade ?

Owen

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Better question is: Why would Cleveland trade for that contract when a better WR is available for less than 1/2 price?

OK, the cost to Cleveland would be $3.65 million. The Bills already paid the additional $1.75 million roster bonus back in March. For 2015, he's due $5.5 million plus a $250K roster bonus. Not sure you would find a 1,000 yard receiver for $1.8 million and $2.75 million in 2015.

OK, the cost to Cleveland would be $3.65 million. The Bills already paid the additional $1.75 million roster bonus back in March. For 2015, he's due $5.5 million plus a $250K roster bonus. Not sure you would find a 1,000 yard receiver for $1.8 million and $2.75 million in 2015.

Every receiver picked in the draft will be as good as Stevie because they were good in college. He's easily replaceable. Fact. :)

In the last twenty years, only six rookie wide receivers have topped 1000 yards, The odds are next to impossible for any rookie wide receiver to be an upgrade over Stevie. You Stevie haters can hate all you want, but facts is facts. Sure maybe by year three it could be an upgrade, but I kind of like to live in the now.

Exactly.

Rookie WR's will struggle more times then not.

I am too lazy to look up who those six were. But i gotta guess they were 'can not miss' guys coming out of college?

The Browns would murder us on that trade. They would possibly have the best receiving core in the NFL and Gordon is the perfect compliment to SJ. I'd never do that trade.

You make a trade based on how if affects your team, not the other team...

Stevie Johnson would an awesome fit on our offense and make more impact than a rookie.And we have picks to give up; I hate Greg Little !!!

Haha! I agree, which is one reason why despite it's unlikelihood, it does make "some" sense for the Browns...and I'm sure somewhere Greg Little is a bit despondent regarding your lack of approval :w00t:

In the last twenty years, only six rookie wide receivers have topped 1000 yards, The odds are next to impossible for any rookie wide receiver to be an upgrade over Stevie. You Stevie haters can hate all you want, but facts is facts. Sure maybe by year three it could be an upgrade, but I kind of like to live in the now.

OTOH, I'd say that it's quite likely that after a season or two one of the top WRs in this Draft would be an upgrade over Stevie.

Stevie is a low end starting WR. He's more of a slot WR than he is a big-play WR. He'll never post much more than the 1,000 yards than he's barely eclipsed in three of the last four seasons.

Last season he was outperformed by a rookie WR.

His 12.7 ypr is tremendously mediocre as well.

For every great play he seems to make two stupid mistakes or some on-field lapse in reason that costs his team just as much going the other way.

Going from 9th to 4th would take at least the Bills 2014 first rounder, 2014 second rounder and possibly Stevie Johnson.

Picking in the top 5 is costly.

By just jumping 5 spots to 4th it would cost a lot.

I think you are severely overestimating the value of the 4th compared to the 9th overall pick.

OTOH, I'd say that it's quite likely that after a season or two one of the top WRs in this Draft would be an upgrade over Stevie.

Stevie is a low end starting WR. He's more of a slot WR than he is a big-play WR. He'll never post much more than the 1,000 yards than he's barely eclipsed in three of the last four seasons.

Last season he was outperformed by a rookie WR.

His 12.7 ypr is tremendously mediocre as well.

For every great play he seems to make two stupid mistakes or some on-field lapse in reason that costs his team just as much going the other way.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WoodRo02.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnSt00.htm

Lies.

I love when people put down SJ for his mistakes, yet ignore Woods punching a guy with a helmet on and getting kicked out of a game when the Bills were short handed at wr. I love Woods but settle down.

Stevie would fit on a team with a guy like Josh Gordon, or even with the Houston Texans.

I could see Stevie being traded to the Texans, along with another pick, to perhaps have the Bills take the number 1 pick in the 2nd round if they liked someone.

Edited by Security

If all highly touted WR prospects translated to 1000yd pro receivers, then there should never be a Stevie Johnson in the pro's. its a difficult position to learn....the guy gets open....I think I like him more than whats behind door #3....I think we would take Mack up that high anyway.

He obviously means 4th overall, not 4th round. Why must people correct everyone on every little mistake. Do you think you are proving you are smarter than the OP or are somehow being clever? It's so played out man.

To answer your question, no. The only instance that I would consider it is if Watkins were available and they felt he was a considerable upgrade from Stevie. Also, I don't think I'd want to "throw in" a 7th rounder on top of a very solid WR and the 9th.

Personally, I like Stevie and I never like trading a known commodity for unknown ones. We could always try to get another WR at 9 or in the second. If we do, and we like him after workouts and camps we could always trade Stevie for pick(s) in next years draft. There will be teams that wanted a top end receiver that didn't get one and there are always injuries in the season / training camps.

Thank you, this needed to be said, let's all follow this advise.

Cleveland and Buffalo Make a Trade.....

Cleveland receives Buffalos 1st pick, (ninth over all) and Buffalos 7th round pick along with a trade of WR Stevie Johnson

for Cleveland's 4th round pick .... Advantages for Cleveland...they receive a good WR in Johnson who the coach knows well. They get the Bills 9th overall pick which allows them to pick the QB of their choice at a much lower price as compared to 4th pick and they receive a 7th round extra pick... Sounds like a good deal for Cleveland..

Buffalo now can select WR Watkins or Evans and they might consider OT Robinson or LB Mack..We as fans do not know their thinking.

All the players mentioned would look good in a Bills Uniform... Trade would be made when Cleveland is on the clock..

Great, I'd throw in Manny Lawson to sweeten the pot.

Every receiver picked in the draft will be as good as Stevie because they were good in college. He's easily replaceable. Fact. :)

Look your act is getting a little old. I mean I appreciate the fact that you support our players but do you even follow college football. Ask all 32 GMs in the league who they would rather have Sammie Watkins or Stevie Johnson & I bet my mortgage all 32 GMs in the league would say they would rather have Watkins. Just like I am pretty sure that 85% of the GMS would say they would rather have manziel/Bortles/Bridgewater then EJ.

Yup. Dumping Stevie and drafting a WR at #9 = no net benefit in 2014 from the 2014 first round pick.

That said, I'd still do the trade just for the benefit of picking at #4 instead of #9.

Look your act is getting a little old. I mean I appreciate the fact that you support our players but do you even follow college football. Ask all 32 GMs in the league who they would rather have Sammie Watkins or Stevie Johnson & I bet my mortgage all 32 GMs in the league would say they would rather have Watkins. Just like I am pretty sure that 85% of the GMS would say they would rather have manziel/Bortles/Bridgewater then EJ.

Oh, it's my act, huh? I'm sorry I don't agree with your opinion but maybe your opinion is wrong. Watkins could be a stud. He also could be Peter Warrick. He was can't miss. And personally, I don't give a crap what anyone says. See my positions on Jimmy Clausen and Blaine Gabbert. But they were drafted high in the draft so they must be good. Stop acting like people's opinions are gospel. Keep reading Mel Kiper to help you form your opinion.

Oh, it's my act, huh? I'm sorry I don't agree with your opinion but maybe your opinion is wrong. Watkins could be a stud. He also could be Peter Warrick. He was can't miss. And personally, I don't give a crap what anyone says. See my positions on Jimmy Clausen and Blaine Gabbert. But they were drafted high in the draft so they must be good. Stop acting like people's opinions are gospel. Keep reading Mel Kiper to help you form your opinion.

No he could be a bust but ask any GM who they would rather have right now & they would all say Sammie Watkins. As far as Gabbert or Clausen, I was never high on either one of them especially gabbert, he was in a system that greatly enhanced the chances of pumping up the QB's #s yet I think he still only threw 17td passes his last year at Mizzou. That told me all I needed to know about him. Chase Daniels the year before playing in the same system threw over 40 tds.