I'm mad as hell & I'm not gonna take it any more!

Virgil

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ralph is so cheap he spends $100 million on one player just to prove he isn't cheap? :blink:

PTR

Let's be real. It has been proven time and time again that signing FAs to mega deals usually doesn't work out in the NFL (with exception of QBs). Based on the money given out, it's nearly impossible for the player to perform up to his contract. Do you think the Bills FO was completely blind to annual occurrence?

If Russ can give out a huge contract for a big name player every blue moon, it's worth it in the long run because it puts butts in the seats and stops fans from complaining (which puts more butts in seats). $100 million is actually a cheap price for what Ralph gets in return.

Let's be real. It has been proven time and time again that signing FAs to mega deals usually doesn't work out in the NFL (with exception of QBs). Based on the money given out, it's nearly impossible for the player to perform up to his contract. Do you think the Bills FO was completely blind to annual occurrence?

If Russ can give out a huge contract for a big name player every blue moon, it's worth it in the long run because it puts butts in the seats and stops fans from complaining (which puts more butts in seats). $100 million is actually a cheap price for what Ralph gets in return.

Buffalo spent big in UFA in 2007 and again in 2012. Seems like every 5 years they do something like a big splash in UFA when things are going downhill. It doesn't seem to be part of a bigger plan and isn't usually supported with outstanding drafts, but it keeps people interested.

Besides, they don't seem concerned with Mario's 18.8M cap hit for 2014, which occupies 1/7th of their current cap hit. There's more time left in UFA, but with 12M in dead cap, you wonder what the plan is: spend less and wait until the inevitable or try and compete. Right now it looks like the former.

It was re: Mario several seasons ago, that's exactly what it was all about.

The problem with this team is not that they don't ever spend money on players, they do, but when you give the biggest contracts to mediocre players like Fitzpatrick, Dockery, Walker, Tripplett, and then give players like Spencer Johnson, Dwan Edwards, and Kawika Mitchell nearly 20M apiece, well, you're not exactly setting the pace.

This org needs far better talent evaluators, it's not all the admin's side of the FO's fault.

And that is why it doesn't make sense to be bitching about Whaley's inaction 90minutes into FA. Many of the guys you mention above are Day 1 FA signings (or at least contacts) and did not work out. The same goes for the FA in the league this year. Some above average talent are being paid big money to turn franchise's around. That is not going to happen. Look at Cleveland...They gave 7M a year average to Whitner who had difficulty getting 4M from the 49ers three seasons ago. I for once am glad that Whaley has brought his PITTSBURGH Principles to Buffalo to stand Pat and do NOTHING on Day 1 of the frenzy. The difference I hope to see with Whaley is to make sure we do plug the holes left by Byrd, Levitre and Chandler unlike last year. If the Bills can sign some mid-level FA including Spikes, it would be a good off season for them.

the Pats and Packers are never big FA players and they are always great and the Browns, Raiders, and Redskins are always big players and they always seem to suck.

It's not about the big splash.

;-)

nice space and smile dorko

Made my day. Not as great as the day Kelsay finally left, but not bad.

+1

You're shortly going to be pounded with post after post about how smart the Bills front office is for not signing any good players. I mean, now that Mike Caussin is in the fold, posts are already starting about how Chris Gragg is going to surprise people, etc, etc, etc.

How could a fan from a loser want anything more than a K and Mike Caussin?

Edited by Lv-Bills

You're shortly going to be pounded with post after post about how smart the Bills front office is for not signing any good players. I mean, now that Mike Caussin is in the fold, posts are already starting about how Chris Gragg is going to surprise people, etc, etc, etc.

How could a fan from a loser want anything more than a K and Mike Caussin?

bring it. First round pick- Poz- let them go for nothing. Top lineman Levitre- let them go- and have no replacement plan. First round pick- Lynch- let him go for a 4th and win superbowl. First round pick Whitner- let him go. First round pick Clements- go. ETC. Waste first round picks, then either ignore their replacement, or waste another high draft pick replacing player instead of filling a hole at another position. Its maddening. And next year we have more free agents. I suppose we will let them go for nothing too. It is !@#$ing maddening

I agree Pete. But hey, they signed Mike Caussin today. REALLY? Here's a tool that had 6 catches THREE years ago, and didn't play the last two years. Seriously, you can't make up stuff like this. And it's not like he was a high pick. He was an undrafted FA. So, even in a minor signing like this.....you have to scream......WTF? You can't tell me this guy is in any way, shape or form useful to this organization. Again, you can't make this stuff up.

Seahawks in negotiation with Jarred Allen. Seattle is most balanced team in NFL- yet they are aggressive in bringing in players to improve their superbowl team. Where as we finally have a few talented players to build upon- and we cast them off and create more holes. So far our defense is same as last year, minus Byrd- we our much worse already

Seahawks in negotiation with Jarred Allen. Seattle is most balanced team in NFL- yet they are aggressive in bringing in players to improve their superbowl team. Where as we finally have a few talented players to build upon- and we cast them off and create more holes. So far our defense is same as last year, minus Byrd- we our much worse already

And minus Pettine...

Remember when they brought in Lawson and Branch after we all though they'd done nothing in FA? Sure, the totally screwed up regarding LG, but they found some really solid players after the dust settled. I'm a little disappointed we couldn't get to Austin Howard, but I'm being patient.