Favorite band?

Rolling Stones...haven't had a great record in almost 35 years (unless you include the recently released outtakes from "Exile On Main Street" and "Some Girls"), but they earned a lot of leeway, from me at least, for the stuff they did their first 15 years...Stones 1968-1973 are near perfection.

hard to pick just one. i listen to a lot of different genres of music, so i'll name one from each

hard rock - Muse

alt-rock - Jane's Addiction

heavy metal - Megadeth

punk rock - Dead Kennedys

dub - deadmau5

hip-hop - Paul Wall :lol:

lately i've been listening to a lot of Depeche Mode for some reason.

I’ll probably never get as much enjoyment from a band as I did when I was young with Led Zeppelin, the Stones and Beatles when I was first discovering all those great songs and albums.

But in my later indie band phase, I’ve had a lot of fun with Pavement, Dinosaur Jr., Butthole Surfers, Flaming Lips, Silver Jews, Sonic Youth, Guided by Voices, Built to Spill, early Modest Mouse, Meat Puppets.

Really hard to pick just one band. My music taste changes from season to season, year to year.

Dispatch, John Butler Trio, Dave Matthews Band are three of my favorites.

If you have some time, check out this finale to JBT's performance in Japan. I promise it's worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_jQ1Uqf-oU

I’ll probably never get as much enjoyment from a band as I did when I was young with Led Zeppelin, the Stones and Beatles when I was first discovering all those great songs and albums.

But in my later indie band phase, I’ve had a lot of fun with Pavement, Dinosaur Jr., Butthole Surfers, Flaming Lips, Silver Jews, Sonic Youth, Guided by Voices, Built to Spill, early Modest Mouse, Meat Puppets.

Good News for People Who Love Bad News was one of my favorite albums. I've probably listened to it 20+ times.

Edited by Wooderson

The only band that has me waiting, ready to buy anything new they put out the second it's available, is RUSH. The band that's been playing almost non-stop in my car since being turned onto them, is Karnivool.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

I've been big on Led Zeppelin since I was a kid. Just within the last few years I've discovered their live shows (audio and video, via torrents; thanks Mr. Info!) that renewed my passion for the band and has me looking forward to the remastered sets coming out in June, which feature some unreleased live shows (10/10/69 from the Olympia in Paris).

Since many people have heard Led Zeppelin's studio music I recommend seeking out some of their live material. "How the West Was Won" is a perfect example of Zep caught live on a great night.