Browns to sign Whitner

Lets see how he pans out being on defense without 5 other all-pros. I think he's going to struggle mightily, but I guess we will see.

Cleveland actually has a talented defense (9th overall last year) ,and their coach is an excellent defensive coach. It's not like he's going to a bad squad.

So they let ward and dqwell go and replaced them with whitner and dansby, each for more money?

It seems.... Not as productive as some of the talking heads today are making it sound. Greenberg was calling it one of the best first days on mike and mike this morning, and acting like they were adding players to an elite defense instead of replacing losses.

I love Dansby (provided he still can run). Great player.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland actually has a talented defense (9th overall last year) ,and their coach is an excellent defensive coach. It's not like he's going to a bad squad.

I love Dansby (provided he still can run). Great player.

Not knocking dansby as much as saying is it worth cutting Jackson, a locker room leader and also a good player in order to go sign dansby who is turning 33 this season to a deal worth as much as he got? I like dansby but is it spinning the wheels more than the step forward?

I'll be curious to see dansby in pettines defense as we were interested last year.

Wow. $7.5M a year?

The Browns must like burning money because thats such a waste.

CBF

To go along with their burning franchise. Really, I have no issue with Whitner. He's not the best or the worst and I think he really wants to be there. But the Browns didn't get better, yet, in FA. They got older and filled holes they created themselves by cutting D'Qwell and letting TJ Ward walk (for NO compensation - ahhhhhh the horror! lol.) I do think Dansby is a better fit for Pettine's D because he is an effective blitzer. I would hope they still draft a MLB because paying Dansby that much at his age on a team that is rebuilding is an interesting call. Edited by YoloinOhio