Marino, Sharpe done at CBS

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me ESPN's NFL Gameday is still the best around at having any actual game analysis.

CBS is ok but nothing special.

FOX is just a circus. Dumb joke after dumb joke and the guys on the panel are always laughing at every dumb joke. And just how long do we have to put up with that ridiculous robot?

The robots are the worst; I mean what is the point? I am waiting for them to make the ball glow and streak when thrown hard like they did the NHL back in the day. Their news station sucks and so does their sports coverage...

I never liked Howie Long much either, never has/had anything good to say about the Bills still seems bitter about the blowout in the AFC Championship game....

I wonder if sharps opinion when the incognito story surfaced made cbs rethink sharps spot on the show. He was very emotional hearing about how incognito was making racial slurs to Martin. You could see anger all over him. (Which I don't blame him) You could tell the whole cast was like whoa even Brown. But then again I could be wrong. Just an observation

Edited by Iowabillsfan4life

I absolutely love listening to Shannon Sharpe. His shows on Sirius with Bob Papa were classic. "Thath's what I'm talkin bout Papa. Now we're cookin' with Thturno!." Loved it. He was insightful and funny and the lisp made it that much better. Will be sorry to see him go.

I absolutely love listening to Shannon Sharpe. His shows on Sirius with Bob Papa were classic. "Thath's what I'm talkin bout Papa. Now we're cookin' with Thturno!." Loved it. He was insightful and funny and the lisp made it that much better. Will be sorry to see him go.

I thought it was interesting that SS was on Mike and Mike on Monday a.m. This was before everything was announced that he would be gone on CBS. He had some pretty strong opinions on the Incognito/Martin case. I was surprised he was on ESPN radio, usually they stick to guys not affiliated with other networks. But maybe they were setting the stage for him to be joining.

this

i stopped watching pre-game a few yrs ago.

I used to like NFL Countdown with Berman TJ and maybe a few others sprinkled in here and there but haven't been able to watch since they extended to 90 mins and added additional personalities. How many ppl are on that set now, 6 I think? Chris Carter is unlistenable IMO

If I watch any pregame now its fox as at least those guys can be funny but this last year I barely watched any pregame at all. Too many ppl on these shows and not enough talking about the actual games to be played

Highlight shows are even worse now as they barely even show any highlights

Edited by Max997

I used to like NFL Countdown with Berman TJ and maybe a few others sprinkled in here and there but haven't been able to watch since they extended to 90 mins and added additional personalities. How many ppl are on that set now, 6 I think? Chris Carter is unlistenable IMO

If I watch any pregame now its fox as at least those guys can be funny but this last year I barely watched any pregame at all. Too many ppl on these shows and not enough talking about the actual games to be played

Highlight shows are even worse now as they barely even show any highlights

I can't stand Cris Carter. He is so arrogant.

I stopped watching pre-games after Jimmy the Greek left, and anything I want to know I can get on the Internet. Prefer to listen to Bills pregame on radio.

This. It's amazing was passes as a pregame show now. The funny shows aren't funny, the serious shows don't actually tell you anything. With all the info available at the click of a mouse (or more likely a touch of the screen), who needs to listen to a bunch of hacks regurgitate the same talking points week in and week out.

FWIW- rumor seems to be that Dan Marino will be working with the Dolphins front office...remember when he was hired as Vice President (or something like that), and the resigned about 3 weeks later...

I am with the rest of you...I don't think I have sat and watched a pre-game show in at least 10 years, probably a little longer. I normally only see a few minutes each week, at the bar, before game time... I have actually seen very little of Marion or Sharpe... I always thought Marino was okay...and Shannon was just loud...I hate loud.

FWIW- rumor seems to be that Dan Marino will be working with the Dolphins front office...remember when he was hired as Vice President (or something like that), and the resigned about 3 weeks later...

I am with the rest of you...I don't think I have sat and watched a pre-game show in at least 10 years, probably a little longer. I normally only see a few minutes each week, at the bar, before game time... I have actually seen very little of Marion or Sharpe... I always thought Marino was okay...and Shannon was just loud...I hate loud.

I haven't watched it in decades. I'm usually here, or surfing the internet for NFL stuff before games. I think that's what most other NFL fans are doing as well.

I thought Marino was just a well-known, good-looking guy, who spoke pretty well, and was comfortable on camera. He just didn't seem very entertaining, or have anything interesting to say. I honestly can't remember a single opinion he gave, or any kind of "player's perspective" insight he offered. He was just there...

I wish him well, but doubt he would bring anything special to any team's front office beyond PR.

I had wondered if he would go back to that. I was surprised that he quit right away just to be on the stupid pregame show...........How much do the pregame guy make? I would think somebody like Elway makes more, and I'd rather be competing.

But, like you, I don't watch these things, except for a few minutes here or there. Half the games, I'm on my way or at the stadium by then anyway.

And, for a lot of road games, if I'm watching at home, I'm doing some work around the house and listening to the GR pregame.