Michael Sam is out.

agardin

not for nothing, but I can't remember the last time I was watching highlight videos on YouTube and noticed a bunch of heterosexuality on the field...

It's ironic how you say this wasn't courageous at all, because you are obviously afraid of it.

Edited by Beerball

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liberals attack conservatives.....conservatives attack liberals...you may now return to your regularly scheduled programming of olympic ice dancing.

It sounds more like people are either attacking the player, commending the player, or acknowledging what's a fairly sizable moment in sports. In any case, yes, I do long for the day where it's not a topic of conversation and anyone straight, gay, black, white, Asian, etc can compete without being judged for anything other than their talent. At the moment, it's enough of a topic of conversation for people to discuss...

It can be both. I do not approve as in I think practicing homosexual behavior is a sin. But, I do not care if he is a practicing homosexual. That is his call to make. Muslims believe drinking is a sin. Jews believe eating pork is a sin. They don't approve of these things, but they don't care that I drink and eat pork. I know they think it's sinful and respect that.

well done

I don't give a rat's behind about his sexuality, straight or gay. If he can play and be a good team mate is all I want to know. I don't really need or care about the personal lives of athletes. That is their business and not mine.

And that changes my opinion of him by exactly 0.00%. It's 2014, this should be a nonissue. I could care less what someone does in their own private life. Gay, Straight, Black, White, Man, Woman, any other category you can put somone in...WHO CARES?

We'd be in much better shape as a society if everyone stopped worrying about what 'category' someone was in and just started judging people by the 'content of their character' as MLK said. That includes making a big deal out of something that no one really has a problem with to begin with.

Comparing this to Jackie Robinson is ludicrous.

And that changes my opinion of him by exactly 0.00%. It's 2014, this should be a nonissue. I could care less what someone does in their own private life. Gay, Straight, Black, White, Man, Woman, any other category you can put somone in...WHO CARES?

We'd be in much better shape as a society if everyone stopped worrying about what 'category' someone was in and just started judging people by the 'content of their character' as MLK said. That includes making a big deal out of something that no one really has a problem with to begin with.

Comparing this to Jackie Robinson is ludicrous.

I agreed with everything until you said the JR comparison was ludicrous? Why is it not the same? I was born in the 80's so I missed the Civil Rights movement.

i love how people use religion and the bible to mask their bigotry.. i am pretty proud of this guy.. ill be rooting for him next year, even if hes not on the bills..

Seeing your "handle" and avatar, this surprises no one. LOL

I'll be rooting for him if he plays for the Bills, otherwise, he's just another enemy player.

Re the "coming out" party: I don't care one whit, and there was no need to do it. And judging from just about everything I read and see, the 97% of the population who is not gay, does not need or want other peoples' gayness constantly thrown in their faces. Like many others have been saying for YEARS, what people do in their own private lives is NO concern to anyone.

Leviticus tells us homosexuality is a sin, as is touching the skin of a pig. Exodus tells us working on Sunday is a sin. Man, that's three for three. If he gets drafted, this guy would be the sinniest football player that ever sinned.

This. The young man is doomed. The Sunday thing put him over the top.