Per Bills text Rob Moore hired as WR coach

Beerball

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nonsense? Really?

It's official, there are two types of Bills fans when it comes to SJ: those who dare mention the childish antics we all bear witness to, and those who completely dismiss them out of hand, flaming the rest of us as uptight heretics with some kind of latent racist axe to grind.

Tell me then: how come every other player just put a suit on? Why was it Stevie who had to put on the stupid looking beanie when he talked to the press? And how is this not consistent with everything else fans like me have noticed/grown tired of?

There is a third type of Bills fan whenit comes to Stevie--the one who looks poorly upon his unfunny TD rituals and inopportune poor play and who does not get as worked up about a few silly wardrobe idiosyncracies in the dumbest of all sports activities---the post game "press conference".

It's not all or nothing.

"Differences in philosophy" is a euphemism for many things that would lead to fire someone. Not unlike "irreconcilable differences" is as an excuse to divorce.

I guess I would only say that if you discover you have "irreconcilable differences" with a coach after less than one year on your staff, either you did a piss poor job of interviewing the guy (his philosophy should have been clear to see at that time), or there was an inciting event at the end of the season that prompted the firing and subsequent lame euphemism used by Marrone to explain the dismissal.

I'm giving Doug the benefit of the doubt and assuming it was the latter.

You claim he didn't fire Hilliard over Rogers. Ok, then--if it was over differences in "philosophy", why did he hire Ike in the first place? MArrone had to know everything he needed to know about Hilliard's philosophy before he offerd him the job. Wouldn;t that make sense as part of the vetting/interview process?

Do I agree with whom?--about what? Cutting Rogers after hardly giving him any snaps in preseason--probably a mistake.

Even bland Chan called Stevie out on his antics. The stuff Big Cat was citing as Stevie stuff was nonsense, but even so, Marrone has never said anything publically against SJ.

In contrast, no--obviously Dareus knows that his antics were not "OK" with Marrone, as Doug publicly punished him twice.

There is no reason for me to believe that: 1): Hillard recommended the cutting of Rogers and 2): that Marrone fired Ike for recommending cutting Rogers. Impossible to believe. Ike didn't decide who got the snaps in preseason games. I'm sure he felt they still had no idea what they had yet in Rogers--he was gone too quick. Evidence now suggests he was worth keeping over Brandon Kaufman, Roberson or Hogan.

you speak with great conviction, which is admirable. on the other hand, mixing phrases with "impossible to believe" and "i'm sure he felt" and "evidence now suggests" all speak to the fact that you're making up your mind based on your interpretation of the precious few facts at your disposal. in other words, you're guessing, which is fine, but it's still a guess. i submit some more reasons that marrone might have chosen to go in a different direction;

hilliard made a pass at his wife/hilliard said he looked fat in those jeans/hilliard wanted out/hilliard falsified his resume/hilliard got caught dipping his pen in the company ink/hilliard said ralph is cheap.

I'm a semi-professional soccer coach here in England. I've appointed guys that are very well regarded coaches who have interviewed well and who I've thought fitted what we were looking for "philiosophically" and then you work with them and over a period of time you think "nah... this isn't working out." It happens. Sometimes things just don't fit together as nicely as you had hoped. I suspect that is what happened with Hilliard. I don't think it had anything at all to do with any disagreement over D'Rick Rodgers. It's life sometimes it happens. The thing is people are not robots. So even when everything looks right on paper and seems to match up there are times when the reality is different and you don't know that until you are in the middle of the season. The speed with which the change was made at the end of the campaign suggests to me that they had probably both ome to the conculsion some time earlier that it would be best to go their separate ways.

excellent post gb. to clarify, my point was that given what we know as fans, it could have been hilliard got sassy because of marrone's decision, or marrone might have been upset with hilliard's performance. truth is, we speculate but don't know. you said it more eloquently.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

Because of the ridiculous nitpicking and general negativity, particularly as it relates to, of all things, a positional coach.

They have left us with only nits to pick...

you speak with great conviction, which is admirable. on the other hand, mixing phrases with "impossible to believe" and "i'm sure he felt" and "evidence now suggests" all speak to the fact that you're making up your mind based on your interpretation of the precious few facts at your disposal. in other words, you're guessing, which is fine, but it's still a guess. i submit some more reasons that marrone might have chosen to go in a different direction;

hilliard made a pass at his wife/hilliard said he looked fat in those jeans/hilliard wanted out/hilliard falsified his resume/hilliard got caught dipping his pen in the company ink/hilliard said ralph is cheap.

excellent post gb. to clarify, my point was that given what we know as fans, it could have been hilliard got sassy because of marrone's decision, or marrone might have been upset with hilliard's performance. truth is, we speculate but don't know. you said it more eloquently.

Well, yeah. That's what we are all doing.

But I particularly thought the suggestion that Marrone fired Ike for recommendng the cutting of Rogers was a whopper. Can you imagine a HC, at the end of the season telling a position coach: "Oh....WHY did you tell me to cut that guy??!!"..as if a position coach would ever make such a decision and a HC would act on it--and then regret it enough to fire the guy!

