Who is your "I knew we should have drafted him" pick??

Wait - the title of the thread is I knew we should have drafted him................But, all anybody is saying is who they want to draft in 2014.

I withdraw my Haloti Ngata submission. It makes no sense. He's too old to draft in the first round this year.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My player of the present is going to be West Virginia's RB Charles Sims. There you have it, I sure do hope that the Bills take him in the 3rd rd, no later than the 4th.

Love Sims. He's got that great gliding running style. Plus speed. Plus hands. I would be stoked if they could draft him in the 3rd or 4th. I would think he'd go mid-second through mid-third.

Edited by Last Guy on the Bench

Wait - the title of the thread is I knew we should have drafted him................But, all anybody is saying is who they want to draft in 2014.

I withdraw my Haloti Ngata submission. It makes no sense. He's too old to draft in the first round this year.

ohhh quit yer bitchin'......:). I want to know who you would say "I knew we should have drafted that guy" next year just like we all said about Russ Wilson or Richard Sherman this year.

A lot of people are mentioning Skov, but what about Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford? During the season, he was mentioned as a borderline first rounder; now I hear nothing. Love his game, though, and would love to see the Bills draft him. Probably will go to the Pats, though.

Edited by mannc

ohhh quit yer bitchin'...... :). I want to know who you would say "I knew we should have drafted that guy" next year just like we all said about Russ Wilson or Richard Sherman this year.

Then I really look stupid with Haloti Ngata! I just replied to the question and only skimmed your OP. I should get into reading comprehension!

A lot of people are mentioning Skov, but what about Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford? During the season, he was mentioned as a borderline first rounder; now I hear nothing. Love his game, though, and would love to see the Bills draft him. Probably will go to the Pats, though.

I've seen mocks with him going in the 1st.

Then I really look stupid with Haloti Ngata! I just replied to the question and only skimmed your OP. I should get into reading comprehension!

I've done the same on other threads. :thumbsup:

Avery Patterson will be a steal for someone.

http://youtu.be/mK9csppV-Ls

Damn, he brings some size. Nice.

Damn, he brings some size. Nice.

Actually, he doesn't, which is why he might not even be drafted. :thumbsup: He also tore his ACL his junior year, which is another knock, although he had a pretty solid season this year.

Different sites have different measurements, but he's somewhere in the 5'9"-5'10" range and 180-190lbs. Obviously plays bigger than his size tho.

Aaron Murray. QB. Georgia. If you can get me a QB who completes more than 63% of his passes in the SEC and throws for 13,000 yards AND you can get him in the 4th on down, I don't care how tall he is. I think you want someone better than Tuel in the hole to develop in case EJ falters. I sincerely believe that QB will come this year in the 4th round. Maybe 5th.

I concur with this.

I'm not saying that we should give up on E.J., but it would not be a bad idea too bring another QB into the mix.

Murray is a proven QB and is a definite NFL project. The knee injury will scare a lot of teams away, but as a later round pick, I think he'd be worth it.

Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson he has the size speed and inexperience to grow and become a great receiver he was behind two great college players. This shows there is depth in the WR corps and no need to reach early.

Victor Hampton is one more. Candidly, I know nothing about the guy but thought that he looked great in his workout, fast and fluid.

He could be a solid depth CB. As a SC fan I am usually high on Gamecocks players, but not EVERY Gamecocks player.

I was very high on Gilmore and Jeffery. I loved DJ Swearinger last year, but knew he wasn't a fit for the Bills considering his draft stock and their needs.

Hampton's 40 time was a little iffy, but he can definitely play. He's nowhere near as good as Gilmore was at SC, but he could develop into a solid depth playerIMO

Bryan Orakpo. He seemed like the obvious choice at #11, then they go with Maybin, I was like What. The. !@#$.

And honest to goodness, Russell Wilson. I was screaming at the TV for the Bills to pick him in round 3, instead we get TJ Graham, yay.

Also, I thought DeSean Jackson was the obvious choice in the second round of 2008, instead they pick James Hardy.... that was head scratcher.

Another one that stings is missing out on Julius Peppers. Carolina picked 2nd and the Bills 4th in 2002. Now, In week 13th of the 2001 season, a 1-12 Panthers team faced the 1-11 Bills. All the Bills had to do was lose that game and they get the inside track to the #2 pick, Julius Peppers. Carolina was up 24-6 half-way through the game.... but then the Bills rattle off 3 straight scores and win by 1 point.... and as a reward for our heroics we end up with Mike Williams.