Bring in Bush!

I always liked Bush as a player not on a woman! He would be good to bring in on the cheap for a third downer. Isn't McFadden available as well? Both have injury concerns though. I wouldn't hate the idea.

Edited by snamsnoops

I'm on board with bringing in a short-yardage back to take some of the pounding that Freddie usually absorbs.

Bush would fill that role, as would a guy like Jonathan Dwyer or Anthony Dixon.

That said, I suspect we'll be drafting a younger back in the 4th or 5th round.

I'm on board with bringing in a short-yardage back to take some of the pounding that Freddie usually absorbs.

ill give a general "yes" to all of these thoughts. i thought tolbert wouldve been a perfect under the radar high value guy for us last year in the second week of free agency (if not for his desire to go home to carolina), and got some "weird looks" around here because we had spiller/freddy already.

My Choice is no Bush. Pun intended. 3 years in a row with under 4 yards per carry on a team with a better offensive line than Buffalo is not inspiring.

Chicago has a terrible O-line. It is not better than Buffalo. Michael bush i could go wither way on. if they sign him graet, if they dont, I am not too upset about it. Average to good RB's are a dime a dozen, IMO

There are very few elite backs. Peterson may be the only guy I say is tryuly elite.

Yep, i’d rather them draft a RB because, 1. I think the RB they could draft will be better in the long run. 2. FredEx can’t play forever (I don’t think…). Rather have a young guy to develop w/Fred around to teach him so he’s ready to flourish when he retires. Get a vet and they will be replacing that vet soon.

Andre Williams out of BC would be good.

Edited by purple haze

Yep, i’d rather them draft a RB because, 1. I think the RB they could draft will be better in the long run. 2. FredEx can’t play forever (I don’t think…). Rather have a young guy to develop w/Fred around to teach him so he’s ready to flourish when he retires. Get a vet and they will be replacing that vet soon.

Andre Williams out of BC would be good.

+1 especially if he falls to the 3rd Round. Drafting a good RB as high as the 3rd might also make sense because Spiller is gone after this year. If the FO won't pay top bucks for the best DB on the team, no way are they going to shell out for 2nd best RB.

Chicago? I don't think so.

And your assessment is based on what exactly? Looking at sacks taken, the Bills took 48 sacks last year, which ranks them at 29th overall in the NFL. Chicago took only 30, which puts them at 2nd overall. If you want to look at running game, Buffalo averaged 4.2 YPC. That puts them solidly at 14th in the NFL. Bears however averaged 4.5 YPC which puts them 7th. There offensive line WAS BETTER and Bush didn't do squat with his opportunities there. That's precisely why I say no to him.

And your assessment is based on what exactly? Looking at sacks taken, the Bills took 48 sacks last year, which ranks them at 29th overall in the NFL. Chicago took only 30, which puts them at 2nd overall. If you want to look at running game, Buffalo averaged 4.2 YPC. That puts them solidly at 14th in the NFL. Bears however averaged 4.5 YPC which puts them 7th. There offensive line WAS BETTER and Bush didn't do squat with his opportunities there. That's precisely why I say no to him.

You can't look at strictly sacks and YPC to grade a line. It also depends on who the the QB and who is the RB. A veteran QB is probably better at sensing pressure and getting rid of the ball than ours, for example. I know the Chicago O-Line was far better this year than it was the previous two, but I also know that Bush was more limited this year because of Forte's stellar play and better health.

I would've welcomed Bush last time he was a FA, but like alot of posters said under 4ypc with Chicago's improved line isn't very inspiring. Plus I would imagine he gets in the neighborhood of 1.5-2.5 million per year and why pay that when you can spend a late round pick on a RB with upside and pay him half.

Btw, not sure if it's been discussed on the board, but the Bills were the first to interview Andre Williams(Boston State) at the combine and are said to apparently be interested. So I'd at least say they are open to drafting one late=) Back to good old Bush discussion.