Chris Williams signed

23 Aaron Williams S 23 6-0 199 4 Texas

27 Duke Williams S 23 5-11 201 2 Nevada

95 Kyle Williams DL 30 6-1 303 9 LSU

94 Mario Williams DL 29 6-6 292 9 North Carolina State

-- Nathan Williams LB 24 6-3 249 R Ohio State

-- Chris Williams OG

team with the most Williams ?

They got a good deal on Bills jerseys with Williams on the back. Signing Williams' is easy than forcing current players to change their names.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how well he played but Polian likes him. I do know how well the Bills LGs played so it'd have to be an upgrade.

he went to Vandy so that's a cognitive plus...Meanwhile our current LG is from the state of West Virginia....

Known losers like the Packers, Patriots and Steelers build thru the draft and mid tier free agents like morons.

I didn't watch a ton of St. Louis oline. Crazy I know?

Man this glass is hard to fill halfway!

I'd be more interested in Richie Incognito even though he's a cognitive negative

There's some solid comedy in this thread...

For the record, the guy has 'survived' 6 years in the NFL so that speaks to some ability. He can play guard and tackle in a pinch. Good swing backup. Get 'r done.

Makes sense - another guy not on CBSSportsline list of top 166 free agents. I wonder how old Russ is going to package this! So far free agency has been great for Ralphy- he escapes having to pay his top dog.

Not on NFL top list either:

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency

To me this has to be a cheap depth signing. And will not eliminate the need to draft 1-2 OL in the draft. We will need to bring in Spikes or an actual starter to free up space to draft OL if we don't get a starter in FA

Really why waste money on a "shaky" player like this. Is it to much to ask to sign someone who can actually play, not just fill a roster spot.

How much do you think it will cost? And it won't be nice to have a former starter/ 1st round pick as depth? It was also his first season as a guard so maybe there is room for improvement.

This is the kind of signing I can't tolerate. Caroll is a perfect depth guy but trying to spin this guy off as a starter would have me saying "same old Bills", which I'm reluctant to do until we're later in the process.

To me this has to be a cheap depth signing.

Good swing backup. Get 'r done.

Ahem.

They aren't flying in a guy who is only going to play if someone else gets hurt the day after free agency starts.

And of course there is the whole "started 16 games last season" thing.

Good swing backup :lol: .

Now that is some quality comedy!

How much do you think it will cost? And it won't be nice to have a former starter/ 1st round pick as depth? It was also his first season as a guard so maybe there is room for improvement.

according to the chicago fan up thread, its not his first year at guard.

also, what we dont know is if this is depth, or an answer to the hole. if depth, cool. if the answer.... a bit worrisome. i know there was some talk that they might go with a guy that could play RT or LG and let the BPA in the draft dictate which way they went and the FA could fill the other spot.... if thats what they are thinking here, im not enthused.

Williams sucks.

If we're bringing him in to start then that scares me because he's barely better than guys like Colin Brown and Legurski.

If we're bringing him in as depth then OBD's priorities are whack. We need starters first and not garbage busts.

according to the chicago fan up thread, its not his first year at guard.

also, what we dont know is if this is depth, or an answer to the hole. if depth, cool. if the answer.... a bit worrisome. i know there was some talk that they might go with a guy that could play RT or LG and let the BPA in the draft dictate which way they went and the FA could fill the other spot.... if thats what they are thinking here, im not enthused.

You raise good points. Now let's examine Chicago. They drafted both Williams & Carmi (sp) as 1st round picks. They were both generally thought of as 1st round talents. Was Chicago's evaluation that off, poor coaching, or they both whiffed on 2 stiffs?

Williams sucks.

If we're bringing him in to start then that scares me because he's barely better than guys like Colin Brown and Legurski.

If we're bringing him in as depth then OBD's priorities are whack. We need starters first and not garbage busts.

Aww poor baby did they not sign some 'Name' you recognize or wanted? Seems a former GREAT GM disagrees with you 'he sucks' comment considering where he has him rated http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/freeagency/?year=2014&position=45&type=-1