Hug your kids tonight all..Update 5/31

plenzmd1

Just had a good friend of my daughter die after finishing the Shamrock half marathon in VA beach. 15 years old. They do not know what happened yet. Drove her for two years in swim car pool. Parents are not great friends of ours, but friends none the less.

As said, give your kids an extra hug tonight, if you so believe please say a prayer for the family.

Edited by plenzmd1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never know. How is your daughter?

Rough Rande, thank you for asking. she has dealt with a lot of death in 14 years, between my dad and mom, my brother , her other grandfather , and a whole bunch of other family. She prolly been to 8 funerals in last 3 years alone.

This one gunna be rough for all of us I

Our son died in his sleep at age 14. Never found a cause of death. You never get over it.

So sorry for this family and for your daughter having to deal with so much loss so young. Some good may come of it, eventually, but it's hard as hell to see how right now. However I've learned that out of the greatest losses, some good will usually follow - just have to recognize it when it does.

Prayers going out for you all.

Rough Rande, thank you for asking. she has dealt with a lot of death in 14 years, between my dad and mom, my brother , her other grandfather , and a whole bunch of other family. She prolly been to 8 funerals in last 3 years alone.

very hard for any child to go through a friend passing at that age. When my nephew passed away at 24 that was bad.. My kids took it hard. And they older in there upper 20s can not imagine it happening at that age. Like you said hug them often..

Thank you Plenz. I do not have my own kids. My brothers kids call me every day on the way home from school and my sisters kids mail me stick on tattoos and pictures they draw of the farm every month. I cherish every moment of them in my life that I can.

I am sorry for the loss your family experienced with your daughters friend.

That is way too much for a child her age. I can only imagine it making her appreciate life all that much more seeing she's seen how fleeting it can be. I'm 52 and have not attended anywhere near that many funerals in my life.

That is way too much for a child her age. I can only imagine it making her appreciate life all that much more seeing she's seen how fleeting it can be. I'm 52 and have not attended anywhere near that many funerals in my life.

How is that possible? Not more then 8?! No where near? I have to imagine you're exaggerating. By her age I had attended probably the same number - 8. I chose not to go to several more, or could not go (we lived far away from family)

Thx Jim, and your right , way to much for someone her age. The blessing and the curse of a big family I guess.

I hope it is reminder to all of us, especially when we want to explode with anger at our family( guilty way more than I care to admit) , as Mead said, you just never know what is in store !

Thx Jim, and your right , way to much for someone her age. The blessing and the curse of a big family I guess.

I hope it is reminder to all of us, especially when we want to explode with anger at our family( guilty way more than I care to admit) , as Mead said, you just never know what is in store !

I have been way far away from my family for 30 plus years. That is why I have not attended many funerals. Missed both of my grandmother's services. !@#$ you restaurant industry!! I feel so estranged from my family. I was at a small family reunion and the matriarch of the cousins said "Jim, I don't think I've ever seen you as an adult." I was 49 at the time and she was right. Well that and I'm still not an adult. Anyway my mom's side is huge, my dad is an only child. My aunt passed two weeks ago. She went on her terms :) . My younger cousin (there are 20 of us) lost his 40 year old wife and mom within three weeks of each other at Christmas time two years ago. His kids will look at Christmas as the time they lost their mom and grandma. But they are very religious and that helps them. Hug them tight man. I have none.