Red Bryant to be released

mrags

Seattle lucked out because they have a QB on a 3rd round rookie deal and a lot of star players making little money.

Wilson will get a huge new deal after the 2014 season. Combined with all the other big deals they'll be shelling-out, their luck will probably end about the same time.

Russell Wilson is pretty good he hasn't yet been asked to carry his team like Rodgers, Manning & Brees

True, but that won't stop him from demanding $20M/year.

I think you will see him re-sign with the team. According to the article he was playing less than 30 snaps a game and making 8.5 million. That isn't really a shocking cut.

It will probably depend on what he's offered in FA.

I don't think that's luck...I think that's good Drafting...

True, but guys like Sherman and Chancellor were 5th rounders and SB MVP Malcolm Smith was a 7th rounder, and if they really knew how good they would be, they wouldn't have waited that long to take them. As for Wilson, Seahawks' GM John Schneider said that they took Wilson in the 3rd because they knew the Bills really liked him and wanted him in the 4th. :doh:

Peyton Manning makes more than Russel Wilson + Cam Chancellor + Richard Sherman + the Super Bowl MVP. Something has got to give on the Seahawks sooner than later.

Sherman and Thomas are due for big raises this off-season, like in the $10M/year range. And Malcolm Smith might be looking for a nice pay raise as well.

Apparently they are already offloading contracts to overpay for their below elite QB that will demand way too much money in the near future.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000328555/article/seattle-seahawks-strongly-considering-releasing-red-bryant

Seattle can't extend Wilson until next offseason so I don't see how this has anything to do with him

Cutting Bryant is more about trying to resign Bennett then anything else

Seattle can't extend Wilson until next offseason so I don't see how this has anything to do with him

Cutting Bryant is more about trying to resign Bennett then anything else

That is what they say.

I dont think he adds anything for the Bills to consider.

Speaking of Carrington ?

For those that say it has nothing to do with the resigning of Wilson. I say your batchit crazy. They are looking at saving 8+ million this year. That's a way to start planning for the obscene contract that Wilson and others like Sherman are going to demand within another year. It might not do anything for Wilson's contract this year, but it frees up money for other avenues to plan ahead.

Clearly Seattle are already thinking longer term. What are the key pieces? I agree with those that say Russell Wilson is somewhat overrated on this board, but there is no question he is a key piece to Seattle, a young quarterback who is a good leader, a dual threat, avoids the big mistake and can make clutch plays.

Then they look at someone like Michael Bennett who has been an excellent pick up in terms of increasing their QB pressures and he is a key piece. I would let all the receivers walk... they've cut Rice, I wouldn't be giving Tate big bucks and I'd let Baldwin (who I think is an RFA?) go as well. The strength of that team is the defense, therefore that's where you invest your money. They have also tied a lot of cash up in Percy Harvin as a "do everything" weapon on the offense and special teams. Therefore, keep your defense together and draft offensive guys... unless you find an "elite" receiver or tight end then I'd keep letting them walk at the end of their rookie deals rather than paying them because I'd want to pay my defense.