Who is first in line to take the AFC East...

...when Brady and/or Belichick decide their time is up with the Patriots? Its an interesting dilemma when you ask who is in the best position to be at the top of the food chain in the AFC East.

It seems to me, right now, that Miami has the QB with the most upside in Tannehill. Manuel and Geno Smith haven't been consistant enough for me to bank on either at the moment. Tannehill can be erratic as well but not nearly as much as those two. And Manuel couldn't stay healthy to save his life last year, lets hope that doesn't continue.

Not to say the Pats won't draft the "2nd coming", but that doesn't seem likely as they'll HAVE to rebuild at some point in the near future. Of coursr, its also possible when they do leave, the AFC East becomes the NFC West of 3-4 years ago and everybodys awful...lol

@Pete I like the way u think and your optimism, and I hope you're right! Its just too damn bad when you sit back and think about the dominance of them over us since they showed up some 13 years or so ago and you have to sit back and wait for one or the other to get the hell outta dodge before. you have a prayer of being competitive again.

We all hate the Pats, but its an attribute to how dominant they've been during that course of time. It also goes to show just how poor we've been in that time and how far behind everybody else in the league we are. Miami and the Jets have managed to gain sporadic wins over them during this era of dominance and even managed to beat them in Foxborough a few times...we've beaten them TWICE since 2003! Both at the Ralph! We have NEVER won in Gillette stadium! Sickening lol

Considering Brady has a near-guaranteed deal through 2017 and has continually expressed a strong desire to keep playing until he's 40, I'd say we have no idea given how much change will happen to rosters between now and then.

Miami is too unstable, and Tannehill can't be trusted. The Jets offense sucks but they're good enough on defense. If the O-line gets upgraded and we get a good #1 Receiver, I like the Bills chances to take down the Pats.

Edited by BmarvB

Miami is too unstable, and Tannehill can't be trusted. The Jets offense sucks but they're good enough on defense. If the O-line gets upgraded and we get a good #1 Receiver, I like the Bills chances to take down the Pats.

Reminder: The Bills have one NFL playoff win apart from Polian's influence.

I'm not sure I see the Bills doing anything ever 'til Wilson isn't the owner.

As long as Belicheat is the Pats' coach, no matter who their QB is, they'll be better than we are. I can't stand the guy and I think he's overrated and has benefitted far more from Brady than visa versa, but props are due when props are due.

I know a lot of people would say Miami....but I think all that biudling through free agency is gonna blow up in their faces

It will. If memory serves they spent 141 mil in free agency last year and their record went from 7-9 to 8-8. Hardly worth it.

...when Brady and/or Belichick decide their time is up with the Patriots? Its an interesting dilemma when you ask who is in the best position to be at the top of the food chain in the AFC East.

It seems to me, right now, that Miami has the QB with the most upside in Tannehill. Manuel and Geno Smith haven't been consistant enough for me to bank on either at the moment. Tannehill can be erratic as well but not nearly as much as those two. And Manuel couldn't stay healthy to save his life last year, lets hope that doesn't continue

Not to say the Pats won't draft the "2nd coming", but that doesn't seem likely as they'll HAVE to rebuild at some point in the near future. Of coursr, its also possible when they do leave, the AFC East becomes the NFC West of 3-4 years ago and everybodys awful...lol

Im not a big fan of Tannyhilter. I dont think that he is that great! Edited by fansince88

"Who is first in line to take the AFC East...when Brady and/or Belichick decide their time is up with the Patriots?"

SCREW THAT!!!!

We're not waiting until they decide their time is up......we'll make that decision for them whether they are there or not.

As far as I am concerned, if Manuel takes a nice step forward and stays healthy, even this year, we will be right there knocking on the door. If he is a little better than that, we're gonna kick the door right down on top of them. I'm tired of hearing that we'll only compete when they're gone. Are they good? of course! But, as far as I'm concerned, that team is not invincible.

As someone famous used to say..... "To be the man, you gotta beat the man." Well, it's about time to put a whoopin' on "the man!"

I'm one of the biggest optimistic homers that there is. That being said about a decade ago I had reached the conclusion that this franchise was not going to change without a change of ownership. I have a lot of respect for Mr. Wilson for bringing a team to Buffalo and for what he has done for the league.

So here is where my optimism kicks in, I don't know if relinquishing control to Brandon completely changes things, but the last year has a different feel to it. Yes I know they let Byrd and Levitre leave, (I don't thing Byrd would have stayed under any condition), but no recycled GM, no old recycled head coach, drafting a QB in the first round, good draft and some solid, but unspectacular FA pick ups. I think they are headed on the right direction, we'll see.

Now as to the topic. At some point sooner rather than later Brady is going to decline and retire. I feel like they get worse every year. It happens to all dynasties. The Jets and the Dolphins both have strange ownership and both have head coaches not hired by the current GMs. Tannehill was drafted by the Dolphins because their OC was his head coach in college, now he is gone. Why is Sanchez still a Jet? That can't be a good situation. If these two teams don't make the playoffs there will be big changes.

So why not the Bills?

Bills are next up. They dont need it handed to them either. Buffalo is poised to take it. this year or next at the latest .

The trick will be hanging onto it. And of course being competetive for the Afc title.

go bills !