Has anyone new risen to top 8

....lybob

with the hype these OT's are getting I can't see them all falling that low. And it might be funny seeing a team trade up to 7 for an RT.

Nothing pisses me off more with regards to the draft than considering any of the three top OT in this draft, all of whom are probably better than any of the OTs from the last draft, RTs. Even if they play their first year or two as a RT, they were drafted to be LTs, and they will most likely become LTs unless they bust. I also get mad at anyone who says that it would be a waste for us to draft a RT in this draft. The only way they would stay a RT is if they are unable to outplay Cordy. Once they start to outplay the LT, they will become the LT. And judging by the skills of the OTs in this draft, that phase in their development should actually come fairly quickly. That's not disrespecting Cordy, that's saying how good these OTs likely will become. Anyone who says that drafting an OT would be a waste because it wouldn't be a difference-making pick is kinda ignorant in my opinion, as you would be getting one of the best OTs in the game and the makings of an absolutely dominant line. Dominant offensive lines are something we've lacked for the past couple decades, and probably explain why we've had so much trouble developing a QB. Even if Manuel isn't the QB of the future for us, we'd at the very least have a line to provide a safety blanket for the next QB we try to develop.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing pisses me off more with regards to the draft than considering any of the three top OT in this draft, all of whom are probably better than any of the OTs from the last draft, RTs. Even if they play their first year or two as a RT, they were drafted to be LTs, and they will most likely become LTs unless they bust. I also get mad at anyone who says that it would be a waste for us to draft a RT in this draft. The only way they would stay a RT is if they are unable to outplay Cordy. Once they start to outplay the LT, they will become the LT. And judging by the skills of the OTs in this draft, that phase in their development should actually come fairly quickly. That's not disrespecting Cordy, that's saying how good these OTs likely will become. Anyone who says that drafting an OT would be a waste because it wouldn't be a difference-making pick is kinda ignorant in my opinion, as you would be getting one of the best OTs in the game and the makings of an absolutely dominant line. Dominant offensive lines are something we've lacked for the past couple decades, and probably explain why we've had so much trouble developing a QB. Even if Manuel isn't the QB of the future for us, we'd at the very least have a line to provide a safety blanket for the next QB we try to develop.

I think that where some of us differ is our opinion of Cordy. The advance metrics say that he was outstanding this year in only his 2nd year. He was by miles the best OL on the team. Glenn could have easily been a pro bowl LT this year and that is where I expect him.

I also believe that all 3 OTs are really good prospects and are LTs. If the Bills were to take one it would not be with the intent of playing the at LT. That is why I am against OT at 9.

Back on the topic though one more guy that I forgot earlier is Aaron Donald. He tested SO well that maybe he continues to climb. The only top 8 team that I could see making that move though is Atlanta at 6. I don't think that it is likely but possible.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I think that where some of us differ is our opinion of Cordy. The advance metrics say that he was outstanding this year in only his 2nd year. He was by miles the best OL on the team. Glenn could have easily been a pro bowl LT this year and that is where I expect him.

I also believe that all 3 OTs are really good prospects and are LTs. If the Bills were to take one it would not be with the intent of playing the at LT. That is why I am against OT at 9.

Back on the topic though one more guy that I forgot earlier is Aaron Donald. He tested SO well that maybe he continues to climb. The only top 8 team that I could see making that move though is Atlanta at 6. I don't think that it is likely but possible.

Okay, I get that. Cordy is very good. I agree. But if you get a second OT, the better one, whichever that is, plays the blind side. If you don't have a second OT, though, like currently do not, what happens when the other team actually has a second good pass rusher? Or, like with Mario Williams, the best pass rusher likes to play against that RT that isn't as good as the LT? Your QB goes down, you can't run the ball well, etc.

I am completely fine with us drafting an OT. Even if Cordy remains awesome and the other LT never surpasses him, if Cordy ends up leaving after his contract is up, we would then have someone to plug in at LT instead of being screwed like we were after Jason Peters. Additionally, the FO has more leverage when Cordy's contract comes up, saying "hey, we don't absolutely need you, we can just plug in this other incredible LT." Then, we have the chance of keeping Cordy long term at a fair price that doesn't keep us from being able to pay anyone else, we have another OT to take care of the other side of the line, and we're set at C with Woods long term, so we just need some serviceable guards and have a great offensive line that can dominate at the line of scrimmage for years to come. How is that a bad thing, or not game-changing? Dominating the line of scrimmage is game changing at its most basic, even if it's not what you see in the replays.