Has anyone new risen to top 8

....lybob

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, but I wonder if the combine has pushed anyone new in contention for the top 8 spots, thinking primarily of Aaron Donald, Justin Gilbert, Derick Carr- thoughts?

I think Donald improved his stock a lot at the combine, but would be shocked to see him go in the top 8, due to the teams selecting there. Gilbert should be the 1st or 2nd CB taken but I think that will be mid-1st at earliest. I really don't know what will happen with Carr.. QB position always overvalued and a wild card. I don't see him going in the top 8 but you never know with the Browns.

I am always more interested in the week after the combine on what comes out. Who's momma mighta been whorin' or who's been smokin da ganja or who scored 3 points better then a potato/Vince Young on the wonderlic.

That's when you may see some guys slide in to top 8 potential, but the top 8 players are pretty much locked.

Just curious, but I wonder if the combine has pushed anyone new in contention for the top 8 spots, thinking primarily of Aaron Donald, Justin Gilbert, Derick Carr- thoughts?

the 3 QBs, clowney, Robinson, Mack, Mathews, and Watkins. I don't think anything changed there.

I should add, guys like Lewan, Ebron, gilbert, and Evans made a case for being top 10 picks.

I am always more interested in the week after the combine on what comes out. Who's momma mighta been whorin' or who's been smokin da ganja or who scored 3 points better then a potato/Vince Young on the wonderlic.

That's when you may see some guys slide in to top 8 potential, but the top 8 players are pretty much locked.

Yea, I think the skill positions shouldn't be too crazy but the qbs could be big wildcards that shift around still.

If anyone did move into the top 8 my guess would be it's Gilbert...

He's going to be the top rated CB, and he's a real solid prospect with good size, speed, athleticism, instincts, etc...IF a team decides they want a potential shut down CB Gilbert could certainly move up a few spots and land in the top 8... B-)

Yea, I think the skill positions shouldn't be too crazy but the qbs could be big wildcards that shift around still.

my big thing was Mike Sam. I was curious what comes out immediately - no pun intended - on teams that shyed away or met with him. Although, some PC rule says every team had to see him.

Best thing was that I am stronger and faster then he is and I need to check my broad and very jumps.

my big thing was Mike Sam. I was curious what comes out immediately - no pun intended - on teams that shyed away or met with him. Although, some PC rule says every team had to see him.

Best thing was that I am stronger and faster then he is and I need to check my broad and very jumps.

It's not a PC rule that every team had to see him. It's called doing due diligence about your job and being a professional. You may be stronger and faster but you are half the man he is.

It's not a PC rule that every team had to see him. It's called doing due diligence about your job and being a professional. You may be stronger and faster but you are half the man he is.

odd to say the bolded. might want to rethink how cruel that actually is to say to someone you don't know anything about.

Anyway. I was curious if teams would purposely interview him to make it look like they are LBGFMFJHFT friendly.

odd to say the bolded. might want to rethink how cruel that actually is to say to someone you don't know anything about.

Anyway. I was curious if teams would purposely interview him to make it look like they are LBGFMFJHFT friendly.

Don’t think they need to prove anything. Most prospects from the combine meet with all the teams at some point formally or informally; if not at the combine by the time the draft comes around. It’s the scouts and GM’s job to do this. Due diligence.

Edited by purple haze

This doesn't answer your specific question but this is a decent recap (one guy's opinon) of winners & losers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-draft-scouting-combine-winners-losers-210705363--nfl.html

Comparing the intelligence of Vince Young to a potato is an insult to the potato

Wow! I think we all need to lighten up about this. Jboyst was clearly joking around. Can't we even jest anymore without worrying about the PC police?

Comparing the intelligence of Vince Young to a potato is an insult to the potato

There was a great gallery on cnnsi the other day that had players and their wonderlic scores. I think that it was Frank Gore that scored a 4 (maybe it was Mo Claiborne). I just started thinking about how I wanted to draft him in fantasy football and name my team "Frank Four." Edited by Kirby Jackson

Wow! I think we all need to lighten up about this. Jboyst was clearly joking around. Can't we even jest anymore without worrying about the PC police?

True it's joking around, but this thread really had nothing to do about Sam (a mid rounder at best) so maybe that joking needed a different thread even though Jboyst seems to like to insert his small humor everywhere indiscriminately (no pun).