Meanwhile in Cleveland

BRAWNDO

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Lombardi has been a disaster. Who could have predicted that? Well.... anyone who listened to the nonsense he spouted on NFL Network maybe?

Well he did get the Colts to give up a first for Richardson and after being ripped initially for it ended up looking like a good move on his part

Other then that the Browns are a mess. I think Pettine lasts two years there but can't blame the guy bc the jump in salary alone from coordinator to head coach is worth the chance

Edited by Max997

Well he did get the Colts to give up a first for Richardson and after being ripped initially for it ended up looking like a good move on his part

Other then that the Browns are a mess. I think Pettine lasts two years there but can't blame the guy bc the jump in salary alone from coordinator to head coach is worth the chance

While it looks good from the perspective that TRich hasn't done anything in Indy, we still don't know whether it will be good for the Browns until we see what player they get with that pick. Right now, all we know is that they traded the #3 overall pick in the 2012 draft (which was actually their #4 overall pick, + their fourth, fifth and seventh-round picks in 2012 since they traded up to #3) for... the #26 overall pick in the 2014 draft. That and their running game was worse this year than it was when TRich was there. So, we don't know how the trade will benefit them until next season when we watch whoever they take at 26 play.

Edited by YoloinOhio

If Farmer had been the GM, I wonder if they would have fired Chud and let the rest of the staff leave after just one year. If not, Pettine would still be here. It is what it is. I hope that Schwartz ends up being a better DC than Pettine.

They may be better off without Lombardi and Banner running the show, but just the sequence of events makes you come to the realization that the franchise is really in disarray. What a mess...every time you think the Bills are incompetant, remember this...feel a little bad for Browns fans, they deserve better than this. When the Bills do finally change hands of ownership, lets just hope it works out...having enough money to own a team does not necessarily equip one with the ability to run it well...

If Farmer had been the GM, I wonder if they would have fired Chud and let the rest of the staff leave after just one year. If not, Pettine would still be here. It is what it is. I hope that Schwartz ends up being a better DC than Pettine.

They fired Chud b/c he wasn't 'their guy.' And now Pettine is in the same boat.

It is definitely the right move, just so much change over it is ridiculous. So close to the draft, just really bad. You have new systems, philosophies, etc.... again.

I am puzzled.

Why would these guys be so involved in the new coaching search when they were going to get canned?

Jonathan Smith@TBone971 16m

So glad Banner and Lombardi were allowed to fire and hire the next HC before they left. Brilliant management.

Ray Farmer looks like a very good future GM. He just may not be ready for the job. It looks to me that Farmer backed out of the Dolphins job because he knew he would get the Browns job soon. Haslam probably thought he'd end up with the two clowns he hired and lose the one guy that had a decent future. It looks like another in an endless series of retarded moves, but this one is probably a good one in the long run. Although, again, he just may not be ready. The Chiefs, and Browns last year didn't think so.

Ray Farmer looks like a very good future GM. He just may not be ready for the job. It looks to me that Farmer backed out of the Dolphins job because he knew he would get the Browns job soon. Haslam probably thought he'd end up with the two clowns he hired and lose the one guy that had a decent future. It looks like another in an endless series of retarded moves, but this one is probably a good one in the long run. Although, again, he just may not be ready. The Chiefs, and Browns last year didn't think so.

Also, Stephen Ross called him "Roy" throughout his interview :bag: