Trade Down Scenarios

Chilly

So like every year, I'm seeing a lot of people wanting the Bills to trade down. But I'm not seeing a lot of people say who they think the Bills could be trading with, who that team wants, and for what picks. So, let's discuss the scenarios that we think are possible.

Here's a link to the draft trade chart:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

I'll start, here's a good format to use:

Trade Partner: St. Louis Rams

Player Being Targeted at #9: Mike Evans

Trade: BUF 1st Round (#9 Overall, 1350 points) for STL 1st Round (#13 Overall, 1150 Points) and STL 3rd Round (#75 Overall, 215 Points)

Justification:

BUF: If the Bills aren't sold on Mike Evans, and both tackles are off the board, they may well trade back. By trading with St. Louis, they give themselves an opportunity to land either TE Eric Ebron or T Taylor Lewan (depending on who NYG takes, they also need both of these players). S Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix would be another possibility here to replace Byrd. They would still be able to get a talented player to fill a need and pick up an extra 3rd round pick in the process.

STL: With a strong probability of getting Clowney at #2, STL is desperate for WR help. Some teams are perceiving a big dropoff in talent after Evans, and with two first rounds picks, STL has some fire power to move around in the draft. If STL is targeting Evans, they will likely feel pressure to jump ahead of Detroit to nab him.

If the Bills want Ebron I think they should just stay at 9 and take him because I think he goes shortly after that

Rams are intriguing trade down partner but I don't see them trading up for a WR two years in a row

I could see Dallas wanting to trade up for Barr possibly

Edited by Max997

I'd like a trade with Cleveland where we get their 2nd 1st rd pick, their 2nd 2nd rd pick and their third rd pick. Thinking Cleveland would also like to get Evans to pair with Manziel.

thats a strange possibility. I doubt they give up that much though.

So like every year, I'm seeing a lot of people wanting the Bills to trade down. But I'm not seeing a lot of people say who they think the Bills could be trading with, who that team wants, and for what picks. So, let's discuss the scenarios that we think are possible.

its a great post and a great idea for a discussion. But your first comment made me think that you were going on about how many here want to trade out of the pick but there's nobody to trade it to. To that (regardless if it was your point or not) I bring to attention that every single year people always come out and say "you have to find a trade partner willing to trade up" yet every single year it seems like there is a new record for trades in the 1st round.

Of we really want to trade the pick, someone will be there to trade it to. That's a fact.

Gmen covet Ebron and pick at 12. Perhaps they trade up to secure the selection, we slide 3 slots, and pick up their second rounder. Also it is known that the Giants want Ebron- so if another team wants to leapfrog them to draft Ebron- we are in a great spot!

Gmen covet Ebron and pick at 12. Perhaps they trade up to secure the selection, we slide 3 slots, and pick up their second rounder. Also it is known that the Giants want Ebron- so if another team wants to leapfrog them to draft Ebron- we are in a great spot!

unless the guy you want is Ebron. Lol

I would like to see us draft Aaron Donald. So say we make the deal-

1-Aaron Donald

2a-David Yankey

2b-Troy Niklas

3-Shane Skov

trade down 3 spots. Pick up extra 2nd.

1. Ebron

2. Benjamin

2b - 3. The best OLmen on the board

4. Andre Williams

5-7. The best OL or LB available

trade down 3 spots. Pick up extra 2nd.

1. Ebron

2. Benjamin

2b - 3. The best OLmen on the board

4. Andre Williams

5-7. The best OL or LB available

Ebron wont be there. Don't like Benjamin. Hate drafting for need- always BPA. Williams can't catch and we already have CJ, Fred, and Dixon

The old trade table is out the window, there was an article on that somewhere about 2012. Also anyone think the Rams will trade with Buffalo for a WR Two years in a row? Not gonna happen.

Why? Mike Evans and Tavon Austin are completely different WR's. The Rams need a receiver like Evans. I don't understand your logic here.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Why? Mike Evans and Tavon Austin are completely different WR's. The Rams need a receiver like Evans. I don't understand your logic here.

Agree especially if St. Louis takes an OT with the second pick of the draft. But they could easily go Watkins at 2 or perhaps even Mack instead of OL knowing the depth in the OL this year.

I understand this thread is about trading down but hear me out.

I used to gripe about our team being completely void of top end talent. This has dramatically changed imo over the last 3 years especially on the defensive side of the ball. I think our top end talent on offense is Wood and Glenn and our only play maker on the offensive side of the ball is CJ Spiller. Before you start killing me I'm fully aware that players like Woods and Goodwin are capable of being play makers but it's a bit too early to call them that. IMO it's crucial to stay put at pick 9 and take an offensive play maker. I think that player is Evans. 6'5: WR's that run like that don't come around very often.

I dont want to count on Goodwin as a main playmaker for this team.......explosive has heck but too damn small

I don't think he'll be a main playmaker but there's no doubt this kid has the ability to get over the top. Couple that with his bulldog toughness, I think he'll be a contributor in making big plays. Where in I see Woods being more valuable to our team but Goodwin being the bigger playmaker. If that makes any sense.

On the other hand if we don't add a legitimate play maker to this offense we may have no choice but to count on Goodwin.

There's a reason why Chandler caught more passes than anyone else on the team. When you have a QB who is still a work in progress in accuracy which is normal, your friend is someone who can jump ball and grab it. I say don't trade down and

Pick Ebron or Evans.

grab a lineman in round 2. There is enough in this draft. 3rd round BPA.

The old trade table is out the window, there was an article on that somewhere about 2012. Also anyone think the Rams will trade with Buffalo for a WR Two years in a row? Not gonna happen.

Yes, it is old and from Jimmy Johnson's estimate of getting a starting QB. Funny thing is that nearly every trade that you see out there comes close to following it, so it still is the best first approximation. Usually, this years X round pick is worth next year's (x-1) round pick.