Trade Down Scenarios

Chilly

The trade down is Carolina. I'm telling you. We could get their 1st and 2 for our first and maybe surrender a 5th just to get it done. They want Ebron and would probably take Evans, too. They need targets.

We get the picks we need.

While I really want Evans I would also be happy with Barr. Barr would give us a big LB for the future to shut down the big TEs.

Barr scares me a little, as he seems to have the biggest "boom or bust" potential of all the top prospects. I've watched him a little, and his athleticism certainly jumps out at you. He seems like more of a situational pass rusher than a complete LB right now.

That said, I have a strong feeling that it will be either WR or OT in the 1st.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Barr scares me a little, as he seems to have the biggest "boom or bust" potential of all the top prospects. I've watched him a little, and his athleticism certainly jumps out at you. He seems like more of a situational pass rusher than a complete LB right now.

That said, I have a strong feeling that it will be either WR or OT in the 1st.

I agree, and keep in mind, the BILLS really don't need a LT, they NEED a quality RT, meaning their value could well be in the 20's of the 1st round, allowing the BILLS to trade far back and pick up more picks....I hear people wanting to have play-makers, and so do I...but, one of the many - but IMO one of the few valid - complaints has been the lack of depth of good players...this year's Draft is deep in the two areas the BILLS need to significantly upgrade that depth: O Line and WR...so if the BILLS trade back, I could see them going with a quality OT in the 1st and then WR in the 2nd, along with LB and DE to round out the 2nd and 3rd rounds with the additional picks....I actually would like to see the BILLS re-sign Carrington because I think he has the potential to be a good D Lineman if he can stay healthy, he just hasn't yet, consistently....

So like every year, I'm seeing a lot of people wanting the Bills to trade down. But I'm not seeing a lot of people say who they think the Bills could be trading with, who that team wants, and for what picks. So, let's discuss the scenarios that we think are possible.

Trade Partner: St. Louis Rams

Player Being Targeted at #9: Mike Evans

Trade: BUF 1st Round (#9 Overall, 1350 points) for STL 1st Round (#13 Overall, 1150 Points) and STL 3rd Round (#75 Overall, 215 Points)

While I would like to trade down, any trade would have to at least include another 2nd round pick, even if it involved switching later picks as well to keep the points reasonable. At #9 this year and with the QBs expected to use so many of those picks, there are huge odds that top 5 talent at one of our positions of need will be there at #9. No way you give up top 5 talent for just a 3rd round pick.

There's a reason why Chandler caught more passes than anyone else on the team. When you have a QB who is still a work in progress in accuracy which is normal, your friend is someone who can jump ball and grab it. I say don't trade down and

Pick Ebron or Evans.

grab a lineman in round 2. There is enough in this draft. 3rd round BPA.

I support this.

The Bills need a WR like Evans.....

Bills don't need a headcase that draws stupid penaltys in the biggest game of the year. He doesn't have the head for the NFL and would be taken off my draft board round 1

Gmen covet Ebron and pick at 12. Perhaps they trade up to secure the selection, we slide 3 slots, and pick up their second rounder. Also it is known that the Giants want Ebron- so if another team wants to leapfrog them to draft Ebron- we are in a great spot!

This would be a perfect opportunity to swap picks with the Giants. First we select Ebron if he's there, then have the Giants select Kelvin Benjamin, if he's there, and swap players along with 2nd round pick. I would love this move. Besides, I thing Benjamin is better than Evans.

Edited by JTO

If the Bills want Ebron I think they should just stay at 9 and take him because I think he goes shortly after that

Rams are intriguing trade down partner but I don't see them trading up for a WR two years in a row

I could see Dallas wanting to trade up for Barr possibly

They should just draft Ebron already! They need a weapon if they want Manuel to develope. It's either him or Watkins @ 9. No way I take a RT @ 9.