Should the NFL add 2 more wild card teams?

Donald Duck

Should the NFL expand playoff format? Yes or No  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should the NFL expand our current playoff format?

• Yes, I would like to see another team from each conference added
    • No, If its not broke, don't fix it!

Hate the idea. I like how the NFL has a limited number of playoff spots unlike hockey where half the league gets in

The problem isn't the number of teams that make the playoffs. The problem is 4 teams in each conference get automatic bids for winning a four team division.

Changing from four divisions of 4 teams to two divisions of 8 teams in each conference leaving only 2 automatic bids with next 4 best teams getting playoff spots would basically solve the problem of teams like Arizona not getting in. Yes there would still be a chance of someone getting screwed but there always will be no matter what the format

Edited by Max997

I like it.

But NOT because it gives the Bills a better chance to get in. I dont want the bills to sneak in or back in.

I want the Bills to construct a team that has a legit shot to win the Superbowl. I dont want the goal to be just making the playoffs.

I dont care if 20 teams make the playoffs (like Hockey or something). I only want my team to have a REAL chance to win the Championship, not just make the playoffs.

Dont aim low, OBD.

Edited by maddenboy

Aside from the absurdity of adding more 8-8 or 7-9 teams into the playoffs, this creates a situation where only one team gets a bye in each conference which is way too big an advantage in the one-and-done NFL playoffs.

Of course, it won't be that way for long since they'll add another two teams within 5 years (making it fully half the league that qualifies for the playoffs). At that point, even the perennial 6-10 Bills will have something to play for in December.

Too many teams who don't deserve to be in the playoffs already make it (see 2010 Seahawks and 2011 Broncos). If they added one more playoff team this past year the Steelers would have made it and I just don't feel like they played a season that was deserving of a playoff spot.

I had to vote no given the way it was laid out. Good question Doggy but I do not know if it is that simple.

I do not think it is fair a 9-7 team gets in to the playoffs when a 10-6 or 11-5 team will miss out. Those teams that are 9-7 seldom have the talent and the ability to succeed in the playoffs and despite the games being more appealing due to obvious implications it is just not worth it to see a team like Pittsburgh, NYJ, Chicago, Baltimore or Miami make the playoffs. Maybe Arizona is the only example of a team that may have deserved a 2013 playoff nod, having a record better then Green Bay and equal to Phili. But, that just makes the regular season games that much more appealing. You have to bring it every Sunday with 16 games or end up odd man out, 3rd in your division and outside looking in.

It would be nice to have more playoff games, but it has to be looked at as an entire package. One team added to the playoffs... I might could dig that. But, did we really want to see Pittsburgh play Cincinnati or Indy in the playoffs?

Too many teams who don't deserve to be in the playoffs already make it (see 2010 Seahawks and 2011 Broncos). If they added one more playoff team this past year the Steelers would have made it and I just don't feel like they played a season that was deserving of a playoff spot.

I see your point, but I think the Steelers should have made it. They came on strong at the end of the year. They would not be an easy out in the Playoffs (same as San Diego). I like the idea, and don't care if 1/2 of the teams make it. Hockey does this. You can surprise teams once in the Playoffs. I don't want 1/2 of the teams in, but I think the current idea is great.

I had to vote no given the way it was laid out. Good question Doggy but I do not know if it is that simple.

I do not think it is fair a 9-7 team gets in to the playoffs when a 10-6 or 11-5 team will miss out. Those teams that are 9-7 seldom have the talent and the ability to succeed in the playoffs and despite the games being more appealing due to obvious implications it is just not worth it to see a team like Pittsburgh, NYJ, Chicago, Baltimore or Miami make the playoffs. Maybe Arizona is the only example of a team that may have deserved a 2013 playoff nod, having a record better then Green Bay and equal to Phili. But, that just makes the regular season games that much more appealing. You have to bring it every Sunday with 16 games or end up odd man out, 3rd in your division and outside looking in.

It would be nice to have more playoff games, but it has to be looked at as an entire package. One team added to the playoffs... I might could dig that. But, did we really want to see Pittsburgh play Cincinnati or Indy in the playoffs?

Yes. Would rather have seen PIT v. Cincy over SD play anyone. But then SD won its first playoff game, after arguably "backing in" via a missed FG. The expanded system might also make the last game of the season worth more as more teams fight to get in, and for home field. Less teams like KC sitting their starters.

I see your point, but I think the Steelers should have made it. They came on strong at the end of the year. They would not be an easy out in the Playoffs (same as San Diego). I like the idea, and don't care if 1/2 of the teams make it. Hockey does this. You can surprise teams once in the Playoffs. I don't want 1/2 of the teams in, but I think the current idea is great.

Yes. Would rather have seen PIT v. Cincy over SD play anyone. But then SD won its first playoff game, after arguably "backing in" via a missed FG. The expanded system might also make the last game of the season worth more as more teams fight to get in, and for home field. Less teams like KC sitting their starters.

San Diego deserved to be in. They fought tooth and nail in most games and barely survived, sure. But, they fought. They worked. They played good enough football to win games and they did so in the toughest division of 2013.