Bon Jovi: 1 Billion

its a football team, not a sick relative..... im pretty sure a large cross section of the buffalo area fans would check out quickly.

maybe so. Or maybe people will get what they can while they can. Just saying.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Help me get this straight....Delaware North president can't buy the Bills because he'd have to sell the Boston Bruins. Then how can JBJ and the Toronto Maple Leafs group buy the Bills. Unless they plan on breaking the lease by buying out the $400 million penalty, wouldn't this be against the NFL ownership bylaws?

The team is only worth $900M. JBJ will have to toss in another $400MM to move it anytime soon. By then we can have him buried next to Hoffa. He shoulda been a Giants fan.

Pretty sure he is a Giants fan. I saw somewhere were Jan Jan Bovi said "wide right" was his all time favorite sports moment. He also has been accused of disliking puppies.

Help me get this straight....Delaware North president can't buy the Bills because he'd have to sell the Boston Bruins. Then how can JBJ and the Toronto Maple Leafs group buy the Bills. Unless they plan on breaking the lease by buying out the $400 million penalty, wouldn't this be against the NFL ownership bylaws?

Technically, yes, because they would own professional sports franchises in different cities. I'm not sure if proximity comes into play here.

And has been reported previously, that $400m may just be the tip of the iceberg when protracted lawsuits and relocation fees are factored in.

GO BILLS!!!

If you've ever gone to a sabres/leafs game, you would think Buffalo is the Toronto market.

No offense to the OP but it's all rumor. Not that your contacts would lie or are lying but for all you know he could be speculating based on all the JBJ reports he hears in the news every 5 minutes. For christs sake, it's scrolling across the ticker on Madden. Tell me that doesn't annoy me every time I play a game.

Either way, it's also not exactly the right time to be making and/or accepting bids. Things aren't working that fast. Another reason why I think it's BS.

Another thing is, if they have already announced their bid an it's $1B then I'm even more confident that the team isn't going anywhere. There are plenty of WNY players or others like Trump that will see to it that $1B isn't the final price for the team.

They aren't going anywhere.

^^ All of this.

It's been reported that the estate is currently interviewing investment firms that specialize in estimating the value of large estates. Since the valuation process is likely in its infancy stages, the OP's report is likely inaccurate. Either that, or it shows that Bon Jovi's group is neither tactically astute nor discreet.

Or, maybe they have a different strategy in mind. Once JBJ put out the word that he's "passionate" about owning a team, his group has no other choice, for credibility reasons, but to bid on every team that comes up for sale, even if they don't think they'll win. They may be bidding on the Bills all the while knowing they're unlikely to succeed, if for no other reason than to establish and build up the necessary credibility to win the bidding on the NEXT team that comes up for sale.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

I'm sure people won't believe me, but here goes.

Being from New Jersey, I have a good friend who works in the music industry. It just so happens his boss is a good friend of Bon Jovi's. Long story short, he called me yesterday to tell me he heard from his boss Bon Jovi and his Toronto backers have put their bid in for the Bills and it's for 1 Billion.

Now I know no one on this forum has any reason to believe me, and I don't expect you to. However, I have no reason not to believe my friend, as his connection to Bon Jovi is real and something I've joked with him for years (I hate his music). I rarely post on here and have no reason to make this up. Anyway, like I said believe it if you want.

My real question to everyone is this though, assuming this is true. Do you think 1 Billion is enough to get the Bills? Is this a nail in the coffin, or is 1 Billion not enough. Thoughts?

The Bills have to accept it and owners approve before it can happen.

It would be against the bylaws if it already wasn't against the bylaws.

What I mean by that is MLSE, the owner of the Raptors, Leafs, Jays, and Marlies, cannot own the Bills as the NFL doesn't allow corporations to own teams. The rumors have executives who are employed by MLSE as investors with Bon Jovi, but not MLSE itself. The Rogers family (of Rogers Sportsnet) are also rumored to be involved.

If Jeremy Jacobs Sr sold the Bruins to his company, Delaware North, then he could potentially buy the Bills. Most don't think that will happen and that, if the Jacobs family does make a play on the Bills, it will be Jeremy Jr owning the team.

Edited by Campy

I don't blame anyone for being skeptical with my source. It is a game of telephone. Regardless, I don't think its that far fetched for JBJ to start giving numbers to people involved in the process. I'm sure those conversations are happen regardless of where the trust is with valuing the estates. Maybe its not a formal bid, but I'm sure its a number they're going with for now.

It's obvious JBJ really wants this team, but hopefully someone wants them more who will keep them in Buffalo. I personally think 1 Billion is low, this is an NFL team. How many enterprises are there that are guaranteed to make money and increase in value the way an NFL team is? What was it, two years ago the Dodgers sold for 2 Billion!? That's insane, way more then their "value" I'm sure. How often does 100% ownership of an NFL team go for sale? Just that alone probably allows them to sell it a premium.

That's a good point. But maybe if they announce their intentions to move the team to Toronto in X years that's OK?

I don't blame anyone for being skeptical with my source. It is a game of telephone. Regardless, I don't think its that far fetched for JBJ to start giving numbers to people involved in the process. I'm sure those conversations are happen regardless of where the trust is with valuing the estates. Maybe its not a formal bid, but I'm sure its a number they're going with for now.

It's obvious JBJ really wants this team, but hopefully someone wants them more who will keep them in Buffalo. I personally think 1 Billion is low, this is an NFL team. How many enterprises are there that are guaranteed to make money and increase in value the way an NFL team is? What was it, two years ago the Dodgers sold for 2 Billion!? That's insane, way more then their "value" I'm sure. How often does 100% ownership of an NFL team go for sale? Just that alone probably allows them to sell it a premium.

i respect this post. But I completely disagree with this comment. "How many enterprises are there that are guaranteed to make money and increase in value the way an NFL team is?" Technically you are correct but that's only for people that aren't already $1Billion+ invested. I don't care what team it is. Your not going to make back $1Billion in your lifetime from owning an NFL team. The owners now do it because they either bought in before these Billion dollar franchises came about, or because they are a fan of always wanting a team and money is no object to them.

The team is only worth $900M. JBJ will have to toss in another $400MM to move it anytime soon. By then we can have him buried next to Hoffa. He shoulda been a Giants fan.

People that I take serious told me very seriously that if a person seriously wants to move the bills that something serious would obviously happen.