The Next Russel Wilson Is ??

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the grief given to Tuel about his out put in his FIRST official start as a NFL QB the Bills fans have all but put him out to pasture so what's the sense of keeping him ?

If they feel that way & apparently the Bills coaching staff must feel pretty close to the same way as they dropped him to the 3rd QB & brought in Lewis it's all but over so get rid of him & bring in another QB like Boyd , which i think is another VERY good QB after what i saw him do 2 years ago in is bowl game .

But with the amount of talent at the QB position this year if we don't bring in another i think it will be a foolish move to not have a solid back up plan & who they have i don't think is a solid back up plan if EJ goes down again ...

I'd like to see more than the usual UDFA brought into compete as a backup.

I was all on board 2 years ago when Russel Wilson came out for the Bills to pick him up . With the gaudy numbers he put up as a college player i just thought how can a guy that puts up these kind of numbers not be a good NFL QB ?

The rest is Russel Wilson history & i will try to not hurt my self patting me on the back !

I have the exact same feeling about a guy that has a quick release, which i didn't realize how quick until i saw some tape of him playing .

Jimmy Garapollo put up the gaudy numbers like Wilson did in his college career & reminds my of the type of quick release that Marino had . I think this guy is one that has the IT factor .

I would like to officially say that this guy will be up there in a couple of years as a Pro Bowl QB & in his recent future (as long as put on the right team & coach) in a SB sooner rather than later .

The guy just gets it , has all the tools & as long as you don't par him up like the Bills did back in the day with a coach/player relationship like Mularkey/JP, where from one minute to the next the kid didn't have the confidence of the coach & staff behind him to develop him i think this guy will be the next WIlson/Marino or better .

I know you all ill give me your opinions which hey isn't that what this is all about ? But i can handle the harsh reality of what it is to be a Bills fan on this site .

OH & i will go one further , if this guy happens to fall to the Bills in a later round (what ever your personal interpretation of that might be seeing as i got crucified for referring to the 3rd round as being a later round)

Then the Bills would be totally foolish to pass on this guy because if they do & EJ doesn't happen to work out as they are banking on then they will again sit back & be able to say will if only we had taken this guy or at least the fans can .

I like Wilson too. But no one ever accussed him of being the difference maker for Seattle.

In this team game there are guys like Rogers and Brady, Brees, and Peyton who we know can carry a weak team. And there are then a number of other guys that can play the role... Kaep, Wilson, Big Ben, Flacco, Eli.... My contention is it is always difficult to differentiate the second tier guys when they are on lousey teams. Many get tossed aside for this reason..

I am just not sure Russell would be acclaimed or even still in the game if he was thrown onto a bad team.

I like Wilson too. But no one ever accussed him of being the difference maker for Seattle.

In this team game there are guys like Rogers and Brady, Brees, and Peyton who we know can carry a weak team. And there are then a number of other guys that can play the role... Kaep, Wilson, Big Ben, Flacco, Eli.... My contention is it is always difficult to differentiate the second tier guys when they are on lousey teams. Many get tossed aside for this reason..

I am just not sure Russell would be acclaimed or even still in the game if he was thrown onto a bad team.

Ya but the kid is in his second full season & his still is learning . To add to that what you said about if he would have thrown a bad pass or 2 he may not still be in the game .

But the kid doesn't throw bad passes he has great vision & decision making & thats what separates the good ones from the bad . That too is why in his college career he threw for over 5K yds a season more than once .

Part of the knock on EJ was that his decision making wasn't that good in college & was part of the reason why "the experts" didn't consider him a first rounder & he held true to how he played in college . He was very conservative last year .

I hope he makes the jump this year because he's a great young man with a lot of character but because the NFL is such a huge business & one really good player or above average player at the QB position can make or break a team i hope they look into drafting another QB this year that has a higher upside than Lewis or Tuel if that is the way they feel .

To put all your eggs in one basket with out a strong back up plan in the NFL is foolish ! But i'm banking that Whaley see's that !!

Next Rusell Wilson? LOL. -Probably hasn't been born yet... R-dub was a generational product. We may not see his like for some time.

Garropolo is talented, but never won sh#!, in terms of NCAA champioships.

The kid nobody knows, -who's perfectly capable being an NFL starter is NDSU's Brock Jensen.

Jensen actually WON Garropolo's FCS subdivision THREE TIMES IN A ROW. Knocking off a D1A opponent every year he's been a starter. He's also played in a pro-style sysytem, spending a good deal of time under center, -Where, incidentally, he's looked very, very, sharp.

I've posted quite a bit on TBD regarding Jensen if you're up for a quick search. IMO, Jensen is as good as any QB in the draft. -BETTER than some if you ask me.

A SOLID late round grab. May even threaten someone if given the opportunity.

Ya but the kid is in his second full season & his still is learning . To add to that what you said about if he would have thrown a bad pass or 2 he may not still be in the game .

But the kid doesn't throw bad passes he has great vision & decision making & thats what separates the good ones from the bad . That too is why in his college career he threw for over 5K yds a season more than once .

Part of the knock on EJ was that his decision making wasn't that good in college & was part of the reason why "the experts" didn't consider him a first rounder & he held true to how he played in college . He was very conservative last year .

I hope he makes the jump this year because he's a great young man with a lot of character but because the NFL is such a huge business & one really good player or above average player at the QB position can make or break a team i hope they look into drafting another QB this year that has a higher upside than Lewis or Tuel if that is the way they feel .

To put all your eggs in one basket with out a strong back up plan in the NFL is foolish ! But i'm banking that Whaley see's that !!

All I am saying is Russell Wilson on a team with a bad line and no running game could have fizzled right out. Get crushed a few times by a relentless pass rush while doing to much to try and win and then see what happens to decision making. As this champion team gets dismantled in free agency as champs do, watch what happens to RWs career.

All I am saying is Russell Wilson on a team with a bad line and no running game could have fizzled right out. Get crushed a few times by a relentless pass rush while doing to much to try and win and then see what happens to decision making. As this champion team gets dismantled in free agency as champs do, watch what happens to RWs career.

His line was worse than the Bills.

Seattle's OL was horrible last year.

I believe a sleeper QB is Conner Shaw. I like Murray but he is not a sleeper

I like Shaw too. While Murray may not be a sleeper in that people know him but he is a lot like Wilson. Both were considered great leaders, they played a lot of games and Murray will likely go in the 3rd round or later.