Johnny Manziel thread

Love trolling? Never said that in my life. Just because I don't think Tebow was a classic bust and I like Johnny Football doesn't make me a troll. I do find it funny how appalled people get when I have opinions that differ. Look at the heads that exploded when I praised Tebow. "You just lost all your credibility!" You can't tell me that there's no humor there.

Tebow was a bust in every way, shape, and form possible. Just because he got lucky against the Steelers in Mile High stadium doesn't change that fact.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well seeing as how Winston is better than Manziel, I'd say if he was replacing him a loss wouldn't be felt by Texas A&M either.

At what? Rape? Having your campus police act like the "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" monkeys? Having alumni in the state attorney's office sweep your messed up bi-sexual date rape lifestyle under the rug?

Yes, Winston is better at all of those things....I would agree.

Manziel was crucified for being a rich brat, Winston was glorified for raping a "skank".....American society as it now exists.

At what? Rape? Having your campus police act like the "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" monkeys? Having alumni in the state attorney's office sweep your messed up bi-sexual date rape lifestyle under the rug?

Manziel was crucified for being a rich brat, Winston was glorified for raping a "skank".....American society as it now exists.

Yup. American society...letting people like yourself jump to irrational uninformed conclusions.

Edit: So as to not hijack this thread with this beat to death topic, I will not continue this any further.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Just want to say this is ridiculous.

Draft expert doesn’t believe Johnny Manziel is a good fit for Texans

The Houston Texans are expected to consider former Texas A&M star Johnny Manziel as a potential No. 1 overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft because of his ability to put fans in the seats and his local connection to the team.

However, according to ESPN and Scout Inc.’s Todd McShay, Manziel may not be a fit for the Texans like most have assumed.

“From talking to guys I trust, I just don’t think Manziel is the fit for the Texans,” McShay said, via WalterFootball.com.

Then there are degrees of bust, right? Because guys like Tebow and Young weren't as busty as Leaf, Russel, Leinhert. All out of the league, but at least the former got to the playoffs.

Even when he's #28?

Do you know how many QB's in the NFL have won a playoff game? Vs the number who haven't?

So the bills should be going after Tebow or Rex Grossman? Got it.

Nope. Interesting conclusion though.

Manziel is box office, they really shouldn't pass him up. Still, I hope they do

Sizzle means nothing without the steak. There is absolutely no doubt he was an exciting college player to watch. But he's a project for the team that drafts him. VERY tough spot for a project to be put in when he's asked to put asses in the seats while he's learning the pro game. I hope he's up to it. Not to mention the front office that will be tied to the hip to him as well. Will they have the patience to let him develop? That's the most critical aspect for the team that drafts him.

GO BILLS!!!

Sorry for being a dissenter as this thread has been beat to death.... but if he's there @ #9 you see if Philly or someone wants E.J. and run to the podium with Manziels name written on the card. E.J. is a better version of Logan Thomas. Unless this team teaches him (Quickly) to go through his progressions, he's an injury waiting to happen. And I love the guy.

My son, who is a college coach in No. Carolina, likes E.J. more than me but says the problem is that the FSU system is "Read one side of the field, nothing open, run". . They didn't develop him because they didn't have to. He was a better athlete than 95 % of the defensive players so he could improvise. Same can be said for Manziel 'cept his improvisations many times lead to receptions rather than QB runs.

Went to bed after reading this board and some other sites' free agency recaps last night. Had a dream where Manziel fell to us and we picked him at nine. I woke up with huge sense of disappointment. It makes me think that if he somehow falls and is there at nine, those will be the longest most nerve racking ten minutes of the draft I've ever felt. This is my nightmare!

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Went to bed after reading this board and some other sites' free agency recaps last night. Had a dream where Manziel fell to us and we picked him at nine. I woke up with huge sense of disappointment. It makes me think that if he somehow falls and is there at nine, those will be the longest most nerve racking ten minutes of the draft I've ever felt. This is my nightmare!

Regardless of who is still available at 9, it will be extremely nerve wracking for me as well waiting to hear who is called. I do not think they will take John F. Football whether he is there or not. I could see him taking the "Brady Quinn plunge" if that is the order of the day.