Jairus Byrd [was Jarius Byrd]

It's not a holdout if he hasn't signed the deal.

If he hasn't signed the deal after being tagged, then he will not be playing nfl football in 2014 for anybody and will be getting paid $00,0000.00 . If he signed the deal, then he gets his entire salary, even if he sits out the entire year because his footsies hurt. Sorry, we do not really have any control over the situation.

It's not a holdout if he hasn't signed the deal.

If he hasn't signed the deal after being tagged, then he will not be playing nfl football in 2014 for anybody and will be getting paid $00,0000.00 . If he signed the deal, then he gets his entire salary, even if he sits out the entire year because his footsies hurt. Sorry, we do not really have any control over the situation.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would love to see Red Bryant. Here in Cbus they have Brady Quinn on the radio on Mondays and he was talking about what a player and big-time leader he was in Seattle. He said he is so intense. Different than Mario, and I love Mario, but we need a guy like that. Plus he is very effective against the run and would fit nicely here, I believe.

If they were to pull that off, the defense would take a big step forward regardless of who is playing safety.

I see the Bills playoff hopes for 2014 hinging on the QB position, not the FS spot. If the Bills were already a playoff team, tagging and playing him makes a ton of sense. Coming off a 6-10 streak, why pay ANY player 8.3 million just for them to leave at the end of the season? I think that the point of the contract impasse is becoming crystal clear. Byrd will refuse anything the Bills offer him until he can openly compare it to the rest of the league's offers and chose where he plays and for how much. Byrd gets one shot in his LIFETIME to capitalize on the NFL to this extent. It's silly to sit back and expect the players of your favorite team to kill themselves on a football field while you sit around getting hammered, just for them to go soft in the game of life. None of us has any skin in this game. If it is true that the Bills were offering Redskin type money to Byrd, then I would also have to assume that they will direct that money to FA and some of the players on the roster younger than 27. What will Byrd really be worth in 2018? Let the market for him happen and move forward.

I think you Franchise him. Give yourself until Camp to work a signing and trade.

Then if it really is that bad you can rescind the tag and let him walk in August, after all the FA money is spent.

There is zero risk for The Bills to use the tag.

I think you Franchise him. Give yourself until Camp to work a signing and trade.

Then if it really is that bad you can rescind the tag and let him walk in August, after all the FA money is spent.

holy crap. Someone gets it!

I believe he will sign for less money than anticipated here. He just wants out of Buffalo.

I agree. And more than that, the rhetoric on this board is ridiculous getting all worked up about a player who is 5'11" tall at best. Sure he is a good player. But we haven't won a thing w Jarius Byrd on the roster for the past 5 years. If he doesn't want to sign for what the Bills are offering him, let him walk. Whether Byrd stays or goes will have minimal bearing on how well this team does next season. It all depends on how well our QB's play. Safety's do NOT dominate games in the NFL any longer. We should take the money that Byrd does not want and find some excellent weapons to help our QB play. That includes WR, TE and O line. That is where our money needs to go. Paying Byrd 10 mill/year when he doesn't even want to be here is just plain ludicrous. Lets give the front office a chance to see how they play the upcoming free agency. Whaley is no dummy. I am sure that the Bills have contingency plans for Byrd's leaving. Just way too much talk about a football player who doesn't want to be a Buffalo Bill. Screw him...

I have tried to stay unemotional on this issue, but one question keeps nagging at me: Have Parker and Byrd ever made a counter-offer of any kind, or is Parker's strategy just to say "Hold out and wait for the broader market?" The Bills can't be expected to negotiate with air...

#FreeByrd and use that money to improve the team.

What stage of loss is this? Because you should know very well by now that they will not spend that money to improve the team. Like I said, not sure what stage it is, but after they don't spend that money to improve the team......which doesn't even start until the make up the deficit of losing an All Pro player.....the next step is rationalizing that the money will be used to extend free agents of future offseasons.

What stage of loss is this? Because you should know very well by now that they will not spend that money to improve the team. Like I said, not sure what stage it is, but after they don't spend that money to improve the team......which doesn't even start until the make up the deficit of losing an All Pro player.....the next step is rationalizing that the money will be used to extend free agents of future offseasons.

No, I don't believe that.

The risk is in once you do that( Rescind when the player is basically screwed). You then fire up the arguement as to why no free agents want to sign in Buffalo .You just gave them all the ammunition for against it. Respect goes both ways. Yes it sucks to lose out,but don't compound the problem.

I have tried to stay unemotional on this issue, but one question keeps nagging at me: Have Parker and Byrd ever made a counter-offer of any kind, or is Parker's strategy just to say "Hold out and wait for the broader market?" The Bills can't be expected to negotiate with air...

Apparently they are at a standstill, reported yesterday

Exactly...As long as Byrd does not sign the tender (which we all know he wont because that would force him to show up) the tag can be pulled at any time...

I'm really eager to hear the Bills explanation should they choose not to tag Byrd... B-)

The risk is in once you do that( Rescind when the player is basically screwed). You then fire up the arguement as to why no free agents want to sign in Buffalo .You just gave them all the ammunition for against it. Respect goes both ways. Yes it sucks to lose out,but don't compound the problem.

Correct

There's really no reason to wait until Camp or anything like that...The first week or two of Free Agency will be all they need to know if teams truly are unwilling to give up a decent pick to acquire the right to sign Byrd...Anything beyond that is pretty much useless IMHO because the cash out there will dry up quick... B-)

I'm sure it's been brought up but the Bills offered a contract that would make him the highest paid safety for the first 3 years, front loading the deal at about 30 million over 3 years. He turned it down. The man does not want to be in Buffalo, and the Bills don't want him around for 10 games at 8.7 million. We will need a new safety.

the risk is that you lose the opportunity at potentially a 3rd round comp pick for losing a player likely to go on to a 10m a year contract, if you dont get any trade partners.

Byrd will be a goner, we know it, the Front Office will spin it, the apologists here WILL spin it, and Brandon will keep up with his drivel about being a 'attacking and progressive' organization.

Until Littman and Overdorf AND Ralph are out, this team can NEVER EVER be taken seriously.