I'm mad as hell & I'm not gonna take it any more!

Virgil

I was waiting patiently for this thread...It's a little late though...Already almost 4 hrs into Free Agency...

A bit of a different twist this year...Not so much the Bills have not signed anyone yet but rather they will only sign bottom tier UFA's...

Nonetheless I'm glad this thread is here and I look forward to reading the arguments on both sides... :P

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills are going to sign a bunch of crappy players, tie a ribbon around them and sell them as value.

Same crap, same record 6-10.

You mean like they did last year when they signed Lawson and Branch?

Theres a lot of players left, 90 mins in and people are already complaining that its a failure. Im not sure what you think but players can sign wherever they please and theres no telling who weve called and not called. if we get Spikes, Byrd and a guard this will be a successful FA period. Patience.

Ha-ha-ha-ha-haha ahhhhhhhh you're killing me, man, stop it....

And this has happened for about an eight year stretch in the Bills history under Polian/Butler. Other than that it has been a total cluster of FO mismanagement and bad decisions from coaches to players. No faith in Whaley or Marrone until they prove it. Last years draft brought an unproven answer at QB, an undersized MLB, and good dime UDFA CB. This same regime had Colin Brown at LG, Chandler et al at TE, and may have just let a ProBowl safety walk with no compensation.

Polian was the GM before FA. So it was a little different also was there a salary cap?Most rookie QB's are unproven. Whaley seems to be doing a pretty good job. Solid draft last year plus pretty good FA signings last year "Branch, Lawson, trade\Hughes. Kiko is a beast. Colin Brown was a disaster. Chandler was middle of the pac for TE last year stat wise. He lead our team in receiving and had no offseason last year. He wasnt spectacular but was pretty good seeing the injury suffered the year before. I have to say i dont agree with much you have said. everyone is entitled to their own opinions i guess! Byrd isnt gone yet. I cant see paying someone more than they r worth. The NFL seems to agree. He has gone to NO, thats it. I dont think they can sign him but stranger things have happened. With Brees outrageous cap #'s this season, whats going on with Graham and the cuts of pretty good players doesn't add up. They have like 2 mil under the cap.

Theres a lot of players left, 90 mins in and people are already complaining that its a failure. Im not sure what you think but players can sign wherever they please and theres no telling who weve called and not called. if we get Spikes, Byrd and a guard this will be a successful FA period. Patience.

Ha-ha-ha-ha-haha ahhhhhhhh you're killing me, man, stop it....

What? No Super Mario type signing to get all hyped over?

relax guys, the Bills know what holes they need to fill and will go about it as cost effectively as possible....as usual

Because they've done such an outstanding job over the past 15 years! :lol:

We all know that signing as many high prices free agents is the way to be successful. I mean, look at the Redskins in the early 2000s and more recently the Eagles and last year the Dolphins. All won super bowls and built a dynasty for years after they splurged in FA

I have no expectations going into this FA signing period, but now that I see the contracts going out, I'm starting to wish we were more active. We have holes on the O-Line and could use upgrades in different spots. To see some of these solid Lineman getting less than 9 mil a year makes me wish we would have jumped in on one of them. Eugene Monroe would be a huge upgrade on our line. Even these DB's are going for less than I thought. Nothing against Gilmore or Leodis, but I'll take Verner any day of the week.

The sky is not falling and I'm not angry, but I'm just surprised at how low the market is and I feel like we are missing out on some good deals that could only make us better

I can understand your annoyance, but I cannot understand your surprise.

I mean did you really expect this leopard to change its spots this offseason?

Did you really buy into the notion that Whaley was going to be any different? I realize, blah-blah-blah, it's all Littman's et al's doing, but hasn't that then been the case for years?

There's one event that might change things, until that happens, que sera sera. and we know what that is and will continue to be.

What makes you so sure Buffalo isn't reaching out to some of these players? One can speculate, sure, but none of us really know what is going on behind closed doors.

Come on, if they are we know that it's with lowball offers.

Given this new stance on the chasm between now Whaley/Marrone, and Littman & Co., I'm curious why they spent all that cash on Mario. Or Fitz, or any number of other players.

Clearly they've spent money at times, the problem has always been that they spend it on the wrong players, usually obviously players not nearly worth what we give them.

The counterargument is that we have to overpay, but if we'd offered that money to other better players that got less elsewhere, why wouldn't they have taken it? Again, rhetorical.

Bills just need to get a solid guard and maybe Brandon Spikes. Then fill WR and OT in the draft. Resigning Byrd would be nice too, which is still not likely, but chances do seem to be improving.

Byrd and the Bills "resigned" each other when Aaron Williams signed an extension.

It's not about the big splash.

It was re: Mario several seasons ago, that's exactly what it was all about.

The problem with this team is not that they don't ever spend money on players, they do, but when you give the biggest contracts to mediocre players like Fitzpatrick, Dockery, Walker, Tripplett, and then give players like Spencer Johnson, Dwan Edwards, and Kawika Mitchell nearly 20M apiece, well, you're not exactly setting the pace.

This org needs far better talent evaluators, it's not all the admin's side of the FO's fault.