Favorite band?

I dont have a favorite band.... but some of my favorite bands in different genres (feel free to flame away) would be like blink182 dude ranch. Red hot chili peppers. Matchbox20. Eminem and dr dre around the time of dre2001. Garth brooks. Ac-Dc. Bush. Beastie boys.

Im drunk thats all I can think of.

I dont have a favorite band.... but some of my favorite bands in different genres (feel free to flame away) would be like blink182 dude ranch. Red hot chili peppers. Matchbox20. Eminem and dr dre around the time of dre2001. Garth brooks. Ac-Dc. Bush. Beastie boys.

Im drunk thats all I can think of.

Nothing wrong with a little blink182, chili peppers, or eminem.

If you are asking for the flame, here it is light that flame with matchbox20.

Brutal stuff IMO, Santana sure lit the guitar up in that "smooth" song though. Gotta give your man a little respect for that collaboration.

I gave this band many tries but I can't connect with it.

That's fair. At least you didn't just say, "Pink Floyd sucks," or anything like that.

I'm interested to know if you like any bands with guitar players similar to David Gilmour. His guitar playing was what originally drew me to the band - that's why I ask.

That's fair. At least you didn't just say, "Pink Floyd sucks," or anything like that.

I'm interested to know if you like any bands with guitar players similar to David Gilmour. His guitar playing was what originally drew me to the band - that's why I ask.

No music sucks, when I was younger I was more abrasive about this stuff but now I understand there's a song or a style for everyone in this world.

No music sucks, when I was younger I was more abrasive about this stuff but now I understand there's a song or a style for everyone in this world.

Agreed ... so are you more of a Kirk Hammett guitar style guy, or a Claption, Hendrix, SRV style guy?

Agreed ... so are you more of a Kirk Hammett guitar style guy, or a Claption, Hendrix, SRV style guy?

Hammett solos are awesome and the guy is a great technician but every time I watch him in interviews he doesn't sound passionate about what he does, I view him as the kind of perfectionist that can't enjoy his talent/music.

Clapton is a guy that seems to understand music, not my cup of tea but one can't deny his ability. Hendrix is pure passion and he was a natural, I have this preconception that lefties are just talented people.

Overall my favorite guitar players are in no particular order

Jimmy Page

Tommy Iommi

Mark Knopfler

Ritchie Blackmore

Kirk Hammett

I also like Billy Corgan, I think he's an underrated guitar player.

This week it's Elbow. The new album is excellent.

Another recent obsession has been Hem.

Otherwise, going by the bands whose entire catalogs I own, would be Roger Hodgson (Supertramp), Joe Jackson, 10,000 Maniacs and Natalie Merchant, Steely Dan, David Byrne, and The Clarks.