Pryor wants out of Oakland - you want him?

major

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like him and think he'll pan out to have a Fitzpatrick like career. But, I don't think we need him here.

Landing somewhere like Pittsburgh, Detroit, Minnesota or maybe Carolina as a backup makes more sense.

That is an insult to someone, I think.

The main downside of "mobile" QB's is their durability. Mobile QB's can mask their throwing inadequacies by being able to chuck it deep and use their legs to make plays. Solution? Back up QB's. I think I just solved the NFL.

While Whaley and the Bills chiefs know much more about their four QBs than I, I think Whaley is taking a huge chance not bringing in someone to be able to run the ship if Manuel craps the bed.

Perhaps Denis Dixon surprises everyone. The year we looked fior a back up for fitzy and chose tyler thigpen (clear evidence gailey should have no input on player personnel ever) i was poed.... That year, my choice was to get dixon surrendering a 5th rder in the process (he was a restricted FA).....

I really don't know what dixon has done since although I am sure it is not much.....

Anyway, he was great at oregon, he is big and athletic, has some experience. Maybe he surprises this year....

But, if it were me, who knows just what he saw on TV last year on the Bills QB situation, I'd try to get Pryor.

I am not sure if I get the Bills strategy in giving Manuel the job and not bringing in any serious competition.

Shouldn't you bring in the best competition for all your roster spots?

While Lewis played better than I expected in the NE game, I just can't see him leading a team for any length of time.

I hope Marrone and Whaley are correct about our QBs and that I am completely wrong about them.

Go Bills!

He's definitely better than Jeff Tuel

I thought Tuel showed as much as any of the other QBs. All the QBs were terrible and Tuel missed a lot of passes, but he moved the team pretty well at times and perhaps he got rid of the ball the quickest to the right guy (cept for that one time). And I thnk that was very impressive for his first start and that getting rid of the ball fast to the right guy is one of the most important qualities to have to be a successful QB (he knows what he is doing).

Perhaps his horrible inaccuracies can be traced to jitters as he clearly could not play coming into his first game for an injured Manuel.

I look forward to watching all four of our QBs this spring and summer..... I sure hope the three from last year that played look way better this summer (although Tuel was impressive over the summer quite a few times). Still they have to really improve if we are going anywhere next year.....

They are of course the biggest key to the season. Although I think there are many, many keys for us....

I have ZERO interest in Terelle Pryor.

Only way he has a chance is if we dump Tuel or Lewis. We need smarts at this position, people. -As well as athleticism. I'd Rather take a chance on a late round prospect. -A kid like NDSU's Brock Jensen is far more deserving of ONE shot that Pryor is of two.

EJ: Way better option than Pryor.

Thad: Better QB than Pryor IMO

Tuel: Not as good as Pryor

Dixon: Better prospect than Pryor, has had less chances backing up Big Ben most of career.

IMO, our QBs have more to offer than Pryor who can only run. Unless he wants to compete for 3rd string with a chance at 2nd string, I can't see him wantig to be here or Bills wanting to bring him in.

There is no point in bringing in Pryor.

Even if he is a very slight upgrade to Lewis or Tuel, what is the point really? If EJ doesn't have a good season in 2014 the Bills are going no where. Adding a guy that has shown he isn't a starting caliber NFL QB into the mix just doesn't really improve the team.

Plus, he kind of has the stench of failure on him. If he were to come here, it would kind of look like no one else would take the bum so he had to shuffle off to Buffalo. It's just not a great look for the franchise.