Mettenberger?

Late last year he was considered a late 1st, early 2nd round guy. He completed 65% of his passes with 22TDs & 8 INTs in the SEC. He has a huge arm and played in a pro style offense. He is up to 97% after his injury according to this: http://nfl.si.com/20...2014-nfl-draft/ ....the way that it looks like the draft may shake out there will be a few guys late 1 (teams trading up) to early 2. I think that his talent will have him off the board in the group with McCarron & Garoppolo.

I remember at one point during the season, one of the CFB analysts said ZM was the most NFL-ready QB he had seen. That was pre-injury. I think he will go in the 2nd.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of players go to LSU, not just Mettenburger

I was just passing along what James Walker said because it surprised me. I am a little indifferent on Mettenberger as a prospect but thought that it was interesting that the Bills were looking at a QB that will probably be gone by their 3rd round pick.

I remember at one point during the season, one of the CFB analysts said ZM was the most NFL-ready QB he had seen. That was pre-injury. I think he will go in the 2nd.

I think that he goes in the 2nd as well.

I was just passing along what James Walker said because it surprised me. I am a little indifferent on Mettenberger as a prospect but thought that it was interesting that the Bills were looking at a QB that will probably be gone by their 3rd round pick.

I think that he goes in the 2nd as well.

I think he lasts until day 3.

I think he lasts until day 3.

Just out of curiosity what is the order that you see the QBs coming off the board and how many in the 1st 2 rounds?

I have it:

1st - Manziel

1st - Bortles

1st - Bridgewater

2nd - Carr

2nd - Mettenberger

2nd - Garropolo

2nd - McCarron

Something like that and I think that the 7 teams that will take these guys are (Houston, Minnesota, Cleveland, Oakland, Jacksonville, Arizona and Tampa). I could also see New England, Denver or St. Louis grabbing one

I think overall this is a weak QB class. As was last year. I don't like Mettenberger's sexual battery charge/conviction.

If we're going to wait until the 4th round or later I like Murray if he's available there.

If you believe Walker.

What I know is that the Bills attended LSU's pro day. Did they watch Mettenberger? Of course they did, how else could they see how Beckham (visiting OBD today BTW) was doing? I really think that Walker was grasping at straws.

Ive taken a decent look at QBs, came away pretty impressed by both Garropolo & Mettenberger, Garropolo throws a real nice deep ball and has one of the better releases I have seen. Mettenberger needs work on his footwork but took a huge step forward this season, has an absolute laser for an arm, and time and time again this past season thread balls over the middle that had no business making it there. He's very statuesque in the pocket but he could be a great player.

Edited by Billshank Redemption

Just out of curiosity what is the order that you see the QBs coming off the board and how many in the 1st 2 rounds?

I have it:

1st - Manziel

1st - Bortles

1st - Bridgewater

2nd - Carr

2nd - Mettenberger

2nd - Garropolo

2nd - McCarron

Something like that and I think that the 7 teams that will take these guys are (Houston, Minnesota, Cleveland, Oakland, Jacksonville, Arizona and Tampa). I could also see New England, Denver or St. Louis grabbing one

i generally agree with your list, except for Mettenberger. I can't think of any others who will go in the first two rounds. I think Murray will go before Mettenberger. Possibly Boyd, as well.

i generally agree with your list, except for Mettenberger. I can't think of any others who will go in the first two rounds. I think Murray will go before Mettenberger. Possibly Boyd, as well.

I'm a huge fan of Murray. That guy is tough as nails and has a great resume. Personally, I would rather Murray than Mettenberger but some personnel guy will fall in with Mettenberger's big arm and pro style experience. He is a rich man's Mike Glennon (with slightly more athleticism).

I have it:

1st - Manziel

1st - Bortles

1st - Bridgewater

2nd - Carr

2nd - Mettenberger

2nd - Garropolo

2nd - McCarron

maybe drop Mettenberger down one slot and have he and mccarren in the late 2 early 3 range?

I'm a huge fan of Murray. That guy is tough as nails and has a great resume. Personally, I would rather Murray than Mettenberger but some personnel guy will fall in with Mettenberger's big arm and pro style experience. He is a rich man's Mike Glennon (with slightly more athleticism).

i just can't erase the memory of how terrible Mettenberger was before this year--kind of like how I could not get out of my mind how awful EJ was in that game against Florida his senior year.

I'm sorry but this was terribly last reporting. there are a buch of players at the LSU pro day. the WRs also jeramy hill. a few defensive players and what not. are the packers looking at ZM? I'm not saying EJ is rodgers but its sensationalizing reporting that is a plea to attract reads/buzz.

im alos a big fan of murray. think he's the kinda backup/fill in starter that would be awesome. he might be able to become a legit starter too.

The rumors about them trying to move up following Manziel's pro day and now this just have me wondering. I think that they will be very careful about what they say publicly in case they don't get a guy that they love this year. They don't want to have EJ looking over his shoulder. The Bills are certainly throwing their support behind him in the media but I wonder what's going on behind closed doors.

Good points. Although, if I'm the Bills FO, and I'm not sold on EJ, I would prefer a vet backup (even Freeman) over another rookie QB. Unless of course they can land Manzel. That said, I'd like them to get Tom Savage in a later round or as an UDFA.

OK - seems like a freshman mistake. Not good, but not condemning.

I did not have the details just knew he plead guilty. I still am on the Murray bandwagon, plus I think he goes later than 3rd round with than knee of his.

OK - seems like a freshman mistake. Not good, but not condemning.

Wow. He goosed a girl in a bar on Spring break in some po' dunk Georgia town and he gets brought up on chargers and kicked off the team.

And in some strange twist of fate Aaron Murray gets his shot at QB.

You can't make this stuff up. Crazy.

Would be better if the girl is Aaron Murray's cousin.

Edited by Why So Serious?