Jason Peters, Eagle for life (apparently)

dave mcbride

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me thats a joke and Peters didnt really say that

CBF

Why not? They didn’t pay him what he felt he was worth and the Eagles did. From his point of view it’s understandable. That being said, he’s irrelevant. Nobody should get worked up over him. Bills have a good, young LT with a seemingly better temperament. Onward and upward.

Edited by purple haze

Why not? They didn’t pay him what he felt he was worth and the Eagles did. From his point of view it’s understandable. That being said, he’s irrelevant. Nobody should get worked up over him. Bills have a good, young LT with a seemingly better temperament. Onward and upward.

I don't care about Peters anymore, but would it kill him to show some class toward the organization that signed him as a UDFA and gave him a chance?

Who is Big Red?

No idea - his agent?

I don't care about Peters anymore, but would it kill him to show some class toward the organization that signed him as a UDFA and gave him a chance?

No idea - his agent?

...and paid him millions for a period of time.

Yes, he got what he wanted in Philly, but CB97's earlier post is fairly accurate and this was not a guy who was trying to make due on the League minimum at the time. I believe his average was about 3.5 million at the time he left...deserved more(?) sure, but overall he handled things very poorly.

I'm all for NFL players gettign every cent they can get because there is no loyalty in the NFL. But there's a way to handle your business like a professional. You don't ignore the organizational phone calls. you don't let yourself get out of shape, putting your teammates' health at sake. He's a godo player but comments like that make him one of the few ex Bills I don't like.

And I'll take a guy like Eric Wood, the guy we got, and Cordy Glenn over Peters all day. Screw him.

I'm all for NFL players gettign every cent they can get because there is no loyalty in the NFL. But there's a way to handle your business like a professional. You don't ignore the organizational phone calls. you don't let yourself get out of shape, putting your teammates' health at sake. He's a godo player but comments like that make him one of the few ex Bills I don't like.

And I'll take a guy like Eric Wood, the guy we got, and Cordy Glenn over Peters all day. Screw him.

i agree. i havent beat up byrd for his situation, but i dont like peters one bit.

So let me get this straight

- Jason Peters was an undrafted tight end who the bills saw promise in and brought in......if not for that he might have NEVER made a roster as being an undrafted free agent is a complete crap shoot that anyone will take notice of you

but the bills did

- Then the bills brought him along....allowed him to mature into the good player that he is.....gave him a contract extension along the way

Now he wants to thank his agent for "getting him out of buffalo"

Glad he is gone.....VERY glad he is gone

- Jason Peters was an undrafted tight end who the bills saw promise in and brought in......if not for that he might have NEVER made a roster as being an undrafted free agent is a complete crap shoot that anyone will take notice of you

but the bills did

- Then the bills brought him along....allowed him to mature into the good player that he is.....gave him a contract extension along the way

to the first part, he wasnt mike jasper, he was a well known guy that was getting a decent shot wherever he landed if he was willing to work.

i dont like the guy, but he had a shot at the nfl and made a ton out of it (and we tried to get by on the cheap a little). i dont like how he handles his life or the type of person he was but to some degree he took a shot on buffalo too and im sure an outsider could say neither side handled the situation great.

that said, ill again say i dont like him.

Edited by NoSaint

but the bills did

if I had Twitter. And I actually ever decided to tweet something. I'd remind that fat slob of where he came from. Never forget where you came from.