Stevie Johnson should be dealt addition by subtraction

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole thread is ridiculous! Stevie is by far our best wideout and brings veteran leadership and experience. Removing him front the roster would be a step in the wrong direction.

I have no idea how good of a leader he is.. but it doesn't matter because as long as he isn't a locker room "cancer" not every guy needs to be a "leader." The most important thing to me other than that he is a pretty skilled, is that he has experience. We cannot cut him and replace with a rookie. We would have no experienced WRs on this team with a rookie-ish QB. Just no. Again, unless they have a plan in place to replace him with someone just as good or a veteran, for cheaper, then I can't see it. And frankly, who are they going to get who would be just as good for a cheaper price? The WR FA market is pretty dry. Boldin? Unlikely to leave SF. Decker? More $, another #2. I don't know how much guys like James Jones, Kenny Britt would sign for... but also don't know how much better they are than SJ. Edited by YoloinOhio

For every good catch Steve Johnson makes, he'll have 2 HORRIBLE drops, a disastrous fumble, and some other terrible misdeed that will cost us penalty yards.

JMWO but Stevie AND TJ Graham should go.

If you make a wrong turn, you shouldn't just keep going.

For every good catch Steve Johnson makes, he'll have 2 HORRIBLE drops, a disastrous fumble, and some other terrible misdeed that will cost us penalty yards.

Even as hyperbole that's not even close to being in the vicinity of an accurate statement.

In fact, that's just out-and-out false in every possible way.

What an awful post full of lies.

Lots of Wrs get 8 catches for 115 yards & a td against Richard Sherman & the Seahawks. Can we please get rid of this scrub and free Marcus Easley!!!

He has had 3 fumbles in his whole 6 year career.

Even as hyperbole that's not even close to being in the vicinity of an accurate statement.

Steve Johnson has a propensity for making critical errors (mental, and professional) when games are on the line. Does it happen every down? -No. Has Steve Johnson has productive seasons? -Yes.

Going forward however, the question you should ask is: Does this player have the character, (maturity, leadership ability) to become a true #1 WR, or is he just a very talented distraction.

I've made my choice, and I stand by it. -Show me any stat you want and it won't matter. Stevie's antics have made him an obstruction, instead of an asset. Both him AND TJ can be upgraded this draft as far as I'm concerned.

Steve Johnson has a propensity for making critical errors (mental, and professional) when games are on the line. Does it happen every down? -No. Has Steve Johnson has productive seasons? -Yes.

Going forward however, the question you should ask is: Does this player have the character, (maturity, leadership ability) to become a true #1 WR, or is he just a very talented distraction.

I've made my choice, and I stand by it. -Show me any stat you want and it won't matter. Stevie's antics have made him an obstruction, instead of an asset. Both him AND TJ can be upgraded this draft as far as I'm concerned.

That's fine if that's your opinion...why not just state it without the monstrously-over-the-top hyperbole?

I am all for upgrading in any position - I just don't think we can field a team of rookie and 2nd yr WRs.

So every receiver needs to either be a #1 or cut?

Show you any stat and it won't matter? Well then your mind is made up that you dislike Stevie no matter what. What would be the point in engaging you in a conversation about his talents?

It bothers me tremendously that players have to deal with fans like this. What has he done to deserve this vitriol? Give me an error and or a scenario involving Stevie and I will give you a similar one with a player who I am sure you think is better. Go ahead any situation or scenario that Stevie gets dogged for. I have some time to kill...

as he has 3 fumbles in his career, i suppose that would indicate a mere 3 good catches, but only 6 drops!

OK So we agree to keep him. Yes we made the right choice. TJ? He might not make it out of camp. Wouldn't be surprised if we draft 2 WR or 1 Free Agent and draft 1.

While he might not make it out of camp I think it has seriously been blown out of proportion how bad most here think he is. I think he pays a bit of a price in fans minds because Wilson was taken shortly after him more so than he is as bad as people want to make him out to be. Good? - no. The worst receiver in the league? - no.

While he might not make it out of camp I think it has seriously been blown out of proportion how bad most here think he is. I think he pays a bit of a price in fans minds because Wilson was taken shortly after him more so than he is as bad as people want to make him out to be. Good? - no. The worst receiver in the league? - no.

I agree. He is a whipping boy, much the same as AW was. He may or may not earn a spot in camp based upon who else they bring in... but he was a 3rd rd pick, very fast and only going into his 3rd year so my guess is, at worst, he sees reduced snaps. The added WR coaches and a little more experienced QB may, in fact, help him. Edited by YoloinOhio

I agree. He is a whipping boy, much the same as AW was. He may or may not earn a spot in camp based upon who else they bring in... but he was a 3rd rd pick, very fast and only going into his 3rd year so my guess is, at worst, he sees reduced snaps. The added WR coaches and a little more experienced QB may, in fact, help him.

That's my hope. He went from not suiting up as a rookie to losing time under a coach our HC deemed not up to muster.

I haven't decided he's incapable of playing himself back in.

What an awful post full of lies.

Lots of Wrs get 8 catches for 115 yards & a td against Richard Sherman & the Seahawks. Can we please get rid of this scrub and free Marcus Easley!!!

The problem is that SJ lives on his relatively few spectacular plays while being otherwise average or below average the rest of the time all the while being a distraction and sometimes exhibiting a piss-poor attitude. I would prefer the BILLS to trade him....and then sign Decker with the money they save. Decker has been on a team full of other more highly regarded WRs and he just goes out and does his thing...being productive. And while i don't want the BILLS to simply accept Decker as the answer to all things WR as I would love to see them invest in one either in the 2nd or 3rd round, i personally believe Decker would be a better fit in the long-run than SJ at this point. Not to mention, I'm sick of watching him make crucial fumbles and drop passes in the end zone (Pitt game) while throwing up his arms in the end zone in frustration (KC game)...all in all, he makes some good to great plays, and then he undoes it with his bulls*it and then becomes a story off the field once the game is over....no thanks. Just give me a WR who loves the game and leaves it all on the field with his team and has a dependable set of hands....I'll take Decker with the SJ savings thank you and then use my SJ Draft choice I got in return from a trade to add talent to the team....