Spikes confirmed visiting OBD. Confirmed Signed

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's the way Graham quoted him, but Smerlas sounds like a buffoon in the "interview". His disgust centers around Spikes' dehydration in one game....which he equates to him obviously being out of shape. He then blankets it with the whole character/coach killer rant.... Does he honestly think Peppers would vouch for this guy if he remotely thought he would screw the coaching staff over? And finally if the Bills would bring in Spikes for "the minimum and no guaranteed money..." OK....Way to have your finger on the free agency pulse Fred! This guy is obviously going to be paid nicely by somebody.

Smerlas has always been a buffoon. If that is Tim Graham's source of information, it just proves how biased and single minded in his relentless pursuit of all things negative regarding the Bills he is.

Adam Caplan@caplannfl 56s

No deal with Spikes and the #Bills, source said. Story is not true.

Who knows at this point.......maybe finalizing the details and it will be done soon.

Adam Caplan@caplannfl 1m

Doesn't mean the Bills won't get a deal done with him--just nothing even close at this point.

caplan probably spoke with spikes agent, while the other tweets are sources deep within OBD.... those sources may be accurate while spikes agent wants to keep the door open for offers until pen hits paper.

If they pull off this move I will be truly electrified. I am pumped just thinking about it. We need players that will abuse the opponent. Smash mouth football rules in my book. This would be like when the Yankees signed Tino Martinez. He was a Yankee killer. Then he killed for the Yankees. WHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

caplan probably spoke with spikes agent, while the other tweets are sources deep within OBD.... those sources may be accurate while spikes agent wants to keep the door open for offers until pen hits paper.

Yup. That sounds right. At this point I would be surprised if a deal wasn't done today. I love this move. If we didn't have Pepper Johnson I would have liked it still but more of a okay let's wait and see. But Pepper knows everything there is to know about Spikes, and clearly wanted him here.

I like the nasty he brings. I could care less what he said about Buffalo he will probably end up loving it in Buffalo like a lot of players do (not all that's for sure).

He fills a definite need with a ton of talent. While I imagine teams will pick on him to some degree in the pass game I also imagine Kiko playing possum and watching for that and cutting in front for INTs like he did a couple times last year.