Bills to pull out of Toronto deal per Mark Gaughan

You WNY residents better buy some more season tickets and sell out all 8 games this season. OBD stepped up now you need to reward them with dollars.

Let me remind you that this team has been rewarded from this community to include county and state tax dollars from the get go.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having trouble posting link from my phone. This is per mark gaughan of buffalo news on twitter

All 8 games at the ralph this year

@JeremyWGR: WGR has learned the #Bills will not play in Toronto this year. The series is not totally dead (*yet), more details later

Yeaaaaa this plus the A. Williams extention

This made my day today. Great news.

Maybe things HAVE changed.

But we need some more tho

People from Buffalo can’t stand Toronto or they can’t stand the Leafs? That’s two different things. I know some folks from Toronto. I haven’t heard anyone bad mouth Buffalo. Not that there aren’t those that might. I don’t think there is any real friction between the cities. Seems more like a good storyline for journalists to make up and create some type of rivalry. Most folks from either city probably couldn’t care less about the other in any meaningful way. And when I go to the Ralph I always meet a lot of folks from Ontario.

It's a hockey thing. People in Toronto will never root for a Buffalo team, simply because they are from Buffalo. The hockey hatred carries over.

According to CBSSPORTS. com Jason La Canfora believes its only a matter of time before the Bills are playing in Toronto on a regular basis. :death:

http://www.cbssports...series-for-2014

The Toronto Bills...

Buffalo fans, buying season tickets this year isn't going to stop all that money up north from buying the team when Wilson passes. There are so many entities that want an NFL team, and that have so much more money then local folks, and think they could pull off a Jerry Jones by turning this franchise into a 2 billion dollar Org.

Lets not forget that good old Ralphie has already stated the sale of the team goes to the highest bidder. He already bought his way into the HoF, so what does he care if western NY hates him when he is gone.

Of course they'll leave. Why bother taking a hit for 1 of the luckiest 32 cities in North America that can't or won't be bothered sell out 7 games a year.

It's a hockey thing. People in Toronto will never root for a Buffalo team, simply because they are from Buffalo. The hockey hatred carries over.

This year, the Leafs-Sabres played on Friday in Buffalo and Leafs fans threw beer cans at the Sabres and it was a hate filled night............And, then they're supposed to turn around two days later and root for Buffalo? Haha

Hah, this is how low Bills' fans expectations have fallen. Now they're just happy to have all their home games played in their home stadium.

exactly. as if having home field advantage for half the games is a luxury in the nfl. the stockholm complex is so engrained in some fans that having a disadvantage reversed to parity with every other franchise is now considered an advantage.

exactly. as if having home field advantage for half the games is a luxury in the nfl. the stockholm complex is so engrained in some fans that having a disadvantage reversed to parity with every other franchise is now considered an advantage.

Who said it was a luxury? Are fans wrong to be excited about parity once again? Again, who said it was now an advantage? Haven't seen anything of the sort in this thread.

So, if you have cancer, and then you go for an important check-up and they say you are now cancer free, what is your reaction? "Who cares - now I'm just the same as everybody else without cancer!"

So, if you have cancer, and then you go for an important check-up and they say you are now cancer free, what is your reaction? "Who cares - now I'm just the same as everybody else without cancer!"

And when the doctor sends the Bill for getting you cancer free. Your reaction, is why do I have to pay this Canada has free Health care!

The Recaptured game must be a sell out in order to kill the TO series.

Let me remind you that this team has been rewarded from this community to include county and state tax dollars from the get go.

Thanks. Here is some more irrelevant information: The sky is usually Blue during the daylight hours.

Who said it was a luxury? Are fans wrong to be excited about parity once again? Again, who said it was now an advantage? Haven't seen anything of the sort in this thread.

responding to "obd stepped up and now you have to reward them with dollars". i'm saying there's no need to reward corporate behavior that is the norm for every other franchise. to require extra payment for this move implies it's extraordinary when in fact having 9 road games a year is the only thing that's extraordinary.

i see the analogy as more: the doctor was increasing my risk of cancer with all the unnecessary xrays. now he's not. gee, thanks. i don't yet have cancer. hopefully, he won't start ordering unnecessary xrays again.

According to CBSSPORTS. com Jason La Canfora believes its only a matter of time before the Bills are playing in Toronto on a regular basis. :death:

The Toronto Bills...

Buffalo fans, buying season tickets this year isn't going to stop all that money up north from buying the team when Wilson passes. There are so many entities that want an NFL team, and that have so much more money then local folks, and think they could pull off a Jerry Jones by turning this franchise into a 2 billion dollar Org.

Lets not forget that good old Ralphie has already stated the sale of the team goes to the highest bidder. He already bought his way into the HoF, so what does he care if western NY hates him when he is gone.

I'm confused, you talk about LaCanfora then link to a Will Brenson article that doesn't mention anything that you are talking about. Bit odd.

I'm confused, you talk about LaCanfora then link to a Will Brenson article that doesn't mention anything that you are talking about. Bit odd.

I thought it was just me!

i see the analogy as more: the doctor was increasing my risk of cancer with all the unnecessary xrays. now he's not. gee, thanks. i don't yet have cancer. hopefully, he won't start ordering unnecessary xrays again.

Oh, the TO series was a cancer and not an X-Ray all right.

Truth is, good teams win at home and find a way to win on the road and at "neutral" sites.

What i got out of the interview......

Holy **** we lost Byrd, we better announce this now to save face!

Timing just seems odd to me is all. Almost like this was planned way in advance.

Im happy, but just seems odd to me.

In two years, the Toronto series will be back, but there will be new uniforms. :beer: Go Bills!

The Toronto Bills...

So why was it so important for the Bills to establish Toronto as part of their market? Because if/when the Bills move to Toronto there will be no relocation fee. For all we know the fix may already be in to move to Toronto and they have 6 years or so to build a stadium.

PTR

I clicked the link in your post that you quoted, and it took me right to the article by La Canfora.

So why was it so important for the Bills to establish Toronto as part of their market? Because if/when the Bills move to Toronto there will be no relocation fee. For all we know the fix may already be in to move to Toronto and they have 6 years or so to build a stadium.

PTR

If they even end up in Toronto, as La Confora stated that London wants a team, and LA will get two teams. I highly doubt Buffalo Has an NFL team in the next five years. Edited by FeartheLosing