Hilarious turn in the discussion guys

That's jut like...your opinion, man.

Yeah man.....you have your opinion and it's set. You keep saying negative stuff and i've ignored it for a long time. You discount the following:

1. Stevie praises this city and its fans. See Marshawn and the infamous Buffalo is not NYC crap. Marshawn indirectly (through his own stupidity) gave other fans and cities more of a reason to throw dirt on us.

2. Stevie never tested the open market, held out, or even gave OBD a hard time. He is our homegrown talent that wanted to stay. We haven't got love from a big name like that in a while. I don't care what you say; THAT MEANS SOMETHING. So you do this: Spit on Stevie pine for Marshawn and praise Byrd. Lmao. P.S. he would have gotten more on the open market.

3. You completely discount his numbers. Stevie had 3 great season followed by this years tire fire.

4. Pay less attention to what he's wearing and more to what he says. In those interviews he always praises his teamates. ALWAYS. Every single interview. He says some boastful stuff but his tone is always hyping up his teamates. Ease up fashion police. It's a Bills hat.; not a Stevie hat.

5. People like you dwell on him being a Diva-- which really isn't even true. They asked him to move to the slot. He moved to the slot. When the press asked him about it he was all for it. He bassically said whatever helps the team. People threw a fit over being pissed that Tuel lost the game by throwing a pick six to a KC player rather than a wide open 13. I would be too. He also would NEVER have caught that guy that TJ graham couldn't even catch. However you gloss over the time Fitz threw a pick and stevie ran back 10 yards, forced a fumble, AND recoevered it.

Stop treating the ones that love this team like trash. Stevie is loyal to us and shows the city and fanbase love. I'm not going to spit in his face. The craziest part is: HE IS STILL A GREAT WIDE RECIEVER!!!!! I just can't take your missplaced propoganda anymore. Get over yourself Jerry Sullivan....i mean BIg Cat.

I work in Syracuse as well. You can rest assured he doesn't have his finger on the pulse of how Syracuse fans feel. Anytime anything in relation to the SU-Marrone connection comes up, you can count on him to be there to bring up false anecdotes.

If you want to know how the Buffalo Bills are doing just come to Syracuse. When Syracuse is wall to wall Buffalo Bills fans proudly wearing their Buffalo Bills gear you know that the Bills are doing well When Buffalo Bills fans here in Syracuse are cynical toward the Bills, as they are now, then you know the Bills aren't doing well or expected to do well.

Syracuse is a leading indicator of the Buffalo Bills success or failure.

Because of the ridiculous nitpicking and general negativity, particularly as it relates to, of all things, a positional coach.

Yeah, well, you can pooh-pooh the the impact of a WR coach all you want, but while you and others are touting the importance of QBs and great defenses when it comes to winning SBs, I'll just say that in the last 40 years, EVERY SUPER BOWL WINNER HAD A WR COACH! It just isn't done without them.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah, well, you can pooh-pooh the the impact of a WR coach all you want, but while you and others are touting the importance of QBs and great defenses when it comes to winning SBs, I'll just say that in the last 40 years, EVERY SUPER BOWL WINNER HAD A WR COACH! It just isn't done without them.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah, well, I say...prove it!

If you want to know how the Buffalo Bills are doing just come to Syracuse. When Syracuse is wall to wall Buffalo Bills fans proudly wearing their Buffalo Bills gear you know that the Bills are doing well When Buffalo Bills fans here in Syracuse are cynical toward the Bills, as they are now, then you know the Bills aren't doing well or expected to do well.

Actually that has nothing to do with being a fan. That's a bandwagon jumper.

Actually that has nothing to do with being a fan. That's a bandwagon jumper.

I completely agree with you.

The NFL Buffalo Bills have to compete with the Syracuse Orange college football every autumn.

But what I say about Bills fans in Syracuse holds true. When there's a lot of Bills fans wearing their Buffalo Bills gear here in Syracuse it means the Bills are doing well and will continue to do well.

Right now it's the opposite.

Moore was on John Murphy's show tonight.... I'll need to listen the podcast but saw this tweet from Murph about the interview:

John Murphy@JohnMurphyShow 13m

He also believes the Bills have the best WR core in the AFC East with the most speed

I'll buy the speed thing and granted the Pats* and Jets don't have much going on in the WR dept.... but Miami with Wallace and Hartline I think might be better. I wonder if Marrone showed him any film of Graham or if he temporarily misplaced that.

We have people like that in Columbus. They're called Bengals fans.

Drops. That's what I "have against" SJ. Key drops at important times within a game.

Like BigCat, some of us think his head isn't screwed on completely straight and that translates to a lack of focus within the game.

As to the position coach - welcome aboard Rob Moore. You were a great NFL player. Hope you have a positive influence on The Bills receiving corps.

PS: Catch the ball Steve. That's your job. Catch the ball, then run with it. That is all.

Edited by Nanker