Browns to sign Whitner

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering if Whitner ever did a wrap-up tackle in SF. I never saw him do one as a Bill. It was always an attempt to make like a missile and knock the guy off his feet, never to wrap up and bring the guy down like everyone's taught in midgets. So a player who can absorb the shot and stay on his feet will be able to recover and get big yards after contact. Does hiring Whitner make sense for the Browns? Ask yourself, would it make sense for the Bills? Get an aging pretty good player and use a lot of cash, preventing development of younger players who need playing time to mature.

Rumor is a 4yr $28M deal.

/giggle

Donte cashing in on the Day 1 madness.

Why is there a FA Donte Whitner thread on here? Is this where bitterness meets hubris?

We like to keep tabs on our top 10 picks around here! :lol:

I thought that there was a Byrd FA thread already. :beer:

The great thing about a message board is that if you see a thread that you are not interested in because you feel it is not relevant or otherwise, you may choose not to post in it, or even open it.

You only seem concerned about certain threads. Specifically, this one. There's always threads about former bills players and free agents...especially at the opening of free agency.

Most Whitner threads are filled with bitterness. I was making a joke about that fact. You seem concerned that I might be "concerned" and that is kind of funny. KD in CT seemed to get my vibe. Cheer up dude. There is a 100+ page thread of schizophrenia about Byrd that needs your immediate attention if bias detection is your thing. :beer:

Is this 28 million dollars or 28 million doll hairs?

It's going to be funny seeing lil donte being asked to actually make plays. He can't just run around and jump on piles and think he's good like he did in San Fran.

He had an excellent season last year - the best of his career. He was definitely above average at his position.

So they let ward and dqwell go and replaced them with whitner and dansby, each for more money?

It seems.... Not as productive as some of the talking heads today are making it sound. Greenberg was calling it one of the best first days on mike and mike this morning, and acting like they were adding players to an elite defense instead of replacing losses.