Meanwhile in Cleveland

BRAWNDO

i suppose by that definition of grease fire..... is that one official?

even so, i think we could let the question of "what the hell has happened in our front office the last decade and a half?" sit open ended still, as im not sure that we have any answer or assurance its been corrected. if some of the behind the scenes guys are causing the issues, its very possible we are no better off, its simply better concealed.

Yes, the Skins and Browns are the benchmark. lol

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Browns made the playoffs this year.

How's the saying go? Even a blind squirrel find a nut?

Can someone please take a drive over to Orchard Park, go into the woods, and start poking some eyes out of some squirrels please?

That's a good assessment of why the Bills have not been back to the playoffs... I look at "grease fires" and the like as teams like the Redskins who were all plotting against each other internally and the seemingly weekly Browns fiascos.

Again, not my definition of a grease fire. Lack of continuity, sure. I am not trying to argue anything... I personally just don't see the Bills as a grease fire based on their coaching staff.

Are these the functional Browns?

You won't even allow that the Bills are dysfunctional. Why argue the definition of "greas fire"?

You won't even allow that the Bills are dysfunctional. Why argue the definition of "greas fire"?

I didn't argue the definition. I said "my definition" - meaning I am not arguing it is anyone else's but my own. I also didn't disallow that they were dysfunctional. I said I personally did not think the current organization is dysfunctional, from where I sit. Clearly you don't agree... fine with me. I'm comparing them to the Browns, FTR. Edited by YoloinOhio

theyve certainly got us beat by a mile.

but compared to about 20 other organizations, i think we probably qualify as fairly dysfunctional though. if instead of a optimistic fan you go through the glasses of an outsider we have a 95 year old owner with no succession plan, our coach was .500 in the big east, our GM was assistant to and handgroomed by our last failed gm, we are trotting out our 5th defensive scheme in 5 years, we reached for a project qb and Russ has been some variation of ships captain for a pretty good chunk of the 14 year run (along with constants like overdorf and littman). i think at this point we still have something to prove before claiming to be well functioning. though as a fan, im hopeful.

given whaley, brandon, littman, overdorf are all holdovers from the last regime, and the last 3 are have been in positions of power the entire time.... im not sure how far we can fully separate this regime from past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrYkeXNYOG8

theyve certainly got us beat by a mile.

but compared to about 20 other organizations, i think we probably qualify as fairly dysfunctional though. if instead of a optimistic fan you go through the glasses of an outsider we have a 95 year old owner with no succession plan, our coach was .500 in the big east, our GM was assistant to and handgroomed by our last failed gm, we are trotting out our 5th defensive scheme in 5 years, we reached for a project qb and Russ has been some variation of ships captain for a pretty good chunk of the 14 year run (along with constants like overdorf and littman). i think at this point we still have something to prove before claiming to be well functioning. though as a fan, im hopeful.

given whaley, brandon, littman, overdorf are all holdovers from the last regime, and the last 3 are have been in positions of power the entire time.... im not sure how far we can fully separate this regime from past.

. . . . as I read your post, couldn't help but agree and think of this famous line from Stripes Edited by TXBILLSFAN

I didn't argue the definition. I said "my definition" - meaning I am not arguing it is anyone else's but my own. I also didn't disallow that they were dysfunctional. I said I personally did not think the current organization is dysfunctional, from where I sit. Clearly you don't agree... fine with me. I'm comparing them to the Browns, FTR.

Well, I thought I was describing the current organization. If you have to refer to the "current organization" each year as a unique entity, your team is dysfunctional.

That would SHOCK me. When I first read the announcement, I thought it was a Nix/Whaley deal, not that Lombardi/Banner knew they'd get canned, but that Farmer was involved and endorsed the hire. If Farmer didn't agree with Pettine hire, Pettine might have a very short tenure as Browns HC and already be on the proverbial hot seat and Browns might already be eyeing Quinn after the Hawk remarkable SB effort

It's been widely reported that he was not part of the process. It definitely puts Pettine on the hot seat because Farmer can always say "well, I wasn't involved in the hiring process so..." Regardless what anyone thinks, until Farmer says otherwise he wasn't involved in the hiring process.

It definitely puts Pettine on the hot seat because Farmer can always say "well, I wasn't involved in the hiring process so..."

I look at it this way - they just fired their coach abruptly after one season. It was universally regarded as a terrible knee-jerk decision (rightfully so) by the fans, the media, the players, and pretty much anyone associated with pro football. It cast the organization in a bad light, and lead to this purging of the GM and President. I don't think there's any situation where they can repeat that move and fire Pettine after only one season. They could whiff on every single draft pick, go 0-16, and Pettine could take a dump on the 50yd line and he's still going to be their 2015 head coach IMO.

The more I think of it, Pettine may be in a no lose situation. If he wins, he will be a hero and everyone will think even in that mess, he was a winner. If he loses, he will likely get a pass and people will say no one could have won in that mess..

From what I have read, Pettine is very much on board with Farmer... of course, I guess he doesn't have a choice at this point.

Edited by Buftex

He owns gas stations.

Giving him too much credit...he owns trucker rest stops.

Farmer must have wondered which billionaire moron should I hitch my wagon to, Ross or Haslam?

Clearly, Haslam would know a lot more about "hitches" and "wagons" (trailers), than Ross would. :nana:

Edited by Bob Malooga

No he is the 4th of 3.

Oh right - ha, not up on all the stooges

I look at it this way - they just fired their coach abruptly after one season. It was universally regarded as a terrible knee-jerk decision (rightfully so) by the fans, the media, the players, and pretty much anyone associated with pro football. It cast the organization in a bad light, and lead to this purging of the GM and President. I don't think there's any situation where they can repeat that move and fire Pettine after only one season. They could whiff on every single draft pick, go 0-16, and Pettine could take a dump on the 50yd line and he's still going to be their 2015 head coach IMO.

Yep, there is no way he gets less than 2 years

Can someone please take a drive over to Orchard Park, go into the woods, and start poking some eyes out of some squirrels please?

you were redeemed for awhile. no longer . poking squirrels eyes ? i mean i appreciate your intent and goal driven attitude , but gee . Just to get that proverbial , ever elusive NUT ?

We could try to swing a trade of Schwantz for Pettine and the Browns 2nd rounder. Who knows? The new guy may want a coach with experience. It is worth a shot.

Okay you are redeemed again. I would take that shot.