10 years ago this September...LOST debuted...

ricojes

I remember when LOST started. I lived in Vegas and my roommate was like, dude, I recorded this first show, yiu have to watch it. I instantly got hooked. Was the first real show I ever made plans for to watch it. Now I have so many I'm hooked.

I remember when LOST started. I lived in Vegas and my roommate was like, dude, I recorded this first show, yiu have to watch it. I instantly got hooked. Was the first real show I ever made plans for to watch it. Now I have so many I'm hooked.

Same for me minus living in Vegas. LOST got me hooked on tv series. There's nothing like your first.....what a great show. And it was on network television nonetheless

It was a fun ride. You can complain about how all the crazy plot lines, alternate realities and mythological threads kind of came apart in the last season or so, but it was engrossing. I see the influence of Lost in many other shows since.

I agree on the influence. It was the one show i record to just skip the commercials, but i always watched that night so i could read the interwebs the next day.Learned a lot, prolly all meaningless stuff, especially the first two years researching various theories.

Same for me minus living in Vegas. LOST got me hooked on tv series. There's nothing like your first.....what a great show. And it was on network television nonetheless

i watched them all but burned out before the show was done. It went on at least 1 season too long IMO. Funny how so many shows are like that. Makes me think of Dexter too. And honestly, I have no idea why they wouldn't have ended Homeland after Brody died. I know it's not about just him, but it really was the perfect ending for that show.

It was a fun ride. You can complain about how all the crazy plot lines, alternate realities and mythological threads kind of came apart in the last season or so, but it was engrossing. I see the influence of Lost in many other shows since.

Hmm. For me, most of the loose threads got tied up pretty neatly once I thought about things and put it all into the right order.

I never really got people who said they were still confused about this or that.

I haven't done a rewatch yet. Maybe the 10-year anniversary would be a good start date.

Still the most beautiful final ~10 minutes of a series on teevee, in my book.

Great show. I remember the posts on here were fantastic in terms of speculation/explanation.

Hmm. For me, most of the loose threads got tied up pretty neatly once I thought about things and put it all into the right order.

I never really got people who said they were still confused about this or that.

I haven't done a rewatch yet. Maybe the 10-year anniversary would be a good start date.

Still the most beautiful final ~10 minutes of a series on teevee, in my book.

And here's one of those posters now. You provided a ton of material in that old Lost thread. :beer: I was certainly not a contributor on any big scale, but I read it religiously.

I also agree with your final take. It did make sense in the end...and the latter portion of the finale, culminating with the shot of Jack's eye literally put a bookend on the entire thing. Great stuff.

I agree that it was a fantastic ride but overall it was a little unsatisfying at the end for me. They eluded from the start that there would be one big answer that pulled it all together and I guess it just got too big to find a workable solution to every mystery.

My personal theory is that originally the island was supposed to be purgatory and everyone was dead from the very start but seeing how just about everyone guessed that after the first season, and the because writers vehemently denied this, creative was forced to come up with something else that never really worked.