Barry Switzer's at it again

you really don't think Manziel was a distraction to his team, especially at the being of the year?

Yeah, winning 5 our of 6 games (and watching him destroy Alabama in the one loss) in that season opening stretch was clear evidence that they were too distracted to play football.

you really don't think Manziel was a distraction to his team, especially at the being of the year?

No, I think the players probably felt like they were playing with someone important. And he was winning, so the coaches should have been just fine.

What an ass. And I am not white not that it matters but that is ridiculous to say.

It doesn't matter. Ridiculous...is ridiculous. The faster that we can all agree on the definition of ridiculous, the better off we will be. But, that also requires that we all agree that telling the truth, is superior to worrying about what may "offend".

And, Barry Switzer saying "I've had some renegades" is hilarious.

The man is the prototypical, completely corrupt good old boy. He's a walking, talking, seterotype, which makes the irony of his statments quite pleasing.

The best is him talking about intuition. Analytics is the death of intuition, just like PR was the death of advertising.

I guess he forgot about Troy Aikman, whom he did recruit btw.

Actually he knew Aikman wasn't a fit for the system he was running and after Aikman broke his leg, he helped facilitate Aikmans move to UCLA. As for as the rest bashing him, I didn't read anything from Switzer that wasn't correct.

Was Switzer's point of view ever relevant? He was a validation of Jimmy Johnson's collection of talent... an (almost) English speaking version of a crap flinging monkey with a team on autopilot... more social experiment than coach. How 'bout dem Cowboyz.

"This guy has got a little crap in his neck" LOL

Best line of article. I cracked up reading that. Never heard it before , but i think i might use it.

But he used it correctly.

Switzer is a character for sure !