Just give it to 'em

One of the worst called games EVER. Wade pulled his team off the field in protest. The league should have immediately started a corruption investigation. Who knows, maybe that was the start of the Pats* seeming mind control of the refs....

I was at that game, sitting straight across from the non-1st down first down Jefferson was given. Way short, clearly. Then the travesty of a pass interference call on the Hail Mary toss. Just sickening.

I remember laying low all game with my Bills gear not showing much so I didn't have to put up with any nonsense...then after all that garbage walked out yelling "TRAVESTY! THIS IS A TRAVISTY!" Not one pats* fan argued with me about that, but more than one came up and said "Yes...but we'll take it!"

The Bills fought hard that night too... and really deserved the win (they rightfully had). It was awful. Twilight Zone sort of stuff. :doh:

I love that article, and didn't realize Wilson made those statements. Gotta love his passion for the game, and for his team.

“But, at 80, I do know I don’t need pompous lectures from the Commissioner and I feet that the $50,000 is not only unwarranted, but punitive in nature. The next time he may ask me to sit in the corner.”

Wow...thanks for the find and sharing this..I always thought of Mr. Wilson as a class act..met him once at BCC and he was a gentleman...nice to discover he had a little bit of an attitude when it came to perceived slights, bad calls and poor officiating as well..thanks man for posting, made my day!

I actually like this part the best

“But the Commissioner lecturing to me as if I were a novice, instead of one who has been involved in football infinitely longer than he has, contends that criticizing a call has ‘destructive and corrosive effects on the game.’

I watched that game in a bar called Boston's, it was painful. Was that the same year that the officials gave Testaverte the touchdown?

Testaverde was given the TD because the football logo on his Jets helmet crossed the goal line. The actual ball never got within a yard of the end zone. As I recall, the Seahawks missed the playoffs due to that call and Dennis Erickson was fired. I believe the Bills got screwed by it too, but I can't remember how.

Ralph got his shots in. But that cost us the Miami playoff game that year. If you really want to see a game taken away by refs roll that tape.

Probably the only time in the history of football that PI was called on a Hail Mary pass on the last play of the game--and it wasn't even close to being actual PI. Disgraceful.

Testaverde was given the TD because the football logo on his Jets helmet crossed the goal line. The actual ball never got within a yard of the end zone. As I recall, the Seahawks missed the playoffs due to that call and Dennis Erickson was fired. I believe the Bills got screwed by it too, but I can't remember how.

Probably the only time in the history of football that PI was called on a Hail Mary pass on the last play of the game--and it wasn't even close to being actual PI. Disgraceful.

Does it really matter how? I'm surprized a game-altering call during a Chragers/Raiders game doesn't have the official turning on his mic and saying: "Personal Foul. Penalty will be assessed against Buffalo in their upcoming game!"