Vikings announce PSL costs for their new stadium

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's your Bills fan alliance. Make STH'ers pay $2,500 a piece to give the team $100 million. Teams usually allow folks to spread the PSL over 5-10 years to take the sting out of it. I hope we are ready for this when it's our turn. Yeah, Ralph is a real miser. <_<.

PTR

I can't imagine this type of thing flying in Buffalo. So seats without club access carry a PSL of just under two grand? I could pay for almost five years of season tickets where I sit at the Ralph. And that's before they evenvpay for the tickets themselves. In this town you could probably sit with Ralph himself for that much money.

Honestly, these prices arent that bad. If it meant a new stadium, or re-structured RWS, and (finally) security for the Bills, I would be happy to pay that.

. . . as a one-time thing - I agree. Let the season ticket holders pay this and alleviate the tax burden on the masses - many of which hate football and oppose these stadiums.

The Star Tribune article gets more specific:http://www.startribune.com/local/244270481.html

"The average price of a seat license will be $2,500, but a majority will cost less than $2,000 at the new Vikings stadium, team officials said.

The team said 75 percent of seats will require seat licenses.

The seat licenses will be a one-time contribution for the right to purchase seats.

The priciest seat licenses, at the lower level 50-yard line, will go for $9,500. Vikings club seats will be $5,300. Seats without club access have a license price of less than $2,000."

Can someone educate me on PSL's? Are PSL's always a one-time thing? Or in some cases is it an annual thing + the cost of the tickets?

Edited by Never NEVER Give-up

This is the epitome of corporate handouts resulting in socialized debt for all and exclusive access for some. I'll be honest, if the Bills want to stay here, use hundreds of millions in taxpayer subsidies (which come from everyone) and then charge a PSL, I'll help pack the trucks. It's so perverse to take money from the public dole, money that could support things like, I don't know, and improved education or healthcare system, and give it to billionaire owners who then exclude a large majority of the population they extracted money from.

I would hope that the Bills Fan Alliance, or whatever its called, ties some strings to its money that would limit the use of PSLs. Seems justified given that the savings on a $100M loan over 10 years would save $100M, or the amount gained from PSLs.

The PSL is a one-time cost that allows you to buy season tickets. If you ever want to get rid of them, you can sell your PSL to another buyer.

Correct...and hopefully the PSL is still worth what you paid for it. Not able to search for a link but some Jets fans were losing a ton when they tried to sell their PSLs just a few years after buying them.

Correct...and hopefully the PSL is still worth what you paid for it. Not able to search for a link but some Jets fans were losing a ton when they tried to sell their PSLs just a few years after buying them.

its not a great investment..... especially if you buy high and sell when theres a low demand during a losing season etc.... but that you can recoup any of it is a positive.

Edited by NoSaint

This is the epitome of corporate handouts resulting in socialized debt for all and exclusive access for some. I'll be honest, if the Bills want to stay here, use hundreds of millions in taxpayer subsidies (which come from everyone) and then charge a PSL, I'll help pack the trucks. It's so perverse to take money from the public dole, money that could support things like, I don't know, and improved education or healthcare system, and give it to billionaire owners who then exclude a large majority of the population they extracted money from.

I would hope that the Bills Fan Alliance, or whatever its called, ties some strings to its money that would limit the use of PSLs. Seems justified given that the savings on a $100M loan over 10 years would save $100M, or the amount gained from PSLs.

I have less of a problem with this than I do with taking state and county money.

Its voluntary. As a primary customer, I use the stadium, I take pride in it, I take pride in the Bills. The existence of the team provides to me a lot of entertainment in the form of watching, analyzing, worrying about it, looking forward to drafts, schedules, etc, and even enhancing NCAA watching. I would think that in my case, for my seat level, a $2,000/seat PSL would be very reasonable, especially if it can be spread over some years. My enjoyment would be enhanced more by the cloud of relocation finally sent away.

And it holds value, and heck, it could even increase in value.

Honestly, these prices arent that bad. If it meant a new stadium, or re-structured RWS, and (finally) security for the Bills, I would be happy to pay that.

Regardless of the prices, the concept is ridiculous. You purchase the right to purchase tickets? A big ripoff.

Edited by nucci

Regardless of the prices, the concept is ridiculous. You purchase the right to purchase tickets? A big ripoff.

the concept is bad for fans. It is a ripoff... and I hope at some point the bubble on the NFL bursts where these things arent necessary/possible...

But unfortunately it has worked, and that is the price fans have to pay. I wouldnt want to stand up against it here as I dont think the NFL would bluff in allowing the team to leave.